Finally did it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
After a few days of filling my Aerotank up with juice that obviously needs steeping, and a dud very bad tasting coil, I decided to try to make a microcoil again early. I say early because I have an Atomic, Magma, Igo-W and a clone kayfun on the way that are taking far too long, so tried again with my tiny micro rda.

I have tried building in this thing before, but got a harsh bad taste every time. I noticed that as standard, the hole just feels too small. I opened it up a little with my Dremel and a little diamond ball bit (since I'm off work for a week and left all my tools there).

Since my last try I had bought an unwanted Blazer PB-207 micro torch from eBay

I cut a length of 30G Kanthal and torched it until every inch had been glowing red. Straight away as soon as I started wrapping, I could see how much easier it was now than when I tried without torching. I wrapped a few coils on my jig (I wasn't counting since I hadn't made a successful one yet!), and kept gently squeezing with tweezers as I heated it. Installed it on my RDA and checked the resistance. 1.4 ohms. Worth a try! I set the voltage at 3.9 and gave it some power. The coil heated nice and even from the middle and spreading outwards, fading back to the middle when I let go of the button.

I put much less cotton in than before, and kept pulling it to and fro through through the coil, pulling off any bits that were stopping it easily passing through. I trimmed it, and put a tail in the well. Dripped a few drops of juice on there and this is what I had.

I gave it a little test pulse and it looked as good as any tutorial I've seen. Let's try this!

Oh. My. Gosh! The most amazing flavor I've ever had! Plenty of vapor too with a good sizzle. Feels super satisfying that I built it myself too!

I now know what I did wrong before:

Not torching the Kanthal
Using too much cotton
Not having the coils completely touching each other
Coil sat too low in the well
Air hole too small

Ive had a ton of 1ml samples sitting around until I had mastered this, and now I've finally bust one open. Mount Baker Vapor Ecto Cooler. It tastes good! No burning or dry hits and I'm in heaven! Definitely my happiest day vaping so far :D

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I like the size of that torch, would fit in my vape suplies container nicely. Glad you got rebuilding down:) now to experiment with dfferent build styles to see what you like

Thanks :) I have had one of these torches before and always regretted selling it. It has a gas lock too so you don't have to hold the button down. I remember testing the durability of the torch by leaving it on until a full tank had been used. Handled it fine!

I've got a good variety of rebuildables on the way and found a good cheap supplier of Kanthal so I'll be experimenting for a while yet!

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
Thanks :) I have had one of these torches before and always regretted selling it. It has a gas lock too so you don't have to hold the button down. I remember testing the durability of the torch by leaving it on until a full tank had been used. Handled it fine!

I gotta check that out. Like how the tank is clear to see how much butane ya got left.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I gotta check that out. Like how the tank is clear to see how much butane ya got left.

Definitely the most reliable torch I've had, and holds plenty of butane too. Just be sure to use very clean refined butane, or eventually the whooooosh of the flame will dull down to a hiss and not burn as well. It's not much more, and lasts me a good year or so per can to refill anything I have. Good cigar shops will carry the clean stuff as it works best in torch style cigar lighters.

I remember my last one came with a little hands free stand, but not this one for some reason. The only difference I could see with this one is it came from the main US distributor out of NY, the other came direct from Japan. It wouldn't be difficult to make something with a simple hole to stand it in. I remember it looking like the Ego beauty ring I got with my Aerotank.

Last edited:

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
The original version of it comes with a little base you can stand it on. It is 35$ to 50$ though.

Yes, they can cost more than other torches, but much like Provape, the warranty is hassle free, and after that repair costs are minimal.

Just as a side note after using this coil for a while, now I understand how people can get through 10-20ml a day. It's a thirsty little thing! I can only imagine how fast I would go through juice running dual coils :D

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Ehh duals are juice hogs. But imo a sub ohm dual is more efficient at delivering the nic so I vape it less often

That's very true. I'm used to using my carto tank all night, but after burning through a ml over not much longer than a couple of hours last night I definitely felt like putting it down! :D

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
That's very true. I'm used to using my carto tank all night, but after burning through a ml over not much longer than a couple of hours last night I definitely felt like putting it down! :D

Some builds I've tried are insane! Two good lung hits will leave your head swimming. I only vape 6mg. of nic... most potent build was dual tripple twisted 28g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread