• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
Yes it was just the rack that was damaged. But an ipad charging cable I ordered also doesn't work correctly, it connects and starts to charge but stops charging within minutes. That seperate leads I've had like that from 2 different sources. I've already opened a ticket with FT so hopefully get sorted quickly.
The 510 connectors look ok but are very fragile when soldering a wire on them, I've ruined 1 so need another. Need a new soldering iron and need to do a bit more practice.
The cloupor is brilliant, lids sits nice and tight and I've done the 15 second test about 10 times,1 after the other without a problem.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I see they do the skins for the Cloupor mini now Bob.
Only trouble...they're made of silicon and not asbestos:evil: :laugh:

Nowt wrong with the Cloupor Mini and to be honest, not sure I like skins, if you get a leak from an atty, the juice tends to get between the skin and the mod and cause more problems than they are worth

Haven't checked that they are available, but Cronus, Astro & Nemesis in that order would be my suggestion for tube style.
You need to check out about battery safety and ohms law though if you are not familiar with Mech mods.

Thank you for the suggestions and i promise to continue my battery safety knowledge and dont worry i got an A+ in physics (ohms law)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Yes. I was using cartridges, but they were ones like Vanilla, Coffee, Menthol, and one that was a bit like an RY. (The coffee done by Greensmoke was a really nice one!). I was wary of using anything that could taste or smell like cigarettes!

I did try a tobacco vape at the very beginning. Went through about 1ml, hated the taste of it, went back to the shop and bought some blackcurrant juice. After that it was all systems go :laugh:

Yeah I've had a look through there before. Got a gvc clone steeping away but when I've tried it it's been a bit heavy on the dulce.

Only problem is most recipes there need 4 or more concentrates so you could end up buying loads.

The recipes seem to be a good starting point Adam. I generally look at the recipes, make a note of the flavourings used and then adjust the percentages to my own taste. There's still a bit of trial and error involved, but having a basic starting point does make a big difference.

I know you don't like them but the occ coils are amazing.Can vape 80 %vg no problem and no dry hits.Once they get gunked up you can rewick them

I'm still happy with the OCC coil I'm running in my Subtank Marcus. As soon as I run out of Goose Juice, I'll have a try with the RBA section. But GJ still tastes superb with the OCC coil.

Vapemail for me too;

Chefs ready made juices, and the DIY kit. I think the kit is a cracking deal, as well as the liquids there must be 10 different sized syriges, gloves and 10 ml dropper bottles :toast:

Did you get a white lab coat too mate, you've got to look the part when you start mixing :laugh:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Nowt wrong with the Cloupor Mini and to be honest, not sure I like skins, if you get a leak from an atty, the juice tends to get between the skin and the mod and cause more problems than they are worth

Yes and you can't get the battery out in a hurry....if you know where i'm at :laugh:

Joking aside.
They've got them in the sale at Gearbest at the moment...£19,i'm tempted.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Thank you for the suggestions and i promise to continue my battery safety knowledge and dont worry i got an A+ in physics (ohms law)

I agree with Bob. The Astro is a great mod, telescopic so all sizes of batteries can be used in it. Has a really light firing button, plus the locking ring is machined so it's really easy to use. The Nemesis is one mod, that every vaper should have at some point - multiple coloured tube options and easy to operate.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Yes definitely read up on ohms law and battery safety. I'd you're struggling I'll find you some good links.

As for mechs I have a stingray x from fasttech and it's great. Nemesis is also good and reliable but I prefer my stingray x.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Yes and you can't get the battery out in a hurry....if you know where i'm at :laugh:

Joking aside.
They've got them in the sale at Gearbest at the moment...£19,i'm tempted.

Just waiting for them to ship my Black one to go with the Silver one I already have, actually worked out at just over £20, the $ to £ is s h i t at the moment, also got a pre-order in for the IPV4

Last edited:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Just waiting for them to ship my Black one to go with the Silver one I already have, actually worked out at just over £20, the $ to £ is .... at the moment, also got a pre-order in for the IPV4

Got some OK deals at the moment Bob.
50W istick £29.
Judging by others around the forums,usually about 10 days delivery time.

fishj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
lawrenceville, Illinois
My third order from Fasttech never arrived, and I swore I'd never order from them again. I find myself in need for cheap drip tips,so...Now, what is the best thing to do about shipping. I am in no hurry, but I've read somewhere that you can pay a dollar and it will arrive more quickly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
My third order from Fasttech never arrived, and I swore I'd never order from them again. I find myself in need for cheap drip tips,so...Now, what is the best thing to do about shipping. I am in no hurry, but I've read somewhere that you can pay a dollar and it will arrive more quickly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Did you open a ticket with them over the missing order ?? They usually take a long time to refund over missing stuff, but they always seem to sort it out in the end. Sorry, I've not used any of the expediated shipping methods so can't really comment on them. Plus, the postage options for us in the UK tend to be different to the options available in the US. Not much help I know :laugh:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

This side of the pond China Post or Hong Kong Post is better than Singapore Post but YMMV

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I see they do the skins for the Cloupor mini now Bob.
Only trouble...they're made of silicon and not asbestos:evil: :laugh:
Mine is 'cool' :2cool:

Finally able to try dragonscape today and .......n it's a mighty fine juice.Tastes like an expensive cocoa rich chocolate, with fresh coffee and a hint of something creamy.Stunning,one I'll defo be buying again and again, truly exquisite.Thats dragonscape and powwow sauce straight into my top 3 juices.Just need a good fruity juice now then I'm sorted for life
It's terrific isn't it! Really different from anything I've had before - the layers of flavours are very clever. I do wish the Paramour and Sacre Coeur came in 70% VG too - need to be rather brilliant to equal the Dragonscape, but I'd give them a try.
I have perhaps 1ml left in my first bottle but another three sat beside it!

Yes it was just the rack that was damaged. But an ipad charging cable I ordered also doesn't work correctly, it connects and starts to charge but stops charging within minutes. That seperate leads I've had like that from 2 different sources. I've already opened a ticket with FT so hopefully get sorted quickly.
The 510 connectors look ok but are very fragile when soldering a wire on them, I've ruined 1 so need another. Need a new soldering iron and need to do a bit more practice.
The cloupor is brilliant, lids sits nice and tight and I've done the 15 second test about 10 times,1 after the other without a problem.
I think the Cloupor is a nice solid little thing. I tend to favour the iSticks over any others though.
You can get a soldering iron from FT! :laugh:

I did try a tobacco vape at the very beginning. Went through about 1ml, hated the taste of it, went back to the shop and bought some blackcurrant juice. After that it was all systems go :laugh:
Funny how the majority tend to stay away from tobacco tastes (or as near as they get) - tells me we didn't actually love the taste of cigarettes, just the effect and process of smoking! No wonder e-cigs works so well ...shame no-one developed them sooner.

Did you get a white lab coat too mate, you've got to look the part when you start mixing :laugh:
I can recall us speculating on you doing a jig around the mixing table in a kilt last August/September!

Yep, got some goggles, and a charlie chuck wig as well mate. :laugh:
Very chic! :facepalm: :D

Pictures please in full costume :laugh:
Yes, I'm wanting to see the 'maestro' at work! :pop:

Jeez George, I'll be having nightmares now :laugh:
If he uses anything made in that set-up, 'tis him that'll be having the nightmares! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread