Faded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I've been vaping my DIY Irish Orange Cream after letting it steep for 5 days and it was awesome until today.

It tastes like the Orange Cream (TFA) is starting to overpower the rest of the mix, I can't even taste a hint of the Irish Cream (TFA).

Question is which one should I adjust? Should I raise the Irish Cream, or lower the Orange Cream in the recipe? Anyone out there use these flavors that could give any advice?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've been vaping my DIY Irish Orange Cream after letting it steep for 5 days and it was awesome until today.

It tastes like the Orange Cream (TFA) is starting to overpower the rest of the mix, I can't even taste a hint of the Irish Cream (TFA).

Question is which one should I adjust? Should I raise the Irish Cream, or lower the Orange Cream in the recipe? Anyone out there use these flavors that could give any advice?
Put it up for 2 more weeks and taste again before tweaking. Most oranges need a settling in steep. FA mandarin and FA orange are best suited for snv imo. FA fresh cream and FA vienna cream are good to replace the cream notes and work in a snv nicely.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Question is which one should I adjust? Should I raise the Irish Cream, or lower the Orange Cream in the recipe?
Orange concentrates can be slower bloomers than many of their fellow fruit concentrates. I am in full agreement with @Letitia; to let it continue aging for at least two more weeks.:thumbs:

Then; if you still need to adjust, I would lower the Orange Cream, vs. raising the Irish Cream. I have found in my own mixing, that I am most often best-served, by lowering the over-dominating flavor(s), rather than trying to raise the too-weak ones. This is not always the case, but it is more often, than not.;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You are getting good advice. I'm not much one for citruses although I am learning how to use them a bit. Citrus itself may show up early in the steeping process, but citruses DO also fade, so I would steep a bit longer before adjusting your mix. You may find the proportions have evened out just by allowing it to steep.

I have found (for the most part) that lowering a "too dominant" flavor is easier than raising the one you can't taste. Not 100% the time, but certainly some of the time.

You may want to try and "fix" the mix if it winds up "failed" and at that point I might add more Irish cream to the tester to see what happens. You may only need a few drops. If that winds up NOT being the case, well, do another tester and amend your ratios a bit.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Edwin Betz

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I also vote neither. I steep/age all my mixes 1 month or more, (often more).Suggest you taste the mixture again after a month. If you get mix you want, problem solved. If not, you have other problems here (multiple causes):
The mix is a SnV and can only be enjoyed for a short time.
The mix needs less or more of one flavor than the other.
The mix needs something else
The mix needs different vendors brand mix(one blender's orange or cream or both) .
Find a different recipe for the mix.
Could be you, taste buds changed because of health etc...., store it for a few days and try tasting again.
There are others too, but probably less likely.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread