First order from PureSmoker. Noobie questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav

Mar 20, 2009
Missouri
So I placed my first ever e-cig order last Friday during the mad crazy rush at PureSmoker. I just had a few noobie questions I wanted to ask before my order arrives.

1. In one of the videos on PureSmoker.com, it is mentioned that PS batteries come pre-charged. Does this mean that the 10-12 hour first time "conditioning" charge I've read about is not necessary for any of the batteries I ordered? Can I just start vaping away, or is it still a good idea to charge the batteries for 10-12 hours first?

2. I've read about putting a drop or two of e-liquid directly onto a brand new atomizer before first use to prevent possibly burning it up on the first puff. Is this truly a good idea? Are there any reasons that I should not do this?

3. Along the lines of question 2, what is the deal with vaping by dripping directly onto the atomizer? If you do this, do you still use a cart at the same time? Do you drip the liquid before or after you screw the battery on? Can doing this shorten the life span of the atomizer?

4. When storing my new e-cig in my pocket, should I unscrew the battery first? If not, is storing it "cherry" side down really a very bad idea (juice running down into the battery)?

5. When I placed my order, I got some pre-filled carts AND a bottle of e-liquid. I noticed that PS also sold empty carts. Can the carts that come pre-filled also be refilled over and over?

6. About how full should I refill the average cart for a DSE-901? Can you really overfill them?

OK, so that wasn't really "just a few" questions. Sorry, just really excited about my first e-cig experience and wanted to make sure it was a good one. Thanks...

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
So I placed my first ever e-cig order last Friday during the mad crazy rush at PureSmoker. I just had a few noobie questions I wanted to ask before my order arrives.

Sounds like you had some excitement for your very first order! Lets see if we can help ...

Mav said:
1. In one of the videos on PureSmoker.com, it is mentioned that PS batteries come pre-charged. Does this mean that the 10-12 hour first time "conditioning" charge I've read about is not necessary for any of the batteries I ordered? Can I just start vaping away, or is it still a good idea to charge the batteries for 10-12 hours first?

That video was made many many moons ago, when we first started. At that time, we were able to charge all batteries for their initial. We no longer do this. With that said, when you first get your starter kit, make sure to get 1 battery on the charger ASAP, and the other enjoy and practice/play with.

Mav said:
2. I've read about putting a drop or two of e-liquid directly onto a brand new atomizer before first use to prevent possibly burning it up on the first puff. Is this truly a good idea? Are there any reasons that I should not do this?

The best approach would be to grab a papertowel and blow all the excess factory priming liquid out. A drop or two should come out. Once done, dry the inside of the atomizer threading and screw back on the battery. Adding 1/2 drops directly on the atomizer to kick start it is a good idea. Insert cartridge, and you're done.

Mav said:
3. Along the lines of question 2, what is the deal with vaping by dripping directly onto the atomizer? If you do this, do you still use a cart at the same time? Do you drip the liquid before or after you screw the battery on? Can doing this shorten the life span of the atomizer?

There are 3 ways to approach esmoking.
1. Using cartridges only
2. Dripping Only
3. A combination of the two/topping off/etc...

Dripping isn't the best approach, especially when new to esmoking. You can destroy equipment like you wouldn't believe. I normally recommend Option #3. Start with cartridges, when they start to get low, fill back up/topp off and continue to enjoy.

Mav said:
4. When storing my new e-cig in my pocket, should I unscrew the battery first? If not, is storing it "cherry" side down really a very bad idea (juice running down into the battery)?

Not sure what type of ecig you went with, and there are differing opinions on this subject. When not in my pocket for more than 20-30 minutes, i just stick the battery side down and cartridge side up.

Mav said:
5. When I placed my order, I got some pre-filled carts AND a bottle of e-liquid. I noticed that PS also sold empty carts. Can the carts that come pre-filled also be refilled over and over?

Yes ... Cores are cartridges without liquid from the factory.

Mav said:
6. About how full should I refill the average cart for a DSE-901? Can you really overfill them?

901 carts will hold about .5 - .6ml of liquid. Fill until you see the filling completely moist. if you start to see a puddle develop on top, you have gone too far.

Mav said:
OK, so that wasn't really "just a few" questions. Sorry, just really excited about my first e-cig experience and wanted to make sure it was a good one. Thanks...

Have fun!

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I'll stick to answering the easy one:

5. Yes, you can refill the pre-filled carts over and over. After a few times, the filler will get - well, manky is the term I've seen used and it's as good as any. At that point you'll want to either replace it (do a tag search for "filler" on this forum) or squeeze it out and clean it.

I am going to answer these questions here.. but in the future.. these questions belong in the "newbie" forum at the top of the home page... they will get answered much faster there.

1-they do not pre-charge anymore.. they have too many orders to do that... you MUST charge the full length of time before using the first time!

2-this is called "priming" the atomizer. It is a good idea to do.. but do so carefully.. try to hit the "arch" on the atomizer.. not just drip it all over and make a mess and no more than 2 drops at a time. If you puff a few times and still see no vapor.. try 1 or 2 more drops then puff a few times again. Repeat until you get vapor. If you put too much... it drips in your battery and then it is garbage.

3-if you drip you do not need to use a cartridge.. you can use the "mouthpiece" that comes with the starter kit.

4-If you are storing it in a case.. you can take it apart.. most people don't bother. I try to store mine horizontal. if u can't... cart side down is better in case the juice leaks. Better in your pocket than your battery :) (some people have differing opinions on this).

5-You can refill the carts that are prefilled.

6-If they "pool up" on top.. they are overfull. Blot with papertowel.

Now.. if you has watched the Intro to Vaping video.. you woudl not have had to ask MOST of these questions... go spend an hour and watch it now and save us all a lot of time in having to answer questions that have already been answered.

Here is a link... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...2-new-updated-comprehensive-intro-vaping.html

Im farely new myself, and have been wondering some of the same things... Anybody?

Edit: Cash.. looks like we were responding at the same time... blows my mind that you find any time for the forum, but glad you do of we would not have 2 guys a cup and milk lol :)

Last edited:

Mav

Mar 20, 2009
Missouri
Now.. if you has watched the Intro to Vaping video.. you woudl not have had to ask MOST of these questions... go spend an hour and watch it now and save us all a lot of time in having to answer questions that have already been answered.

Ya know, I think when I first discovered this forum, I stumbled across the new member section... but after spending the last week buried in the PureSmoker section, I kind of forgot the rest of the forum even existed. Sorry... :cry:

I hate when people don't use the "Search" function in other forums. Can't believe I became "that guy". Anyway... noted. :thumb:

BT3

Mar 21, 2009
Texas
Yeah, I'm waiting for my "order #12047 has shipped" email. Get out of here and ship it already!
:(
Zep--

You and me both. I didn't get my order placed until the rush was over Friday night and am sitting at 12358. Ended up not wanting to wait and bought an NPro Saturday. Have already forgone at least 75 analogs since that time. I'm still anxious to get my Pilot and try some more flavors.

Zep--

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
SW Florida
As a first timer buyer from puresmoker, I have to say so far my experience has not been good. First I pay a double + premium price of $11 for shipping, which based on my order and looking at the USPS site should cost about $4.95 (for a 1 Lb. box, I doubt my shipment weighs anything near that) for 2 day priority mail. Am I getting a decorative $6 box also?

It's been a little over 4 & 1/2 days with no shipping confirmation. My shipment should ave been here yesterday according to what I paid for shipping wise, the mail has already come and gone today and I still have nothing.

I'm sure (well, I hope) it will come eventually, but when it does I won't feel I got what I paid for as far as shipping goes.

I'm sorry they are swamped, but that's not my fault as a customer. 4 hours ago I sent an email asking about the status of my order and have yet to hear anything.

Zep--

Zep--

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
SW Florida
For most companies S & H covers the shipping plus costs of shipping containers, packing material in the shipping container, costs of employee to pack container, cost of gas to take container to shipping place, etc., etc.

Actually, for most companies that is added to the price of the product. The "H" of the S&H fee is usually some BS charge less than reputable companies tack on for purely profit reasons.

Not inferring PS is not reputable, btw.

I just want what was advertised to me from their website. My order was small, 2 10ml of juice, 5 carts, a pilot starter kit and a syringe. At the latest it should have went out Monday and been here today, yet..it's not.

I'm looking at my Njoy box from amazon, which could have fit 4 or 5 of the kits in the box it shipped in and shipping was $4.80. When I checked out, it said 4.80, the usps box says 4.80, no bs "H" charge.

Zep--

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I hear your frustration Zep. My first 2 orders from PS took longer than normal but I placed both during their pack up and move across country time. I placed another order from them on the 20th and am so hoping it comes today. I probably should have let PS answer your question but I know that a lot of companies do it that way. So we'll see what Cash says, if he sees this thread. :)

As a first timer buyer from puresmoker, I have to say so far my experience has not been good. First I pay a double + premium price of $11 for shipping, which based on my order and looking at the USPS site should cost about $4.95 (for a 1 Lb. box, I doubt my shipment weighs anything near that) for 2 day priority mail. Am I getting a decorative $6 box also?

It's been a little over 4 & 1/2 days with no shipping confirmation. My shipment should ave been here yesterday according to what I paid for shipping wise, the mail has already come and gone today and I still have nothing.

I'm sure (well, I hope) it will come eventually, but when it does I won't feel I got what I paid for as far as shipping goes.

I'm sorry they are swamped, but that's not my fault as a customer. 4 hours ago I sent an email asking about the status of my order and have yet to hear anything.

Zep--

I totally can understand your frustration... I am DYING to get my Penstyle and badabing!

BUT... atomizers, juice and carts will never go to waste. Why woudln't you have added a few more things to your order and gotten FREE shipping? Looks like you orderded about $78 worth of stuff and paid $89 for it. You could have spent an extra $10 and gotten TWO more bottles of juice! That is not their fault.. you need to read about shipping costs before ordering next time.

Actually, for most companies that is added to the price of the product. The "H" of the S&H fee is usually some BS charge less than reputable companies tack on for purely profit reasons.

Not inferring PS is not reputable, btw.

I just want what was advertised to me from their website. My order was small, 2 10ml of juice, 5 carts, a pilot starter kit and a syringe. At the latest it should have went out Monday and been here today, yet..it's not.

I'm looking at my Njoy box from amazon, which could have fit 4 or 5 of the kits in the box it shipped in and shipping was $4.80. When I checked out, it said 4.80, the usps box says 4.80, no bs "H" charge.

Zep--

How much did your NJOY cost and how much did your Pilot cost? I looked at the NJOY on Amazon and it looks like $75 is the least expensive. plus you hafta pay the $4.80 shipping.

So $80 for JUST a kit... or $89 for a kit, 5 extra carts, 2 bottles of juice and a syringe.

I am just saying.. that even though it is frustrating to wait (I am DYING here!) it is well worth it :)

Zep--

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
SW Florida
How much did your NJOY cost and how much did your Pilot cost? I looked at the NJOY on Amazon and it looks like $75 is the least expensive. plus you hafta pay the $4.80 shipping.

It has a 1 year warranty, what is PS offering?

Why woudln't you have added a few more things to your order and gotten FREE shipping? Looks like you orderded about $78 worth of stuff and paid $89 for it. You could have spent an extra $10 and gotten TWO more bottles of juice!

Or just drop the "handling charge" and add the profit into the product price. Seriously, I paid more for "Handling" than the cost of shipping.

And I wouldn't be here complaining about it had I gotten what I paid for, but I didn't, so, there you have it. As it is now, my package won't arrive til the earliest, Friday(6 postal days). I had it shipped to my work place, so if it arrives on Saturday, I'm SOL til Monday. That's 10 days (8 postal days) in shipping time to me which I supposed would be 2 or 3 days max.

If i pay a premium price for shipping I expect premium shipping service. Is that too much too ask? Am I being unreasonable?

Zep--

Pocket Aces

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Southern CA
www.cigeasy.com
I am also a first time buyer from puresmoker and placed my order late on 3/20. I received a purchase confirmation from Steve the same day but never did get anything concerning shipment. Does he normaly send shipping info?
Could my order be on its way? I did send an email a few hr's ago with no reply yet.

Zep--

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
SW Florida
BUT... atomizers, juice and carts will never go to waste. Why woudln't you have added a few more things to your order and gotten FREE shipping? Looks like you orderded about $78 worth of stuff and paid $89 for it. You could have spent an extra $10 and gotten TWO more bottles of juice! That is not their fault.. you need to read about shipping costs before ordering next time.

I was OK with what I ordered and OK with the cost, like I said up above somewhere, I would not be here complaining if it had arrived within the 2 or 3 days.

The 10.95 I knew from the start when I placed my order, At the time I didn't want to order anything else because I am new to this and I'm not sure if I am going to stick with it or not.

It's the overall customer satisfaction experience I am dissatisfied with.

Zep--

Zep--

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
SW Florida
I am also a first time buyer from puresmoker and placed my order late on 3/20. I received a purchase confirmation from Steve the same day but never did get anything concerning shipment. Does he normaly send shipping info?
Could my order be on its way? I did send an email a few hr's ago with no reply yet.

I got my shipping confirmation 1/2 hour ago. Maybe yours is on the way. I may have my package on friday and at the worst monday.

Zep--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread