• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

experience with international orders ( surevapes and healthcabin ) and customs shipping to Canada ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hello all,

I'm not exactly sure if this fits in this forum, but it isn't really a specific supplier question either or a Canadian supplier question. I was digging around looking for cheap boge cartomizers and surevapes.com kept coming up on the forum. Apparently they now ship to Canada and at $23 USD for 5 packages and free shipping, this is about $25 cheaper than canvape (ordering under $50). I was also digging around healthcabin and wonder if anyone has ordered from these two places. I assume surevapes takes about 1-2 weeks to ship to Canada and doesn't have problems with customs for hardware. Healthcabin apparently takes about a month .. should I order hardware and nicotine liquid separately and hope for the best with the liquid and customs ? Has anyone had customs problems with healthcabin ?

Better yet, does anyone have a good recommendation for ordering to Canada for small orders with cheap or free shipping ? Paying $10-15 for $50-100 orders is REALLY starting to drive me insane. I know the logical thing would just be to order more, but I'm still testing vendors/juices.

Thanks for any information.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Happy Groundhog day everyone!

That's the biggest lag on a post I've ever seen. :D

To the OP: I don't have any personal experience with either supplier, so take this for what it is. I've heard it's better to order hardware and e-liquid separately. I would say Health Cabin has about the same chance of getting through as anyone else would, judging by the number of people I've seen who have ordered from there successfully.

I'll leave the rest up to someone with more experience.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Orders from China can take a month or so, realistically. Basically, don't order and then come here a week or 2 weeks later asking everyone where the hell your package is ;) lol

Also, in case you haven't shipped anything domestically... Canada Post charges exorbitant amounts to ship parcels. I can ship a package to Singapore for $9 and it costs $13 to send the same size/weight package to somewhere less than 2 hours away from me. So that is why no Canadian vendors offer free shipping. You know, if you email the vendor, they usually aren't adverse to helping you out. They will send it regular mail if they can, or take it out of the boxes and pack it tightly to make it a small packet shipment.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
chargin? 50 boges, $45 and free shipping to Canada ;) not to bad a deal right? I just happened to see this in a different thread The Company is Sure Vapes

And it states under the huge "free shipping" banner:

SHIPPING: Shipping at Sure Vapes is Always Free. We Ship 2 Times a Day (Mon. - Fri.)
& Once on Saturday. Orders placed on Sunday Don't Ship Until Monday. In addition
we offer Shipping Insurance based upon Cart Value. In the event you require a different
shipping Service please Contact Us Prior to checkout to make arrangements.

Don't ask me their turn around time, as i never ordered from there, but i think i am going to be placing a huge order for them tonight ;) so many goodies in the home, so few hours in the day to get to them all now....lol think i am going to have to raffle some of these off

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Hello all,

Better yet, does anyone have a good recommendation for ordering to Canada for small orders with cheap or free shipping ? Paying $10-15 for $50-100 orders is REALLY starting to drive me insane. I know the logical thing would just be to order more, but I'm still testing vendors/juices.

Thanks for any information.

Madvapes has cheap shipping and a huge selection of cheap carto's, an order made on Monday normally arrives next week Wednesday so about 10 days real time for my location at around 3 bucks shipping, all orders seem to sail past customs .

Health Cabin has cheap shipping and cheap carto's but takes about 20 days and requires a signature apon delivery which can be a problem if your local postman is a drooling ..... (not uncommon),

Haven't heard of Surevapes before but just added them to favs for future reference.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Shipping costs in Canada really drive me nuts, I put off ordering alot of little things because the extra cash for the shipping just kills me, luckily I have a vendor within driving distance here, but I cannot get everything i want from him. This is in no way a knock on our vendors (I used to sell quite a bit on ebay so I understand shipping costs), it is more just me .....ing about our Canadian shipping rates. I would love to be able to order just once 30ml bottle of juice and pay a couple bucks shipping, that would be great.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I agree with shipping, as I do a lot of ebay sales and Canada Post is very expensive.

However, I think all vendors should add the option of regular post on their web site. Most ecommerce software has plugins for canada post that can get shipping rates based on individual item weight. It isn't a huge job (healthcabin already has individual item weight, so it would be easy to "borrow" the numbers) and the plugins are usually free. Or just offer the option of oversized lettermail - yeah, its slow, but 500g is only $4, and half a kilo worth of boges is a lot of boges. :)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
You got it Lark. And the difference is huge. If it will fit in the slot it's about $3 and if it won't it's about $13 :( Surevapes doesn't ship for free to Canada, just FYI.

