finding out coil building isn't as easy as i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I just build regular single coils and I doubt I've used 5' of wire in six months. I estimate that to be around 25 cents. DIY juice is around 20 cents per day. With juices I bought before DIY, 2 provaris, 7 Kayfuns, and all the DIY supplies for juice and coils, I'm currently ahead $2,203 since March. So it can be much cheaper than smoking if you go about it the right way.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
I just build regular single coils and I doubt I've used 5' of wire in six months. I estimate that to be around 25 cents. DIY juice is around 20 cents per day. With juices I bought before DIY, 2 provaris, 7 Kayfuns, and all the DIY supplies for juice and coils, I'm currently ahead $2,203 since March. So it can be much cheaper than smoking if you go about it the right way.
very true. up until about a month ago, i was using everything i bought when i started. other then juice. but found something i like that takes very low ohm and high wattage. different vape. warmer and more.. vapor. strangely satisfying. then this coil building thing became very interesting..

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hey still relatively cheap as a hobby though, right?
I mean wrapping wires...
:)

very true. up until about a month ago, i was using everything i bought when i started. other then juice. but found something i like that takes very low ohm and high wattage. different vape. warmer and more.. vapor. strangely satisfying. then this coil building thing became very interesting..

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Well, it certainly pays for my other hobbies. Since I save around $4000 a year not buying cigarettes and I don't expect to spend more than $100 or $200 during the next year (flavorings) I'm pretty much expecting to have saved around $6000 to blow on my hobbies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
it's a trade off... i get excellent clouds and flavour off of my 28g SS single, sure i would get more out of some fused clapton as well, just depends on what tank/rda i'm on... like one of my rdas is setup as a quad coil, it's single wire, the trade off for the more mass isn't worth it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I will say with a struggle I can make Claptons, but I need more practice. Fused are next but for those I know I have to get swivels. Still a simple build that works really well is a parallel build. Not hard, but excellent for an easy way to increase surface area and, IMO, do perform well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I smoked a pipe gave it up because of coughing, I've been vaping 6 months or more, started at 18 mg nicotine and am now down to 3 mg. I bought RTA Vaperesso Gemini, I now have 3 of them. I build my own coils and make my own liquid so it's a hobby. I'm probably spending more than I should but as a hobby it's fun. I just bought a Smoketech G priv and am still getting used to it. It has a very nice setup and features you don't find in other vaporizers.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
That's the reason I bought the Ammit so I could practise just making one coil and testing it. Liked the Ammit so much it became my go to tank instead of my duel coil rebuildables. So then I bought a Merlin for testing single coils and it quickly became my second go to tank. Oh Humm! Guess I have to buy a third single coil rebuildable to test new coil builds. It never ends, it never ends! :ohmy:

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
My latest Vaperesso tank is not working for me, I've tried stainless and I'm now on my second nickel coil, same thing popping and small explosions and going into temp protection. It behaves the same on other vaporizers so it has to be something about the tank, I have similar coils and wicking in another same brand tank that works good. I'd like to toss it but really want to find the problem.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
it's personal preference when it comes to cotton balls/yarn/bacon/pads.. i've tried them all and found i like the pads the best, for the way i build and didn't like the bacon, because i could actually taste it. pads work when you like to measure more than go by feel... i'm just a tad OCD lol.

Reactions: ShowerHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread