finding out coil building isn't as easy as i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainside

Jan 31, 2017
I have tried several wicking methods and a couple materials (one type of linen and different kinds of cotton), but the scottish roll so far is the best that i tried.
Also, started building coils not too long ago, just tried braiding, seems like an interesting and quick way to build yourself some pretty coils (dualcoil 3loop fishtail with .3mm (about 28.5 AWG) SS 316 3mm bit 6 wraps (if im wrong about the number please correct me), measures in at about 0.1 Ohms on my rx2/3, don't have an ohm meter/build deck)
6p2FI4W.jpg

Last edited:

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
I have tried several wicking methods and a couple materials (one type of linen and different kinds of cotton), but the scottish roll so far is the best that i tried.
Also, started building coils not too long ago, just tried braiding, seems like an interesting and quick way to build yourself some pretty coils (dualcoil 3loop fishtail with .3mm (about 28.5 AWG) SS 316 3mm bit 6 wraps (if im wrong about the number please correct me), measures in at about 0.1 Ohms on my rx2/3, don't have an ohm meter/build deck)
6p2FI4W.jpg
i use rx200, it was cheap :) i used dual coil braid build on it before and it read .09 ohm and refuse to fire. i put in dual coil alien build in and it read .1 ohm and works fine. try with only one coil to see if that will fire.

Chainside

Jan 31, 2017
i used dual coil braid build on it before and it read .09 ohm and refuse to fire. i put in dual coil alien build in and it read .1 ohm and works fine. try with only one coil
One coil is not an option here, but yeah, its internal ohmmeter gives. 0.1/0.09, refuses to fire under 0.1 in VW, amd kicks me out of TC because the differences are negligible at starting temps. If i warm it up on vw first tc works with custom tcr. Ill be tossing these coils in favor of a dual fused clapton (A1 kanthal 0.5mm+ss316 0.3mm) / parallel or single microcoils of ss316 0.3, since i want tc unless i get a fclapton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread