Newport News, Virginia, United States
giphy.gif

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I think my wife is going to take my razor knifes away from me, last night I sliced another finger open, the fourth time this month. Damn knife slipped and went right up my trigger finger on the left hand, deep and down to the knuckle. Headed to the bathroom I passed through the living room with my hand wrapped oozing blood, she saw me and asked what happen, I told her I cut myself again, her response was "Oh my god, again? What are you doing?" Why do these things have to happen when she's home..... :(

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I've got a multi-tool, belt style. Every time I fool with it I end up cutting myself and the wife says "Cut yourself AGAIN?". Since she works it usually happens when she's out, but the bandages/band aids are a give-away. I am, finally, getting the hang of folding everything back up without spilling blood...after two years...don't really use it much.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
OK Evolvers, I'm faced with a major crisis. My goto mod for working outside and in the car, an Invader Mini, seems to have given up the ghost. The Invader is a rubber clad, water resistant, shock resistant tube mod with TC, single 18650, nickel only and 60 watt max which is fine for me. Anything else like that out there? I need that kind of durability in case I drop it while on the tractor, and I have dropped it and run over it in the process. Yeah, I can be really klutzy.

In terms of taking it apart and slipping in a DNA40/60/75, that ain't gonna happen. Apparently the rubber cladding is cast on after assembly or glued/sonic welded on after assembly, plus it just ain't big enough. Worst case, I'll throw a DNA60 together in a printed enclosure (hate Shapeways though).
Geekvape Aegis is what you need IP67 rated and 810G 516.6 shock proof. Works great in the sub 60W range for decent battery life. It's not a $10 eFun Invader, but 100x more durable.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
That's why I'd never have an Alexa in the house or get on YouTube, WasteBook or any of those apps. They load crap that's hidden in the "user agreement" and you give up your privacy without even being aware you did it. Plus, who wants a hot mike around them 24/7/365. Didn't work out too well for BHO in a couple of cases and that was only a few minutes in his case.

Geekvape Aegis is what you need IP67 rated and 810G 516.6 shock proof. Works great in the sub 60W range for decent battery life. It's not a $10 eFun Invader, but 100x more durable.

That looks pretty decent, plus there are rubberized cases for it on Amazon. My only hesitation, so far, is there isn't much information, like none, on what wires it supports. The price is OK for a complete mod, even if it's not an Evolv based mod.

Reactions: mikepetro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Geek Vape Aegis 100W TC Box Mod Features:

• Dimensions: 88mm by 46.8mm by 37.8mm
  • Single 26650 High-Amp Battery - Not Included
  • Optional 18650 High-Amp Battery w/ Sleeve Adapter
  • Max Wattage Output: 100W
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
Geek Vape Aegis 100W TC Box Mod | Single 18650/26650 Device

Users who are viewing this thread