I am wondering if we are talking about two different sure vapes? must be.....as the one i am talking about is from New Jersey USA....and in fact

View attachment 112158 With the order of three bolts and five atomizers (making some very nice jugheads juice goody bags for people, and with joke smoke 2.0 as the juice i got here, why not :D) I wanted to make sure we were not talking about the same company

View attachment 112155 Based on my address here in Canada it says i have free shipping, so i thought i would proceed to check out

View attachment 112156 I cannot show you my address as you never know who is on the out side and are going to want to show up at odd hours with a 25lbs gummi bear, or a midget stripper that pops out of a cub cake (then again not bad idea's).......

Just to make sure we are not talking about the same one through (as in the case of vapor geek and vaper geek) i sent the one in New Jersey a email to verify there is indeed free shipping as i have now paid for this product ;) I will share the email once it comes in, and the receipt i will get with the shipment to show the distinction for the one i am talking about

~edit in case those dang screen shots are too small here there are again without the other stuff like the vendor name etc~

View attachment 112159 Here we have the product i ordered and my address going in

View attachment 112160 Here we have the shipping Offerings

I cannot do the final purchase enlargement (that sounded incredibly bad huh?) but who needs to see that boring stuff?

Last edited:

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Yeah I just did a double check on that after I posted and you're correct, they do. HOWEVER, they did not before. I must have convinced them to do so, as I was going to purchase from them before and the cost of shipping was exorbitant which turned me off. Good to see that they've changed that now. It really grinds my gears when places want to charge $30 to ship to Canada :glare:

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Yeah I just did a double check on that after I posted and you're correct, they do. HOWEVER, they did not before. I must have convinced them to do so, as I was going to purchase from them before and the cost of shipping was exorbitant which turned me off. Good to see that they've changed that now. It really grinds my gears when places want to charge $30 to ship to Canada :glare:

I agree I dislike seeing $30 shipping from the US, but that really does depend on how they are shipping it. I find that if they are using USPS boxes it costs a lot more. If its a no name box (ie no branding), or bubble wrap bag and just slapping on a shipping label it's a lot cheeper.

LesVegas

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
BC, Canada
I wanted to order a couple weeks ago based on a note from pbusardos site, but there was no option for shipping to canada. Based on this thread, I placed an order last night, got an email this afternoon notifying me its been shipped, and yes, shipping was free. There is tremendously positive feedback on the surevapes ecf thread, so I'm looking forward to a positive experience.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I wanted to order a couple weeks ago based on a note from pbusardos site, but there was no option for shipping to canada. Based on this thread, I placed an order last night, got an email this afternoon notifying me its been shipped, and yes, shipping was free. There is tremendously positive feedback on the surevapes ecf thread, so I'm looking forward to a positive experience.

no joke! i got a email and then i seen i could view the comment online which i was going to show the link, but then seen i was in my account :facepalm: So as part of the customer service;

Request Details

Questions on Shipping to Canada
Date Opened: 6/27/2012
Department: Sales
Opened by: Customer
Last Action Date: 6/27/2012

User/Date Message
Customer
6/27/2012 12:34:32 PM

Greetings and Salutations;

I am looking at wanting to get the Ego-t Starter Kit, the Bolt, and about five Smok Tech 510 2ohm Atomizer, But i am living in Manitoba Canada, i did not see anything about shipping to me here, so i was wondering in order to calculate it if i had to contact you first?

and i got back

Staff (Administrator)
6/27/2012 4:40:00 PM

Constantine,
We def. ship to Canada and in Most cases its free of charge to you. However, if you need anything that has lithium ion batteries in it then we will have to use Fedex. That however will incur a fee to you, though you will receive Our cost on said items. Quick note we are Out of Stock on ego-t kits as we are in the process of transitioning to a complete Line of JoyeTech products. This will be happening over the next 3-4 weeks and shortly you'll see new Joyetech products appearing. At this time we have no idea of pricing. We have other ego style kits in stock, if there is something specific u want let me know. Once we have an idea of what kit i can get u a fedex price, my guess would be around $10.
Thanx
Chris

How can you not go wrong :D As for the Ego-T kits, i can wait...for now..i am getting my order of Dragon Totem ego's from Vaporus tomorrow (three for myself, and a couple for the goodie bag's i am sending out by Friday)....HOWEVER.....the buzz looks good too :D

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Man I have been eyeing a gunmetal Bolt for a while now (i know it isnt the best mod in the world but it looks cool) and at $29 if the shipping is free I might have to get it....nvm the gunmetal is $35, but still if the shipping is free.....nvm again LOL it is $35 with the extender, i am going to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread