Finally aquired (Coveted) DRONE is dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Long rant, temper tantrum!
So I wanted a Drone as soon as I seen one, but didn't want to play with escibe.
I kept talking myself out of the purchase, then heard that they were stopping production. This made me go on a quest to aquire one.
But alas they were out of stock everywhere. I gave up, moved on.

THEN just happen to stumble on a post in a thread that these two venders had them in stock, the thread was almost a month old when I read them. My curiosity got the best of me the next day and I looked them up. First vender out of stock, BUT the second vender had them. EUREKA OMG I found one (right before Christmas) and ordered it immediately.

Well last night I picked it up and changed attys and went to change settings and it just went squirrelly, wouldn't let me go into setting and started just flashing stealth mode.
And no it wasnt in stealth mode to begin with and wouldn't hold normal mode or show any other screen.
Connected it to the escribe and downloaded the reset to factory settings and NOTHING changed.
Its bricked, I'm gutted, I should have not spent that kind of money right before Christmas and I'm not geeky enough to need all that escribe provides.
I also know I won't get it replaced because there aren't any.
So I guess Monday morning I will be talking to the vender and after that most likely
Evolv.
Thanks for listening to my temper tantrum
I am kicking my wittle wegs!!!!

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Well, got the response from the vender. Its what I expected, not our problem, contact the manufacturer. Of course that means dealing with China. I think I will try to just contact Evolv.
I have only had to return 2 things in 4+yrs.
So I guess depending on how you look at it I've been lucky.
Both previous returns were simple.

On a side note, I swear I checked that venders site after my purchase and they were out of stock. I was so happy I found one before they were gone forever.
BUT no they still have stock and are now 40$ higher than they were being sold every where.

What makes me so crazy over this is it was barely used, I mean really if I remember correctly, Ordered it Cyber Mon, arrived Dec 2, checked it for doa, connected it to ecribe on Dec 22. Jan 26 it doesn't work!! AAARRRRGGGHHHH
PLUS I have an order of extras (bottles,rda) on route as I type this.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Bummer....I like elementvape
Yeah I'm disappointed in them as well.

A recent RSQ I ordered from MVS was the first time I've ever gotten something I've had to return (must be lucky), but was very happy with the way MVS handled it. If they would have told me to contact the manufacturer, I would no longer deal with them.

Sorry, but that is a negative against Element in my book.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I'm about to lose my religion! Evolve seems to think I have it in stealth mode. They provided me with instructions on how to go between normal/stealth mode.:mad::mad::mad:
And my attempts to reach LostVape support thru email has given me some kind of error at this time try again later message. WHAT!!!! :censored::evil::censored:

edit: got e-mail thru to Lost Vape, lets see where this gets me

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
And the saga continues:
Evolve has not responded to my return e-mail that it is not an issue with me not knowing how to switch between normal/stealth mode.

LostVapes response was basically "have you contacted the vender"
We have a six month warranty, you should contact vender and they should contact us. Thats the general jist anyway.

At this point I feel like the pivot man/woman at a circle jerk!

Yes I know I'm beating a dead horse, 150$ is still 150$

• Optimistic

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@Asbestos4004, well since about May of 2015 I have used a joytech cuboid in the 40W ish range with a Boreas rta .3-.4. I never updated the firmware on the Cuboid past vs 3.00 and it has worked flawlessly EVERYDAY.

I always wanted a squonker, but didn't really want a mech or single battery since was loving the battery life with the two battery cuboid.

Then that Drone came out, ok now we are talking, Squonker, dual battery. and DNA to boot WOOHOO!!!
I just couldn't bring myself to spend 150$ on it. My Cuboid was working and I have two more tucked away because my husband has stopped vaping. I paid 38 bucks for those Cuboids. LOLOLOL

The funny thing about all of this, my husband picked me up a Pulse on black friday and you know what, the damn thing just works, yes it is cheap and it takes 1 battery ( now using single coil rda ) and last me all day.
Using the Vapcell gold battery that Mooch tested and a single parallel .4 build in a B2K.

Didn't mean to rant again, sorry, to answer you question, 40watts is about all I require.
:toast:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hope you get it sorted out, what a frustrating thing and for such a pricy mod. :( I guess I would send Evolv's emails to the vendor and see what that gets you. Vendors don't like being schooled by the MANUFACTURER concerning their warranty period being flagged, especially when it's high price, hard to find items.

Best of luck

:Anna

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
And the saga continues:
Evolve has not responded to my return e-mail that it is not an issue with me not knowing how to switch between normal/stealth mode.

LostVapes response was basically "have you contacted the vender"
We have a six month warranty, you should contact vender and they should contact us. Thats the general jist anyway.

At this point I feel like the pivot man/woman at a circle jerk!

Yes I know I'm beating a dead horse, 150$ is still 150$

Evolv isn't that large of an outfit. Don't think they are manning the support line 24/7.

I understand your frustration. Evolv, just like any other company, wants to try to solve the problem before they have you send it in. There's usually a cycle of try this, try that, when all else fails, send it in.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Last thing I'm going to post about all this. :evil:

ELEMENT VAPES SUCKS!!!:nah::nah::nah:
Their response to my copy and paste Lost Vape e-mail was basically
SO SORRY /30 days and all. Go to Lost Vape for resolution.
Lost Vapes e-mail to me stated they deal with the venders, not the individuals and they have a 6 month warranty. Contact vender for return.
If you go to Lost Vapes site they list Elelment as an authorized US seller.

BUT there is a POSITIVE!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
EVOLV sent me a RMA.
YEAH EVOLV!!:banana::banana::banana:

No more Lost Vape devices for me.
Looking forward to more DNA devices tho :p

I've been on here a long while, I have never complained about anyone ever before, never had anything like this happen in over 4 yrs with any other business.

• Optimistic

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
Good to hear.

I personally will not buy any device with any other board in it. I purchased a mod that didn't have an Evolv board in it that stopped working 3 days after I purchased it. Took it back to the store and they just shrugged their shoulders. Contacted Aspire and they just gave me the run around. $100 and I got 3 days out of it.

At least with anything with an Evolv board in it, I can send it off to Evolv to get repaired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread