How often you clean your Ego-T atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
Did your atty burn out or what? Just wanted to take it apart for the hell of it? It's always good to learn about the product you use in my opinion.

The coil had burned out after a month of heavy usage. Up to that point I hadn't pulled the needle plate. I pulled the plate on my other one tonight and the coil was really gunked up. Washed it out good and did some burns to get the gunk off. It's tasting better now, hopefully it will extend the life by keeping it clean.

I plan to try to rebuild the one I took apart. I hope to have some time to try next week.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Looks like these are going to need alot of cleaning to keep them going. I am vaping a little less than 3 ml's a day and after a couple of days I need to clean mine. Right now just boiling in tap water and then blowing out. Could be that is not enough cleaning.

Got a couple of lr attys coming. Maybe...just maybe with a hotter atty they just might not build up gunk and not need cleaning?

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
The coil had burned out after a month of heavy usage. Up to that point I hadn't pulled the needle plate. I pulled the plate on my other one tonight and the coil was really gunked up. Washed it out good and did some burns to get the gunk off. It's tasting better now, hopefully it will extend the life by keeping it clean.

I plan to try to rebuild the one I took apart. I hope to have some time to try next week.
Thanks for the great pictures that will keep me from tearing mine apart from curiosity, and wait until one dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread