Evolv-ing Thread

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
That looks pretty decent, plus there are rubberized cases for it on Amazon. My only hesitation, so far, is there isn't much information, like none, on what wires it supports. The price is OK for a complete mod, even if it's not an Evolv based mod.
It supports the standard Ni/Ti/SS316L and has a TCR mode for everything else. It's not DNA TC quality by any means, but works quite well now the new firmware allows you to lock the resistance.

I had a hard time finding something to run on my Aegis, it's sweet spot is around 50W-60W for any battery life. So I picked up a Geekvape Zeus, it's a single coil OBS Engine nano style RTA, except the Zeus works perfectly where the nano was a struggle for me just to get a mediocre vape.

I think you will get great runtime with the FeV. I use an Aspire 26650 4300mAh in mine and have tried 18650's, 20700's and the junk iJoy 21700 which gave the worst performance out of all batteries tried.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
That "out of stock" was the buy 1 get 5 free, so I did order one. Let's see how it works out. Thanks for that suggestion, TD. I was hoping you or Steamer would have an answer for me. Thanks again.

Can't figure out how I missed the wire types. I blame it on old age and being a blond, before I went gray.

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Just an FYI there is an optional battery cap for the Aegis, with both caps all batteries will fit/Work :)
Aegis Battery Cap for 20700/21700 Cell Geek Vape Online Store
There are a ton of YT videos on how "Tough" it is.
People smashing it on the ground, tossing it in the water, one guy even runs it over with a Car!
But this is maybe the video you want to see.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hope you like it @awsum140, it's a great mod if you keep single cell in perspective. I got a real kick out of those who claimed they were getting all day use at 75W with the original firmware. That firmware started throttling back power around 3.7V I think. :lol:

The new Aegis kits were supposed to include the 2x700 battery cap as well. We badgered GeekVape enough on FB that I think they finally gave in and include it :D. It might not come with the non-kit units though, but there are a ton of US/CAN online retailers that carry it.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Sad Day :( Just got this for my Green BB this week, chipped a corner off some how :(
I contacted the Guy, He said he would see if he had a similar one.
Even if he's nice enough to replace it for me, it will never be a perfect match like this one was :( Plus it takes over a month to come from Poland :(

QutZ85c.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Thanks, Steamer. I'm hoping the firmware updates eliminate those "little" problems that PB mentioned. The Invader had some similar behavior problems with a weak battery, just shut down with no real warning.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Here's a tip I learned a long time ago, back when I was twisting wrenches and it wasn't uncommon to get a cut on the hands. Bandage well, keep it clean, wait 24 hours for some healing to start, give enough time for the bleeding to stop, clean with rubbing alcohol, let dry then slightly open the cut and run a tiny bead of super glue into the cut, press the cut closed and hold for a few minuets, apply a second time if needed to fill the cut. It doesn't work well if it's wet, still bleeding or oozing, the drier the better. If it opens back up clean again and reapply. It keeps the cut closed, keeps dirt out, less painful when it's not flexing open and really helps to speed up the healing time. It's worked well for me over the years, try it the next time you get a cut.

Users who are viewing this thread