• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
:laugh: ...who are we to ask :rolleyes:

Who knows - the Lib Dems made a point of mentioning us not allowing US access to any part of our NHS contracts.
There was no denial in the reply ...very non-committal, but then, it's not appropriate for them to openly discuss the terms of any trade deals at this stage.

Is there any valid reason why though ...or do we not want any part of the NHS contracted out to any non British company? ....or none of it at all contracted out?

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I got concentrates too :) - some different ones I haven't had before.

Dripworx: Strawberry Custard Cream, Steep Treats, Double Dunk
Divine: Champagne Strawberry Jello
vape Train: Forest Mixed Berries
Flavour Farm: Strawberry Doughnut
Fantasy: Blackcurrant.
BoOom: Raspberry Custard

A few are ones I intend to mix with cream/custard or pie crust/cumble. (I don't tend to mix things together in one bottle, but make stand-alone bottles, and mix others in as needed).

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You've had the ready mix of that one :)
Have I? ....I really don't remember! ...and yet now, when I search the computer, I have a password for their site dated 2016! (I hope I liked it seeing I don't remember!)

I have some English Trifle to make ....must do that next!
I like the MFIC but the cinnamon irritates after a while.

I see Zapp have some new PotShots in the Chefs Range. I tried a few when there were only a smaller number of them.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I bought a number of liquids in 2016 that I forgot about. Didn't start properly recovering from being ill until late last year - had a ruthless clear-out a couple of months ago, so probably threw it out.

Despite them asking me to go to this or that clinic to keep an eye on me :rolleyes:, I'm resisting doctors as much as I can, and feel better for it! Their very presence makes me imagine I'm 'ill'.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I bought a number of liquids in 2016 that I forgot about. Didn't start properly recovering from being ill until late last year - had a ruthless clear-out a couple of months ago, so probably threw it out.

Despite them asking me to go to this or that clinic to keep an eye on me :rolleyes:, I'm resisting doctors as much as I can, and feel better for it! Their very presence makes me imagine I'm 'ill'.

I found the Steep Treats a bit cinnamon heavy Trish,more so than MFIC.

I deal a fair bit with Doctors(because of my mother).They do my head in.
They seem very different from the doctors of yesteryear,they just seem to pill push now.
And i think they have created the over use and problems regarding anti-biotics.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I found the Steep Treats a bit cinnamon heavy Trish,more so than MFIC.
Ah! I do wish they'd name cinnamon when it's in a recipe. There's a lot of people don't like it. I can use small amounts of MFIC, but not as an all day. Looks like the Dripworx one will be a non-starter!
I know Chefs have a new Rice Pudding one in the pipeline, but it has cinnamon and nutmeg (at least they've mentioned it in that one) - I like nutmeg as that's how my mum made it, but not cinnamon.
Talking of which, Chefs also have a new collaboration range of 28 coming in March. May be some interesting ones.

I deal a fair bit with Doctors(because of my mother).They do my head in.
They seem very different from the doctors of yesteryear,they just seem to pill push now.
And i think they have created the over use and problems regarding anti-biotics.
We have a really nice practice we're with now- moved there just a couple of months before I was ill luckily, but she has a full compliment of nurse practitioners who do clinics ...no way do I want roping into those.
I've always had a bit of allergic asthma since we moved here 25 years ago, but since I was ill, it's got a lot worse, and they term it as just asthma. If I'm very careful with not inhaling, I'm not too bad - but I haven't mentioned that aspect to them! I got a number of auto-immune conditions along with colitis, so it could be related I think.
Doctor tried me on a steroid preventer inhaler ...two types on fact, and both give me the severe side effects I got when on steroids in the early days of colitis. Too painful, uncomfortable, and deprived me of sleep - so I've binned them and stayed with Ventolin. I'm very sensitive to drugs, so a good thing the ones to keep colitis under control mostly agree with me! My doctor is considerate and respectful of any reluctance or reactions to taking drugs, so I find her good in that way. The good doctors are always so busy though!
I'm not allowed antibiotics or anti inflammatory drugs unfortunately (triggers colitis apparently), so I'm extra careful, and can only use paracetamol & codeine for joint pain.

I agree on the pill-pushing though - we had a lot of that at the last practice we were with, while the doctor missed something far more serious with my husband. That's when I decided to find another. Good thing they have a scoring system now, as it makes a good one easier to find.

Hope your mother is getting good treatment, and better for it.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Hope your mother is getting good treatment, and better for it.

Sadly,i don't think she is.
Yet talking to the nurses that visit they advise not to make a change,better the devil you know,type thing.

But she's not doing bad for her 97 years.
One ventricle of her heart is "lazy",so Warfarin has been prescribed,and taking that opens a whole can of worms.
Side effects are bad and the medicine she could have for other problems,counteracts the Warfarin.So that's a no no.

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sadly,i don't think she is.
Yet talking to the nurses that visit they advise not to make a change,better the devil you know,type thing.

But she's not doing bad for her 97 years.
One ventricle of her heart is "lazy",so Warfarin has been prescribed,and taking that opens a whole can of worms.
Side effects are bad and the medicine she could have for other problems,counteracts the Warfarin.So that's a no no.
97 is a terrific age. 11 years longer than my dad, and he was a very fit and capable chap ...had a stroke. He'd have been 100 last month.
So awful when a drug causes side effects though. We know a lady who went to the same practice we used to go to, and she had/has back trouble. She ended up taking a large number of tablets daily, and half of them were to counter side effects of the others!
She had an 11 hour surgery on her back late last year, so hopefully, once she improves, she'll be taking less drugs.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
What you get Tel?
I got Mexican fried ice cream and English trifle yesterday.Mixed 100ml of each on arrival.
Nothing new to try George - Lews Brew, Ry ....., Solimero, Spotted Dick & Custard. I did make up 100ml of Clair`s Ambrosia Though - Smells bloody good that one :) I`ve got 4 or 5 new ones to try now, Berry Blast, Blue Lush, Clair`s, Pry 4, Apple Pie & Irish Cream Custard...

Just down to my last couple of ml of Lemon Drizzle Cake so prob Tomorrow will try the Blue Lush, smells VERY sweet that one :)

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Nothing new to try George

Need to get some RY ..... - down to the last 40ml of mixed juice.
I'm really enjoying the Solimero -on your recommendation :thumb:
And like yourself,Blue Lush is ready waiting on a tank,along with Atom berry.

Claire's is ok but i prefer other custards.My favorite being SCV - Callicustard.

Reactions: terry w
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread