exhale through nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denyse

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Goodfellow AFB
I find that I exhale from my nose and mouth, but I don't seem to be able to control it. I'm a girl and I don't think it's that "attractive" to exhale through my nose ...but it seems to be involuntary for me...
so I wonder how you control whether you exhale through your nose or mouth?

I smoked cigarettes for 25 years and never ever exhaled through my nose. On my second day of vaping I was chatting with my daughter and she says, "ewww why do you keep exhaling through your nose?". I was shocked and a little disturbed because I had no clue that I was. It must have something to do with the different way we inhale the vapor. I'm also going to admit that I then went and vaped for a awhile in front of the mirror and can now feel when I'm doing it, lol. So when I'm at home I really don't worry about how I'm exhaling and let my daughter mock to her hearts content. However when I'm out in public I do try to exhale only through my mouth....vanity I know! :blush:

Denyse

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Goodfellow AFB
Or maybe a better way of explaining...for years I watched my Dad run around with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth inhaling without ever actually touching the cigarette and then exhaling through his nose. In my mind it became such a "man" way of smoking I just never exhaled through my nose. That's just me though and I know it sounds very vain.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I exhaled through my nose when I smoked. It kind of bothered me that I did...I used to try to catch myself and not do it because I didn't think it was very good for my sinuses. I didn't succeed. When I started vaping, at first I ALWAYS exhaled through my mouth. It was like I felt like I couldn't exhale out my nose for some reason. Now I do, though, and with vaping I don't worry about my sinuses. I just do a "mash up"...a little of both mouth and nose exhale. I don't know exactly how I "learned" to control it. Probably the mirror thing would be the best bet for starters.

I'm a girl, too.

Denyse

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Goodfellow AFB
my main question is how do you control it? it seems like most people control it, but I can't and I also can't feel it ..
maybe I'll try the mirror like denyse to see if I can feel it...

That was my problem as well, I actually had no idea I was doing it so I had to go stare at myself while exhaling. I've come to find that I actually prefer to exhale some through my nose because I feel I get more flavor, not sure if there is any truth to that theory but I feel I enjoy it more when I do. The best way I know to describe how to control it is as already mentioned..it's like breathing out of your nose or mouth. I did have to watch myself do it though until I could feel the difference. Wish I could explain it a way that helps more.

RickAppling

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Lincoln' NE
That is how I do it. But that is the only way I get any sense of flavor at all. Never smoked so I did not have to unlearn any thing. Buy also I was a little confused how to get started.

I just take a deep inhale of vapor, then breathe in a little air. Close my mouth and exhale through my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread