Finally figured out how get a consistent draw on eGo T

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3p

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
SoCal
Taking a cue from another post about holding the switch for 1-2 secs that I can't find again, I've arrived at the following:

1. Clean the atty via one the various methods listed elsewhere here
2. Screw atty back on and make it's seated good
3. Insert tank, and, I've discovered it definitely does *NOT* needed to ble clocked (aligned with the flat sides of the atty below
4. Hold the switch and drag to get it primed (may take a couple of times)
5. Hold he switch on for 1-2 secs until you hear a "pop" or "gurgling" (I think it's the atty burning off the excess juice) The pop/gurgle is what I hadn't seen mentioned before
6. While continuing to hold the button, draw.

If you do 5 & 6 every time you draw, you should have great success. I've gone through several tank loads and never failed to get a nice clean draw.

Hope this helps

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I also found that if you hold the button a second or two and then take slow longer drags they are almost perfect hits everytime
edit: My whole routine is blow out the atty insert the tank take a few pulls without pushing the button, blow into the moth piece, hold the button for a couple of seconds then slow long drag = perfect

Last edited:

CamelKicker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Vaporville, USA
i tried something different (for me) .i pulled the tank off and just used the atty . it was vaping fine just from what was in the atty . is this normal.

Yes, there is a small cup reservoir that holds the juice, so if you do remove the tank you will get a few puffs that are just as tasty as if the tank was on.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
I also found that if you hold the button a second or two and then take slow longer drags they are almost perfect hits everytime
edit: My whole routine is blow out the atty insert the tank take a few pulls without pushing the button, blow into the moth piece, hold the button for a couple of seconds then slow long drag = perfect

Ditto...and I just got a new atty and after blowing it out good on a paper towel, by the second or third real drag it was tasting perfect! And no real primer taste before that really. (new atty tip I guess)

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
Ditto...and I just got a new atty and after blowing it out good on a paper towel, by the second or third real drag it was tasting perfect! And no real primer taste before that really. (new atty tip I guess)

I blew the nasty stuff out of my ego mega atty's as well. And no need to clean with water or anything. So simple. Who knew. lol

Does anyone keep dragging after you let go of the battery button? Try it. Makes sense to me. There's still vapor in there so suck it out and it should help to prime the wick for the next drag. It's working on my mega atty's. Should work the same on the ego-T's. Same concept.

kchighball

Feb 19, 2011
kansas
learned a neat cheap fix trick tonight ,had a tank that was leaking from . i guess being put on and off to much hole around tank got to worn out so i cut a little square of duck tape put it over the end of the tank then sat it down on the atomizer let it poke a hole thru then pulled it off and filled tank with a syringe . put it back on the atty in the same exact position . problem solved . duct tape great for everything , but ducts ,lolo

g3p

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
SoCal
...Does anyone keep dragging after you let go of the battery button? Try it. Makes sense to me. There's still vapor in there so suck it out and it should help to prime the wick for the next drag. It's working on my mega atty's. Should work the same on the ego-T's. Same concept.

Yup, discovered this a bit ago myself. And it does work on the e-t

CamelKicker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Vaporville, USA
Ive found that if I keep draggin on it after releasing the button by the time I get to a quarter tank it's leaking like crazy from the screw end of atomizer.

Yeah that happens when the vacuum is released, what I have found is that you should fill it when it gets "low" instead of empty. Once the juice lets the spike get exposed to air it loses the vacuum and the juice has no where else to go except out of the bottom hole in the atomizer.

g3p

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
SoCal
Yeah that happens when the vacuum is released, what I have found is that you should fill it when it gets "low" instead of empty. Once the juice lets the spike get exposed to air it loses the vacuum and the juice has no where else to go except out of the bottom hole in the atomizer.

Perfect! I was wondering how low "low" was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread