Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Just stumbled across this one:

FDAReview.org, a project of The Independent Institute

Drawing on this body of research, we evaluate the costs and benefits of FDA policy. We also present a detailed history of the FDA, a review of the major plans for FDA reform, a glossary of terms, a collection of quotes from economists who have studied the FDA, and a reference section with many webbed links. A more detailed table of contents follows. We are happy to receive comments and criticisms.

This page on the site is particularly enlightening (and maddening).
http://www.fdareview.org/devices.shtml

Last edited:

Backslash

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
www.nws.noaa.gov
It upsets me to see federal agencies institute failed policy and make mistakes at a mile a minute. It makes people lose faith in the federal government as a whole, even with completely unaffiliated agencies. I take pride in my work, and I think that I and the other people I work with care and do a job to the best of their abilities, while trying to wisely spend your tax dollars... but it is somewhat of a rarity, I'm finding.

I think the whole ecig is awesome but once modded or used on a mod we become "Hobbists" tinkering with "projects" of the "Personal herbal atomizer replacement of suppliments" or pharos for short.:D

Boom FDA off our backs, they do not regulate the hobby industry, nor do they regulate the herbal suppliment industry. Let njoy and suckseverywhere shoot themselves in the foot, we adjust the products and results ourselves.

rickylford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
It upsets me to see federal agencies institute failed policy and make mistakes at a mile a minute. It makes people lose faith in the federal government as a whole, even with completely unaffiliated agencies. I take pride in my work, and I think that I and the other people I work with care and do a job to the best of their abilities, while trying to wisely spend your tax dollars... but it is somewhat of a rarity, I'm finding.
Our beloved country of the United States is never going to get government right. They waste money...pass asinine bills...try and ban ridiculous things...limit WAY too much... I despise this country's government. If I had deeper pockets and more numbers in my bank account, you can bet damn sure I'd move somewhere else.

Our beloved country of the United States is never going to get government right. They waste money...pass asinine bills...try and ban ridiculous things...limit WAY too much... I despise this country's government. If I had deeper pockets and more numbers in my bank account, you can bet damn sure I'd move somewhere else.

I Second that & will succeed to doing that as soon as Possible.
Already have it planned out.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Just stumbled across this one:

Drawing on this body of research, we evaluate the costs and benefits of FDA policy. We also present a detailed history of the FDA, a review of the major plans for FDA reform, a glossary of terms, a collection of quotes from economists who have studied the FDA, and a reference section with many webbed links. A more detailed table of contents follows. We are happy to receive comments and criticisms.

This page on the site is particularly enlightening (and maddening).

Should we contact them?

rickylford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
I Second that & will succeed to doing that as soon as Possible.
Already have it planned out.
So where's your destination? I'm looking more towards Canada. Not because I think their government is superior, but because Canada just seems to be overall happier than everyone else. Their government must be doing something right, eh? (I haven't really looked into their government much, so if that statement was out of ignorance, I apologize haha)

Rin

Jul 27, 2010
MS, USA
Interesting links. Although makes me worry. Then can seem unstoppable sometimes.

Politics :( And I honestly think if they really wanted to be, they probably could be unstoppable. Any really serious issues with their methods/policies can be filibustered (or whatever the legal equivalent is) with mountains of paperwork and superfluous motions.

People rarely care what happens if it doesn't involve them, and if it does indirectly involve them, they simply take the path of least resistance.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Hopefully my new sig will encourage some action. Easy to click vote comment, but only time will tell if we will even feel like trying. I've dabbled in campaigining, but its a long hard road and they are betting you cant outlast them or their (I mean OUR) wallets.

Schedule of upcoming meetings to discuss tobacco control. Wonder if anyone from our team is going?

or if they'll even let companies that produce PV's to attend since they still claim medical device despite being ....*slapped by the nice man in the black robe.

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
So where's your destination? I'm looking more towards Canada. Not because I think their government is superior, but because Canada just seems to be overall happier than everyone else. Their government must be doing something right, eh? (I haven't really looked into their government much, so if that statement was out of ignorance, I apologize haha)

Except that the sale of e-cigs with nicotine is already banned in Canada. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread