First Atomizer Death Goes to the Puresmoker Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdix

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Texas
Had my first atomizer death over the weekend. Unfortunately, it was the newest atomizer to my collection- one that was purchased from Puresmoker.

62 days and counting for 2 atomizers from eSmokeyTreats for a DSE-901 and they're still going strong.

48 days and counting for 2 atomizers from Absolutely eCigs for an M-402 and they're still going strong.

Only had the Puresmoker atomizer for 38 days and it is kaput! 8-o:(

Considering that with 5 atomizers I use a different one each day, the Puresmoker atomizer died after only 7 full days of use. It was the Black version for the M-401 (Pilot).

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Had my first atomizer death over the weekend. Unfortunately, it was the newest atomizer to my collection- one that was purchased from Puresmoker.

62 days and counting for 2 atomizers from eSmokeyTreats for a DSE-901 and they're still going strong.

48 days and counting for 2 atomizers from Absolutely eCigs for an M-402 and they're still going strong.

Only had the Puresmoker atomizer for 38 days and it is kaput! 8-o:(

Considering that with 5 atomizers I use a different one each day, the Puresmoker atomizer died after only 7 full days of use. It was the Black version for the M-401 (Pilot).

Did you wash them out a lot? I wash mine out about once every three days.

mctriple

Jan 30, 2009
Florence, AL
You sure it's really dead? Drain the heck out of it, rinse it thoroughly with warm water, blow it nice and dry, etc. My first 901 atomizer seemed to die today about 5 1/2 weeks of constant use. Did that and brought it right back to life! The only atomizer I've used, and I use the hell out of it (probably 1.5ml a day - only dripping, never carts except the first day or 2 I got it). Try really cleaning it out, maybe tapping it a bit incase something is stuck in there. Maybe some of it dried up and clogged it a bit? I only clean mine about once a week, but then again it stays pretty warm and used most of the time :)

Last edited:

Bruceslog

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
Shucks, I posted a question in another thread ( Cannot link because I don't have enough posts yet, ).

But Anyway, seems like this might be a better thread for my post, so here it is;
[pasted form other thread ]

Seems like half the folks here have atomizers that last a month or two, and the other half would just love if their atomizers would last even a month.

I am wondering if atomizers are dying off quicker for some because those people drip often ? And the ones who's atomizers are lasting a month or more do not drip often, or at all ?

Might be a good question for a poll. :)

mctriple

Jan 30, 2009
Florence, AL
Shucks, I posted a question in another thread ( Cannot link because I don't have enough posts yet, ).

But Anyway, seems like this might be a better thread for my post, so here it is;
[pasted form other thread ]

Seems like half the folks here have atomizers that last a month or two, and the other half would just love if their atomizers would last even a month.

I am wondering if atomizers are dying off quicker for some because those people drip often ? And the ones who's atomizers are lasting a month or more do not drip often, or at all ?

Might be a good question for a poll. :)

All I ever do is drip. I used carts for the first day or so, the ones that came with the kit. Since then, it's been almost a month and a half of dripping 1.5ml/day with only one atomizer the entire time. Doesn't seem to have made mine last shorter than others. Almost 6 weeks of heavy drip use!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Well ... You beat my *average* said lifespan of 3-4 weeks :) So there is a positive to it!!!!

Steve--again thanks for the feedback and the real deal--Anybody that reports that an atomizer lasts one year or 6 months is blowing smoke. As always, Steve, you tell it like it is--and that is appreciated----Sun

nosmoke

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2008
Steve--again thanks for the feedback and the real deal--Anybody that reports that an atomizer lasts one year or 6 months is blowing smoke. As always, Steve, you tell it like it is--and that is appreciated----Sun

Not true, i got 9 months out of my Njoy Atomizer.

If you treat a car like crap it may last a few years look after it and it will last a lot longer same for the atomizers.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
3-4 weeks and using it everyday?

I only used mine every 5 days, 7 times in total. They shouldn't be dying after just 1 week's worth of use :confused:

If it wasn't completely sealed with priming fluid, consider it old. Sitting with the elements, whether eliquid or a cartridge is in there, is being used. Its the reason when people order bulk atomizers from me, I keep them sealed in their respective baggies.

No problemo Sun!

Not true, i got 9 months out of my Njoy Atomizer.

If you treat a car like crap it may last a few years look after it and it will last a lot longer same for the atomizers.

Very nice nosmoke. Whether an atomizer is treated right or wrong, it doesn't really matter. When I find that perfect one, I treat is like a $10,000 diamond ring. She gets washed/drained/blown out, and she still takes a dump after roughly 6-8 weeks.

3-4 weeks is the average between noobies (who can go through 5 in a week) to more experienced users. Whether you get 2,6, or 9 months from a single atomizer is certainly an accomplishment and you should feel proud!

My longest personal living atomizer was a 901 atomizer which died 1 day short of 3 months. Dripped every day of her life on a manual USB passthrough. She was 1 for the record books. 1 minute she was working, the next, gone ... she will however, ALWAYS be remembered :D

nosmoke

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2008
If it wasn't completely sealed with priming fluid, consider it old. Sitting with the elements, whether eliquid or a cartridge is in there, is being used. Its the reason when people order bulk atomizers from me, I keep them sealed in their respective baggies.

No problemo Sun!

Very nice nosmoke. Whether an atomizer is treated right or wrong, it doesn't really matter. When I find that perfect one, I treat is like a $10,000 diamond ring. She gets washed/drained/blown out, and she still takes a dump after roughly 6-8 weeks.

3-4 weeks is the average between noobies (who can go through 5 in a week) to more experienced users. Whether you get 2,6, or 9 months from a single atomizer is certainly an accomplishment and you should feel proud!

My longest personal living atomizer was a 901 atomizer which died 1 day short of 3 months. Dripped every day of her life on a manual USB passthrough. She was 1 for the record books. 1 minute she was working, the next, gone ... she will however, ALWAYS be remembered :D

That was like mine i think he was like the 60 yr old triathlete never stopped but died doing what he loved . One deep vape and he was gone.

CalPilot89

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
I don't know if it is just luck but I have NEVER lost an atomizer and I don't know why. I use them often and use the penstyle with a janty manual switch and battery. I get them really hot.
I use the same atomizer until it starts to produce less vapor on a fresh battery. I then switch to my backup atomizer. After that starts to degrade, I clean them. All in all I clean both of them once a week.
My cleaning process is to put them in a pot, cover them with about an inch of cold water. Bring it to a boil and let them boil for anywhere between 5 and ten minutes depending on how bad they were.. I take them out, let them cool, then roll up paper toweling and stick it in the wick end and blow them out. Turn the paper towel around and blow them out again. After that I let them sit. Sometimes over night, otherwise at least an hour.
When I am ready to use them I drip 6 drops directly on the atomizer. Puff away until I start to get good vapor once the remaining water is cleared. After I start to get good vapor, I drip 3 more drops, and away I go.
Like I said, I repeat the process about once a week and my atomizers are still working great after several months. I rarely use carts and choose to drip..
Give it a try. Just don't let your atomizers get too clogged and degraded before you clean them.

nosmoke

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2008
I don't know if it is just luck but I have NEVER lost an atomizer and I don't know why. I use them often and use the penstyle with a janty manual switch and battery. I get them really hot.
I use the same atomizer until it starts to produce less vapor on a fresh battery. I then switch to my backup atomizer. After that starts to degrade, I clean them. All in all I clean both of them once a week.
My cleaning process is to put them in a pot, cover them with about an inch of cold water. Bring it to a boil and let them boil for anywhere between 5 and ten minutes depending on how bad they were.. I take them out, let them cool, then roll up paper toweling and stick it in the wick end and blow them out. Turn the paper towel around and blow them out again. After that I let them sit. Sometimes over night, otherwise at least an hour.
When I am ready to use them I drip 6 drops directly on the atomizer. Puff away until I start to get good vapor once the remaining water is cleared. After I start to get good vapor, I drip 3 more drops, and away I go.
Like I said, I repeat the process about once a week and my atomizers are still working great after several months. I rarely use carts and choose to drip..
Give it a try. Just don't let your atomizers get too clogged and degraded before you clean them.

Lets see if you can get by 270 days that was the record for my first atomizer, best many have heard of i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread