Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I like to use an airflow controller as a 510 connector protector. I do not use it for airflow control.

afc.jpg

Am getting ready to make a fasttech.com order but to my surprise I cannot find these on the site.
I have tried searching using airflow / airflow / controller / control
Has anybody seen these at ft? If so, please provide the link.
I know I can find them at multiple other sites but was hoping to save on shipping since I am in no rush.
Or is there something else available at ft that serves the same purpose - protect 510 threading?
Thanks.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for the info about a heat sink - I had never heard of them.
I think one of these would serve as a thread protector and looks rather sporty.
The major difference I see is that these heat sinks seem to all be 12+ mm high while the airflow controllers I have add only 7 mm high. There also seem to be some issues with connectivity and pin adjustment or missing center pin.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I like to use an airflow controller as a 510 connector protector. I do not use it for airflow control.

View attachment 491487

Am getting ready to make a fasttech.com order but to my surprise I cannot find these on the site.
I have tried searching using airflow / airflow / controller / control
Has anybody seen these at ft? If so, please provide the link.
I know I can find them at multiple other sites but was hoping to save on shipping since I am in no rush.
Or is there something else available at ft that serves the same purpose - protect 510 threading?
Thanks.

The only place I've seen that particular one is at LiteCigUSA.com.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
The only place I've seen that particular one is at LiteCigUSA.com.
Thanks Oregon Linda:
madvapes.com / myfreedomsmokes.com / kidneypuncher.com and several other sites carry the airflow controller at varying prices.
This was something that I thought fasttech would have for sure - but not that I can find.

This is what I use as a thread protector for ego thread tanks. The wide base provides a stable connection. This is also what several of the mod manufacturers provide for ego connection.
ad1.jpg

So the heat sink is an option I might try. Other suggestions for 510 thread protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread