Finally got my Genesis Coils to last more than an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have had my Aga T+ and Cobra clones for almost a year, and they have frustrated the living daylights out of me. I would have a go at it every few weeks, but nothing.

I have watched the video tutorials so often that my eyeballs hurt. Of the hundreds out there, only a few have anything of value in them. Phil, Todd, Riptripper, Zen are instructional. Nick, you are really useless when it comes to anything requiring a modicum of mechanical skill.

Personal gripe: I really wish some of you would take the trouble to clean and trim your nails. You do not have to have nail salon or classical guitarist perfect nails, but for $3 you can get a nail brush, clippers, and nail files at Dollar Tree which are all you need. Of course, you have to use them.

The Internet gives you a chance to become a star, at least groom the part. Does your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend let you near them with dirty nails? Trying to be politically correct here. Dirty fingernails on the world wide web are gross.

After trying everything, I always ended up with hot legs at the top and only the top one or two wraps glowing.

I had been oxidizing my wick with VG. It was not working. A lot of people just use a flame.

Then, I caught Zen saying he was using PG. What a difference!!!!!!!!!! Rather than drip onto the wick when oxidizing, I quench in PG. Lazy man's way of doing things. I do about 10 cycles of quench and burn.

Now my coils glow evenly, and I am on my fifth day with two gennies. It is a lot better than the 5 minutes I was getting. These things are real juice hogs, though. Now it's time to find the optimum air hole and wick type. Ordered some adjustable air hole clones from FT.

rustafar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Weeki Wachee, FL.
I just got my 1st genny the other day. A mini Cobra/griffin/mini did clone. My first coil I built came out to 1.6 ohms and never had any problems with hot spots. I oxidize my SS with a torch, then roll it . then oxidize and quench with VG 3 times and that's it.
I've just started using cotton, much cheaper than SS.

Good luck on you Genny Journey.
Russ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread