Extremely simple yet 100% peak performance cartridge mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Sho

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Toronto, ON, Canada
hi guys this is my take on a cartridge mod... i know that the highping is really similar but i do it a slight different and works personally a bit better imo. i'm not trying to put any mod beneat mine.. but give it a try and you'll be surprised! :)...
ok so i made a youtube video for this and here is the link (sorry this was my first youtube vid ever made so the sound is not too so put on some headphones):

‪510 cartridge mod‬‏ - YouTube

the only thing different that i do is that i put a cut piece of straw underneath the polyfill cut like a triangle so nothing gets lef behind.. and since its a drinking straw it doesn't take much space at all...
the only reason imo that this works out better is that you can properly push the polyfill in the cartridge and it'll have something to push against (straw) so it doesn't get inside the cartridge too much to a point where the polyfill is not touching the bridge. also it uses all the juice and leaves an almost fully dry polyfill behind...what i mean is that obviously there's some juice left but in the amount that you can't see or use, so in other words dry.
any ways i just wanted to point out that i just saw the highping thread today and i don' mean to copy anybody and i came up with this mod by myself.
if you guys still have any questions or comments post here or pm me and i will do my best to help ya out.
this is an extremely easy mod and a 100% effective one at that... anybody should be able to do it.
thanks again for looking :)
and oh let me know if you think i can make this any better than it already is... any tweaks of some sort :)

4Sho

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Toronto, ON, Canada
any thoughts? positive or negative... i wouldn't mind any since there has been close to 300 views and 0 comments...so I'm not sure how many people like this... also to add i saw later that somebody had already posted the same tutorial but without vid. i did not see that... also i made the vid..
so let know your thoughts guys... how did you guys like the vid or the way i explained it .... let me know any changes or such i need to make.

Xenetic

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
MS USA
www.tupelovaporshop.com
I have seen this done before. I preferred different method back when I used carts. I would cut off a piece of a paper clip about a millimeter longer than the opening of the cart and wedge it in the cart horizontally to hold the plug from going down inside the cart. I tried to take up as little space as possible, more room meant more juice. I used the blue foam instead of poly fill.

4Sho

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Toronto, ON, Canada
I have seen this done before. I preferred different method back when I used carts. I would cut off a piece of a paper clip about a millimeter longer than the opening of the cart and wedge it in the cart horizontally to hold the plug from going down inside the cart. I tried to take up as little space as possible, more room meant more juice. I used the blue foam instead of poly fill.

huh very interesting... but did you not run out of juice fast? since you were using blue foam which doesn't hold the juice very well IMO...???
i find that a small amount of poly fill holds the juice better because it actually acts as a plug since it absorbs the liquid, instead of having bigger holes in the blue foam and also lacking the ability to absorb much.
well at least when i tried the blue foam even the whole cart filled with blue foam didn't hold the juice well at all, hence flooding my atty. thats why i don't like blue foam much
JMHO.

Last edited:

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
This mod has been around for a long time in many variations. I liked the straw mod but then I started dripping and realized just how horrible carts are.... and they are the extremely, should be removed from the face of the earth kind of horrible. Then again that's my opinion. Thanks for the instructional though, sure it'll help the newer guys and that's what this forum is all about.

4Sho

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Toronto, ON, Canada
This mod has been around for a long time in many variations. I liked the straw mod but then I started dripping and realized just how horrible carts are.... and they are the extremely, should be removed from the face of the earth kind of horrible. Then again that's my opinion. Thanks for the instructional though, sure it'll help the newer guys and that's what this forum is all about.

thanx for ur reply bro... umm this is just a mod until i get some ce2's and tanks and what not... i know that dd is far better.. but the only thing that keeps me driving away from them is you gotta drip in them very often... i mean for that reason i'd be willing to get a bottom feeder but then again i bought a provari.. couldn't be happier since its a vv... so i don't want just a 3.7v or 5v or 6v mods not having the vv part in them.... thats why i gotta do this until my order arrives... also because i know a lotta newbies like myself have these carts lying around... so i was like why not..
on the other hand the straw mods that i've seen were a little different, for e.g the blue foam dart mod.. pretty cool should work in theory but the holes in the foam are too big to have any sort of a stopper property to them imo... any ways thanks again ...:)

Wow, what a great mod! I just got back into vaping, picked up another 510 kit with all the necessary crap that goes with it (extra batteries, charging cases, more carts, extra atomizers, etc.).

I never tried modified my cartridges before, other than using the siphon trick to fill them. Honestly I didn't have any interest in modifying these things, but like everyone else I found that the polyfill dries out too quickly. This is a neat mod, I'm going hard on the one cartridge I modified and it's not letting up. Thank you!

I'll mod the other 12 cartridges later :) Plus the extra polyfill will allow me to use the blank cartridges that came with the extra atomizers. Double-win!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I do the blue foam. But I need to put up yet another variation on this mod - with pictures - because I had to use a different foam. The typical Marineland "Rite Size U" material most commonly suggested was never in stock at my local PetSmart. I figured "how different could this stuff possibly be?" and picked up this Marineland "cut to fit any size filter" generic pad - it's not a sleeve. It's a huge flat pad of material. It's still blue. And it's the only Marineland filter in a mostly clear plastic bag so you can see what it actually looks like.

It's been working great but it seemed to me all the mods involving straws, rolling the stuff up into a small end plug etc. were too complicated for too little gain. I just cut the stuff, ram it in the cartridge, and I'm good to go. I get between 2 to 3 hours to a fill. Once it's been compressed inside the cart for a few days I just pull the "formed" plug out, drip the liquid directly into the 510 cart (between 2/3 and 3/4 full), and just slowly reinsert the foam as it sucks up the liquid. Much simpler. And much less fussing than with polyfill.

But no matter how you cut it :p blue foam is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread