Extracting Nicotine from gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DipBooi

Jun 15, 2020
Hi Everyone

Before anyone loses their minds like they have in similar posts, im only considering this because my country has implemented crazy draconian anti-tobacco laws in response to Covid.
Unfortunately vaping has been lumped together with tobacco, which is now illegal under lockdown restrictions.

Ive looked through this forum and from what I can see patches are more cost-effective, but all the glues and whatnot are a bit dodgy to risk vaping. Other than that, gum might be an option but it doesnt contain much nicotine for the price. There are black market cigarettes available, but atm they cost around 10 X what they did before the lockdown, so nicotine gum is probably, believe it or not, a pretty cost-effective option at present.

Does anybody with some chemistry knowledge know of an extraction method that may work for gum? Or any resources that may be helpful in figuring it out? Obviously chewing the gum and vaping 0mg is an option (which I am currently doing), but its horribly unsatisfying.

Any help appreciated :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
You are not going to extract nicotine from gum without a full compound laboratory.

Black market is where we are headed. Get to know some seedy type people who loiter in alleys.

Without a novice-equipped lab, it's near impossible to extract nicotine from tobacco plants.

DipBooi

Jun 15, 2020
Just a stab in the dark... South Africa.
No pun intended..:facepalm::facepalm:

Cheers
I
Correct :(
For a couple weeks we werent allowed to buy open toed shoes, and were only allowed to exercise within a 3 hour window (i.e. cramming the whole days worth of runners onto sidewalks at the same time because apparently proximity stops being a transmission factor from 6-9 am)
:admin:

Welcome to ECF, DipBooi. The most cost effective and efficient way to extract the nicotine from gum is to chew it. Talk about puttin' your money where your mouth is.. :cool:
Hmmm, I wonder if this extraction technique would work with the patches :drool:

• Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You are not going to extract nicotine from gum without a full compound laboratory

^^^ This is probably the most correct and realistic answer you''ll get.

Solution?

Vape zero nicotine ejuice while chewing the nicotine gum.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    No. Don't. It's just not a good idea and the sheer number of products involved.... Can you get your hands on snus, it's not '"technically" a vaping product I bet. Using that and vaping 0 nic but with flavors is going to be your best bed. Otherwise, yes chew the gum while you are vaping 0 nic.

It isn't going to happen, not safely or economically in any way.

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Correct :(
    For a couple weeks we werent allowed to buy open toed shoes, and were only allowed to exercise within a 3 hour window (i.e. cramming the whole days worth of runners onto sidewalks at the same time because apparently proximity stops being a transmission factor from 6-9 am)
    :admin:

Hmmm, I wonder if this extraction technique would work with the patches :drool:
    Sorry to hear bro...
    If you can receive packages... I'll ship you some 100mg/ml "holy water" blessed by the pope of your choice.
    Do you think it would get through?

Cheers
    I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sorry to hear bro...
    If you can receive packages... I'll ship you some 100mg/ml "holy water" blessed by the pope of your choice.

Cheers
    I

Not a bad idea. Maybe put "holy anointing oil" on the customs form.

DipBooi

Jun 15, 2020
    Sorry to hear bro...

Cheers
    I
    Thanks for the offer!

Between South Africa's administrative inefficacy and the unreasonable passion with which government tries to enforce its more arbitrary rules, im not sure if shipping nicotine would be entirely safe or if id end up being hanged.

Either way, I managed to find a not too seedy seller of juice, nic included. Actually a pretty respectable brand.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Ezekiel Moerdyk

Jul 7, 2020
    Thanks for the offer!

Between South Africa's administrative inefficacy and the unreasonable passion with which government tries to enforce its more arbitrary rules, im not sure if shipping nicotine would be entirely safe or if id end up being hanged.

Either way, I managed to find a not too seedy seller of juice, nic included. Actually a pretty respectable brand.

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Hey DipBooi, I'm hijacking this thread a bit to ask you whether you managed with the not-too-seedy seller? I'm stuck in the exact same conundrum, and wondering if your seller worked out? Any issues with importing?

Ezekiel Moerdyk

Jul 7, 2020
    I did, yes. Didnt import though, I found someone within driving distance (I stay in Cape Town). Happy to send you a contact number if youre in or around CT :)

Thanks, but I'm PTA based. But I'd appreciate it in any case - maybe I can convince them to courier.
    I've never joined ECF before, so let me post a recipe or two later tonight so that I can PM you.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread