Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I rarely start threads unless it's in the Reo or Nicoticket sub forum, but felt this one worth doing.

I understand a lot of people have used the eGrip and a lot of people don't have problems, but that's not the case in mine ( and my Dad's) situation.

Curious to see if anyone else has had this problem.

He has had on eGrip, it crapped out, the parts that were soldered broke loose as it's pathetically small I discovered later on. Okay, thought maybe I got a bad one and my dad liked it so I got him another one. It made it 9 days and did the same thing. Keep in mind with the first one I contacted Joyetech and got no response whatsoever. This time we went to the shop that I got this from and the employee personally contacted Joytech, contacted the rep that provides for the local area and trying to get this fixed. It's a great device when it works, but if it falls apart this quick it's not looking good. coils lasted long, it was never dropped, but the charging port is pretty much useless.

Long story short, we're waiting to get word back on what will happen. Hopefully it'll be soon... The shop, which I don't feel I need to name is doing a lot to help. The guy that sold me the eGrip is letting my dad borrow is own iStick 50w and my dad is using my atlantis tank. He doesn't like the tank, but loves the iStick and it's kept the cigarettes away still. The employee didn't have to do that and hand out a personal mod, but he wanted to keep my dad off cigarettes.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well after reading this I assure you I will never buy anything from Joetech - all of my stuff will come from Johntech. ;)

Seriously, that stinks. Very nice that your dad has been given a loaner though.

Why doesn't dad want to use a tank? It seems to me that would be a solution, as the iSticks seem to be very durable and reliable. I have two 30 watt versions that I have used daily for about a month now and haven't had any issues whatsoever. After two bad eGrips, seems that it might be time to move on to something more reliable. Tanks are easy to get used to.

Another option (though more expensive) might be a Reo Grand. The Reos look similar to the eGrip when you use a cartomizer vs a dripping atomizer and the juice bottle is hidden inside the mod. The Reos mods are virtually bullet-proof and a proven design. It would last you dad many years, so it may be a worthwhile investment in his health.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Yeah it was a typo, maybe a mod can fix it

He liked ease of use with filling the eGrip up. Explaining him how to fill an Atlantis was harder than you think. Granted I'd get him a different tank that wasn't subohm with his new set up.

He loves my Reo, BUT I can't get him to understand squonking and when he needs to squonk. Plus he always runs batteries dead. He was using mine earlier, but I can't get him to grasp the concept of it. I only have one Reo now, I gave one to a lady in the Reo forum.

My dad is up to about 3 weeks or so without a cigarette, but without a setup to vape with he'd go in his cigarette drawer and start again. He really loves the iStick though. He thinks he wants one of them now.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I am so sorry you and your dad has had this problem but so glad that the seller is definitely going out of his way to be helpful to you and that is so awesome that he cares about your dad also. That is really exceptional customer service. I know with it just being 3 weeks, you are concerned with your dad so easily giving up and going back to cigarettes and I am so glad to read that you are there for him. Kudos to you. Please let us know how the story ends. I'm thinking it is going to be a "happy" one.
good.gif

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Yeah it was a typo, maybe a mod can fix it

He liked ease of use with filling the eGrip up. Explaining him how to fill an Atlantis was harder than you think. Granted I'd get him a different tank that wasn't subohm with his new set up.

He loves my Reo, BUT I can't get him to understand squonking and when he needs to squonk. Plus he always runs batteries dead. He was using mine earlier, but I can't get him to grasp the concept of it. I only have one Reo now, I gave one to a lady in the Reo forum.

My dad is up to about 3 weeks or so without a cigarette, but without a setup to vape with he'd go in his cigarette drawer and start again. He really loves the iStick though. He thinks he wants one of them now.

Well, I was just having a bit of fun with the title - though the subject of your post is a much more serious matter. I hope that you took it in the spirit that it was intended. I never meant to make light of your dad's struggle.

I sincerely hope that you find a workable solution.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I am so sorry you and your dad has had this problem but so glad that the seller is definitely going out of his way to be helpful to you and that is so awesome that he cares about your dad also. That is really exceptional customer service. I know with it just being 3 weeks, you are concerned with your dad so easily giving up and going back to cigarettes and I am so glad to read that you are there for him. Kudos to you. Please let us know how the story ends. I'm thinking it is going to be a "happy" one.
good.gif

Thanks and yes if it wasn't for that employee I'd probably not go to the shop. The other dude was rude about it. He held it an arms length away and was like "That's user error you were too rough with it and you broke it by forcing a charger in" and wouldn't listen to anything else. If that was the only employee in there I'd never go in there. He's trying to make quitting this time happen, he really wants to do to it. I'm going to the beach today haha, but the good employee said he hopes getting a response by today or Monday is likely.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Well, I was just having a bit of fun with the title - though the subject of your post is a much more serious matter. I hope that you took it in the spirit that it was intended. I never meant to make light of your dad's struggle.

I sincerely hope that you find a workable solution.

No worries gpjoe :) I think we have all done that with a messed up title haha. I'm thinking we'll find a setup that's good. We need someone with the durability of a Reo but ease of use with a tank he can fill on his own.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
So figured 7 days later for the post, I'd update.

I can't get a reply from Joyetech. No answering phones, emails not answered. My shop called and emailed to no answer. Emailed the local rep, no replies. Now I can see why local shops won't get anymore of these eGrips in stock. It's just a failure waiting to happy. Great customers service Joyetech *applauds and rolls eyes*

At least the Atlantis and iStick 50w is working flawlessly for my dad and the employee at the shop I mentioned just told my dad to keep his iStick he loaned us. He's made it one month now no cigarettes thanks to a generous employee.

Reactions: Foggy Road

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Forgot about this thread, but still no reply to their pathetic excuse of warranty and customer service. I bring it up on their Facebook page and they blocked me. Yep, I'm convinced now they're a terrible company who cares more about profits than customer service and durable products. I will never use Joyetech again.

Update on my dad, for those that care. Still no cigarettes and no desire to have one. iStick 50w and Atlantis still working for him.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Forgot about this thread, but still no reply to their pathetic excuse of warranty and customer service. I bring it up on their Facebook page and they blocked me. Yep, I'm convinced now they're a terrible company who cares more about profits than customer service and durable products. I will never use Joyetech again.

Update on my dad, for those that care. Still no cigarettes and no desire to have one. iStick 50w and Atlantis still working for him.
Congrats to your dad. They seriously blocked you?
Wellp, looks like i'm spreading the word to avoid Joyetech now. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Foggy Road

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Congrats to your dad. They seriously blocked you?
Wellp, looks like i'm spreading the word to avoid Joyetech now. Thanks for the info!

Thanks RipCigs and yeah. I'd have been upset, but at least okay if they acknowledged me with a "Nothing can be done". They didn't even give a reply. I found out I was blocked after a more recent post by them where I couldn't even like the picture. Both options for liking and commenting were gone. Seems like a coward move from a company that is supposed to be big in the vape industry. I don't feel bad now for talking about the crap customer service and "review" i did of the eGrips. In the video I was all "Well I can't vape it because these things don't work, and with these products my dad almost went back to smoking. So my dad is (insert time) weeks smoke free thanks to not using the eGrip" haha. I used to have respect for these guys, always heard good things, all reviewers say they talk to them and they're great people. Apparently if you don't have 50k subs then they don't care. I apologize for the novel of a reply.

Reactions: RipCigs

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Why all the threads pertaining to this vape are closed is beyond me.

Ok, got the RBA base and have used the included coils and they practically ripped my throat out they were SO hot, and I try to use the dots before the first smal one or the first small one. I'm going to try to make my own now and am wondering how many wraps people generally use. In the YouTube vids I've heard 10 and unfortunately I didn't count the wraps they sent before using.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks!!!

The RBA was the best thing about this thing when I figured out the coil size and wicking. In the end it was 10 wraps of #28 Kanthal around a 2 mm screwdriver (standard mini blue one) and compressed (microcoil). I also found the wicking to be a pain at first but I found a video or pictorial somewhere that best explained it. I'm not sure how experienced you are so forgive me for simplifying. Use enough cotton so that when it goes through the coil it gives you a bit of resistance if you were to slide the cotton back and forth. I cut the cotton long enough on each end so that I could make it wrap gently off to the side to meet up with the juice holes when the rba is put back together. Looking down at the deck it would look kind of like an 'S'.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread