• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, but there's SO many sections on this board it's hard to find a specific spot for every thing so I'm here because I am pretty knew. Anyways, I bought about 10 drip tips and an MVP 2 kit off fasttech today and I'm just wanting to make sure I didn't make a stupid mistake since it's from China and apparently I found out a lot of their stuff is unauthentic. I did find it odd that almost every drip tip on their site is about $2.50 compared to vendors in the USA being almost $15 for some (the white teflon wide bore drip tips). I paid $45 and change for the MVP 2 kit and about $18 in drip tips which got me almost 10 of them.

Am I going to get a fake MVP 2 and a bunch of peices of crap from them or is it authentic? I've read a lot of stuff saying that their mods are entirely authentic apart from their mechanical clones, but I'm not positive and the biggest red flag was the drip tips price. I mean, it's only like $58 total, but still it'd be nice to know if I should be expecting a package full of Chinese made knock-off trash.

I should have made this topic before I ordered, but I've wanted the MVP 2 for awhile now and $45 compared to almost $70 elsewhere was just too good of a deal to me.

Anyone have experience with fasttech? Crossing my fingers for good feed back...:oops:

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I have purchased two SVD's, iTaste VTR, Vamo V5, several other mods & mechs. They all were exactly what I expected. They do carry "knock offs" but they will not list then as authentic. Just do your research before you place your order. I think you will be very happy with your drip tips. I have gotten a couple of drip tips that didn't fit just right, but most of them work great. Relax, you will love your new MVP 2.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
Im curious myself actually, wondering how the fasttech svd clone compares, considering.on for a backup/work unit

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I wasn't aware they had a clone for the SVD. The ones that I have bought from them have been authentic. I have been very happy with mine.

Art02

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Manassas, VA
Oh, that's a relief then! The MVP 2 I got says "Authentic Innokin iTaste MVP" so I imagine it'll be just fine!

I got the MVP 2 from them and it is great. And Kanger tanks. And coils. And additional twist chargers and other really cheap stuff. I also got 2 Vamo V5's and they are nice. The prices are great. Who would copy something that cost $30?

It does take forever to get here. But it always takes forever from them. It is a fact. But when it gets here, you will be really happy.

As an aside, I got the MVP because of the battery size. But it is still a rechargeable throw away in my mind. Just a fancy one. I like the tubes and the rechargeable batteries. It makes more sense to me environmentally and economically. The batteries are cheap to replace.

I got 2x800 mAhr and 2x2000 mAhr for $25 and a Nitecore Intellicharger I4 for $20 and a Vamo tube for $32. And more 800 mAhr (18350's) coming (maybe 4) and I got another Vamo too. I am in good shape now. I lend stuff out to friends. Just my 2 cents.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Who would copy something that cost $30?

:D

Everything gets copied over there--from cartomizers, clearomizers, batteries all the way to Caravela mods and Kayfun atties.

Nobody really knows how it works--I suspect that many Chiinese non-brand clones are made in the same factories where the originals are made...

Copyright is not a big deal in China. ;)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Im curious myself actually, wondering how the fasttech svd clone compares, considering.on for a backup/work unit

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

1370201-23.jpg

This one they have listed as : iTaste SVD Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APVtelescopic / VV / VW

1525701-16.jpg

This one they have listed as : Authentic Innokin iTaste SVD Telescopic Variable Volt/Watt APV

both listed with the same price.
Only the second one has iTaste on the box, and on the device.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Thanks every one! I'm not in a big hurry honestly. I have a few other mods that I'm using right now, I just wanted the MVP 2 to bring to work with me as it can fit in my shirt pocket rather than the tube looking mods popping out of my jean pocket. The drip tips were just such a good deal I couldn't pass it down. Even if they aren't the best quality or they have a tight/loose fit, $18 for about 8 drip tips isn't something I can complain about! Even if only 2-3 are good.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'll bet you that they both came from the same assembly line.

Sorry, if they are the same price, they must both be Innokin. Are they both listed as genuine Innokin?

When in doubt, send them an email--they are pretty good at responding. Give them at least 24 hours.

As I captioned: the 2nd one has iTaste on the box and on the metal. The 1st one does not.
Also, another description of the 1st one (in the dropdown menu) says: "iTaste SVD Battery Compartment, Silver"
and the description of the 2nd one in the dropdown menu says: "iTaste SVD Mod, Stainless Steel"

1st one
$37.21 iTaste SVD Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV - telescopic / VV / VW at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
2nd one
$37.21 Authentic Innokin iTaste SVD Telescopic Variable Volt/Watt APV at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also the descriptions on the lower right:

• iTaste SVD Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV
iTaste SVD Battery Compartment, Silver: $37.21
[snip]
• Authentic Innokin iTaste SVD Telescopic Variable Volt/Watt APV
iTaste SVD Mod, Stainless Steel: $37.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread