filler material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
what do you think we could use instead of polyfill for a 510 cartridge? the stock filling frays easily and burns.. its annoying and tastes bad! what material is used in cartomisers? i remember seeings a cardboard colored material in them

PTB mod, which stands for pyramid tea bag. Lipton pyramid tea bags are generally easy to find. There are several different threads about this but here's a link to one of em.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...83-lipton-pyramid-teabag-filling-5-steps.html

Also, don't be afraid to try different ways of folding the PTB for the best result. I found folding it like an accordion works best for me. YMMV

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I use a filler that I don't think others are using. I use tissues that are the thick cotton tissues for cleaning eye glasses. They have no scent or coloring. I had some from LenCrafters when I got glasses there. I cut about a 1 in x 2 in rectangle, roll it up like the PTB, fold it in half, put a correctly cut coffee straw along one side, point down, and insert with fold-end first into the cart. The straw should be just below the opening of the cart. Then I cut straight across with sharp scissors, so the filler is flush with the opening, not just below it like others do with the PTB. Best wicking filler I have found. Imparts no flavor itself. I find it works better than the PTB, but still props to the inventor of that, as without the PTB method, I would not have come up with this. The tissues are not paper, they are cotton I believe.

Others use Walmart fluval, which is similar to the poly fill that comes stock.

Kurt

gib

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
Overland Park, KS
what do you think we could use instead of polyfill for a 510 cartridge? the stock filling frays easily and burns.. its annoying and tastes bad! what material is used in cartomisers? i remember seeings a cardboard colored material in them

Funny, I just stuffed a 901 cart with the material from a Cartomizer to try it. I haven't vaped all of the liquid in it yet but I will let you know how it goes. It does seem promising.
I am using the outer wicking material from a cartomizer, not the inner material which is next to the coil.
I don't know what the material is called or where to get it except from a used cartomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread