Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hey guys,

I had a few questions and hoped to get some help with this.

Would it be possible to take out the catch cup of a woodvil including the 510 to replace it with a fat daddy 510 connection? Probably already an issue in regards to shape of the wood itself but maybe it could be done.

Thanks guys

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
I have 2 fat daddy 510 connectors and have measured them but sadly as you can see from the picture the fat daddy is slightly too wide for the woodvil (18650 in the picture).
You can put it on but it would extend beyond the door of the woodvil. The other issue is the depth of the fat daddy it's quite short and the woodvil's 510 connector is much longer
I would hate to chop up any of my woodvils to try this, so I'm just making my own version of a woodvil for me with a 23mm recessed 510. I'll post pictures when I'm done but it will be some time

Untitled by CptSteve, on Flickr

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Is there a bottom fed fat daddy ??

Or need that be modified as well?

Yarp... Fatdaddy got you covered...
fde.jpg

Cheers
I

ETA: Sorry for image quality: resize being a bell end.

Attachments

• fde.jpg
    fde.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Is there a bottom fed fat daddy ??

Or need that be modified as well?

They sell BF pins for their v3. If you buy them get spares though, b/c soldering the positive on a BF version without melting the delrin insulator may take a few goes. The instruction video only shows non-BF where the positive wire goes up through the pin, BF version it needs to go on the side

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
See that's why reo folks are the craziest once. I thought my idea was stupid and a few hrs later someone is already way ahead of me on this lol. Sucks that you run into those issues. Would look extremely extremely sexy without the catch cup and the flat sexy daddy.

Thanks for sharing Steve

I have 2 fat daddy 510 connectors and have measured them but sadly as you can see from the picture the fat daddy is slightly too wide for the woodvil (18650 in the picture).
You can put it on but it would extend beyond the door of the woodvil. The other issue is the depth of the fat daddy it's quite short and the woodvil's 510 connector is much longer
I would hate to chop up any of my woodvils to try this, so I'm just making my own version of a woodvil for me with a 23mm recessed 510. I'll post pictures when I'm done but it will be some time

Untitled by CptSteve, on Flickr

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Our master has spoken!!! Take my money robbel! I buy 1 put me on a list lol

If one was smart they would wait until I come out with the new 510 connections . I can assure you it will look and work better then that monstrosity . That will not look good on a woodvil

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
HOw about on a regular Grand, would it fit?
It would fall through the hole on a woodvil .
I am on the final stages of my prints for the new 510 connections for the grands . Adjustable unbreakable I wouldn't even be looking at other options . These will go into production in about 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread