Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatsepsut

Jan 6, 2009
Lund, Sweden
One of the main reasons I want to quit smoking is that i exercise quite regularly and the smoking is obviously working against that. So, I wonder, to what degree is the actual nicotine affecting my physical shape and condition and how much is it the other substances in a cigarette?

Would it still be a big drawback for me, regarding exercise, to smoke e-cigs?

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
as far as i can tell you being an asmitic who tried to run the effects of prolonged e smoking are as follows depending on your own smokeing level i was a pack a day

1. easier to breathe in the morning no smokers hack
2. makes it easier to take the stairs
3. even easier in those all day meetings :) vap and cover light

other then that i have not noticed much but then again i was never into the whole active scene

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I had taken up cycling quite a while before vaping in the hope that it would help to improve my lung function even though I was still smoking (I was getting out of breath doing 'anything')....and it was helping a bit....and when I first started vaping I really couldn't tell any difference at all but after nearly two months of vaping ..in the last few days I have really noticed some difference ....I have actually started to have little spells of 'racing' my bike so one thing is certain.. vaping isn't making my lungs worse!

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
It didn't seem to affect this guys performance:

sicover_082508_phelps.jpg

Michael Phelps Smoking Weed Pictures - Marijuana .... Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread