• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sadly,i don't think she is.
Yet talking to the nurses that visit they advise not to make a change,better the devil you know,type thing
I thought I remembered an alternative for Warfarin being trialled a few years back, but see it was also found to cause a number of side effects ...so probably right - better the devil you know (unfortunately).

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I thought I remembered an alternative for Warfarin being trialled a few years back, but see it was also found to cause a number of side effects ...so probably right - better the devil you know (unfortunately).

I think the main trouble with the alternative is the difficulty in reversing it's effects.
With one blood test my mothers INR was high,over safe.I don't know what it contained, but a doctor called,with a syringe full of a green liquid. It helped bring the INR to a safe level.
With the alternative i don't think it is so easy.Also,i was told you can stop Warfarin at any time,with the other you can't.

• Agree
Reactions: Banger696

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I think the main trouble with the alternative is the difficulty in reversing it's effects.
With one blood test my mothers INR was high,over safe.I don't know what it contained, but a doctor called,with a syringe full of a green liquid. It helped bring the INR to a safe level.
With the alternative i don't think it is so easy.Also,i was told you can stop Warfarin at any time,with the other you can't.
Drugs may be brilliant, even life saving, but they can be an absolute nightmare.
I think the substance to reverse the INR may have been K1 or a prothrombin.

Thankfully, our current doctor doesn't push things like statins and beta blockers in the way our last one did. They had BP and weight taken at every visit, and seemed more interested in pushing those pills that dealing with what you'd actually gone there for. Turned out to be some sort of NHS incentive scheme to keep a database of peoples health and weight/height etc. We always felt as though we ailed something even when we didn't!
My current doctor has only taken my BP once, and that was when I was getting out of breath more frequently.

Hope your mother stays as well as possible.

• Love
Reactions: Brynglas

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Reactions: Pictor

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

It was,now you mention it Trish.I think that's found a lot in green veg,my mother has been told not to eat these as they have an adverse effect on the medication.

Hope your mother stays as well as possible.

heartshaped-clipart-love-symbol-18.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I haven`t Trish no, but i reckon i`ll get some on my next order :) I used to like a nice lemon meringue pie ! Just put in wishlist - you tried it yourself ?
Don't know if you've seen it, but Chefs still have some Lemonese Whirl on offer at £5 Chefs Super Duper Deal! - Chefs Flavours Ltd

It was,now you mention it Trish. I think that's found a lot in green veg,my mother has been told not to eat these as they have an adverse effect on the medication.
View attachment 718955
Yes, green vegetables, and in smaller amounts in some protein foods:
Vitamin K: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
:)

Reactions: Brynglas

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
tank cleaned and filled with Atom Berry. I went with that as it`s had a longer steep than my Blue Lush. Will report back later when i have a blast, Initially i found the Grapefruit smell prominent, it seems to have changed to Tangerine now :D

EDIT : Here goes :)

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Tank cleaned and filled with Atom Berry. I went with that as it`s had a longer steep than my Blue Lush. Will report back later when i have a blast, Initially i found the Grapefruit smell prominent, it seems to have changed to Tangerine now :D

EDIT : Here goes :)
Is it a good sign that we haven't heard back? :laugh:
Vapemail -
Concentrates from justaddnic....Brasberry mint and Dis Won.
I've never had anything from them - are they good?

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Is it a good sign that we haven't heard back? :laugh:
It really is very nice Trish, i thought i would give it a couple of day`s before posting to give a true review. Very fruity indeed but can`t pick out anything dominant really. To me if i had to say what is prominent, well Tangerine would be the one. It reminds me of a sample what Ian sent me ages ago, but can`t remember name/brand etc :laugh:

Well worth a try if you like fruity vapes though :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It really is very nice Trish, i thought i would give it a couple of day`s before posting to give a true review. Very fruity indeed but can`t pick out anything dominant really. To me if i had to say what is prominent, well Tangerine would be the one. It reminds me of a sample what Ian sent me ages ago, but can`t remember name/brand etc :laugh:

Well worth a try if you like fruity vapes though :)
I'm not that successful with fruit ones - start off OK, then get really fed up of them :laugh: I like them added to cream or custard though (PMP with custard was an example). The grapefruit aspect of Atom interested me though.
I remember that fruit one Ian used to send you - I know he liked the Nicoticket F5 Refresh, but didn't he also do a version of Jungle Juice or Beetlejuice?

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I'm not that successful with fruit ones - start off OK, then get really fed up of them :laugh: I like them added to cream or custard though (PMP with custard was an example). The grapefruit aspect of Atom interested me though.
I remember that fruit one Ian used to send you - I know he liked the Nicoticket F5 Refresh, but didn't he also do a version of Jungle Juice or Beetlejuice?

Yes i think it was a nicoticket one, but not F5, was called sommat else. He did make a version of it called Terry`s jungle juice and that`s what the Atom tastes like to me :)

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Yeah i get that George, tastes more like a Tangerine to me :laugh: Do you like it overall though ?

Yes. As fruit juices go it is one of the better ones i've had. No artificial taste as with so many others.
But i think i may tire of it quickly.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread