First Impressions of VAMO vs. Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I have a fairly new SS Vamo ViVi and I do not notice any pulsing - I wonder if the electronics for the newer ones have changed? Maybe I just cant tell but I have the MVP too and it sounds the same while vaping - maybe the MVP is a 33hz device too?

The mvp is also a 33hz device. It isn't always clearly heard, it depends on the settings and the atomizing device.

Beequeen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2009
Honolulu
www.flickr.com
Great, unbiased opinion, thank you! I've said this before, but the minute Provari releases a unit with variable wattage, I am going to buy it (black satin, please!). Until then, I am very happy with my toys :). Much better bang for my buck then when I first tried ecigs, back in 2009ish, which is why I went back to smoking in the interim. As they say, anything that keeps you off of analogs is a GREAT thing ;-).

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Ok some Provari owners contend that a 33hz device doesn't vape as well as the Provari. So prove it. I'd like to see a blind test done with any 33hz vs your Provari. Fill a tank, just one, and alternate it between the two mods. Don't use your eyes, hands or wallet to determine the quality of the vape. Blindfold yourself, put in ear plugs if necessary so you cannot hear the Rattlesnake effect, and have a friend fire the mods for you. Then post your results on YouTube.

I own a Provari a Tesla and a Spinner. I've used a Vamo, Zmax, Evic and Lavatube. I contend that when using the same tank and juice there is no difference in vape quality once you found the sweet spot for a particular device. So, show everyone that you can tell the difference between the way your Provari vapes vs another mod.

Any takers? :)
I don't own a Vamo anymore unfortunately, I could tell difference very easily though.
You'd probably need earplugs too - they noise of the vape is also very different.

Defo not a percieved thing for me, the vape difference is very noticable - honestly!

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I don't own a Vamo anymore unfortunately, I could tell difference very easily though.
You'd probably need earplugs too - they noise of the vape is also very different.

Defo not a percieved thing for me, the vape difference is very noticable - honestly!

You don't have to use a Vamo. It can be any 33.3hz mod. It is my contention that you might think it's better psychologically, because your holding it or maybe you think it should be better because of the money you've spent or maybe it's because the Provari is quieter. The challenge shouldn't be difficult if the Provari does have better a better vape quality.

I'll go a step farther and say that if the Provari is that much better, than you should know you that you're vaping a Provari immediately. In other words, in the blind test if the Provari is the first device that is used, you should know immediately.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone will accept my challenge. :)

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I understand the point you are trying to make but it's misguided and not really serious if you won't quantify what it is your supposed test consists of. Without some kind of consistent parameters it's a trivial matter to set the two devices to vape obviously differently. And since it's subjective, you'd have no grounds for disputing the validity of the settings. (PS I don't own a provari)

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I understand the point you are trying to make but it's misguided and not really serious if you won't quantify what it is your supposed test consists of. Without some kind of consistent parameters it's a trivial matter to set the two devices to vape obviously differently. And since it's subjective, you'd have no grounds for disputing the validity of the settings. (PS I don't own a provari)

Ok I thought this was pretty simple. Some Provari owners claim that they can tell the difference in vape quality from 33.3hz mod, like the Vamo, Zmax or Lava tube. All they have to do is setup 1 tank, set each device to where they're satisfied with the vape and then perform the blind test. If they can really tell the difference, as some have claimed, then the results should be immediate. If the first mod they vape from, of the 2, is a Provari, then they won't need to vape the the other mod, because they should know immediately, right?

It's my experience that there is no difference in vape quality. And I contend that the only the only reason that some Provari owners believe there is a difference is purely psychological.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Ok I thought this was pretty simple. Some Provari owners claim that they can tell the difference in vape quality from 33.3hz mod, like the Vamo, Zmax or Lava tube. All they have to do is setup 1 tank, set each device to where they're satisfied with the vape and then perform the blind test. If they can really tell the difference, as some have claimed, then the results should be immediate. If the first mod they vape from, of the 2, is a Provari, then they won't need to vape the the other mod, because they should know immediately, right?

It's my experience that there is no difference in vape quality. And I contend that the only the only reason that some Provari owners believe there is a difference is purely psychological.

You really don't notice a difference in vape between a 33.3hz device and others? Switching from a $25 mech and the VAMO there's quite a noticable difference for me. Not only can I hear and feel the pulsing, I can see it too if I take the cap off a dripper. I notice immediately the difference between the two when vaping. Maybe with tanks it's not so obvious as with my drippers. I also notice a difference when using an eVod though. Maybe some people notice it easier than others?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

I think that's a bit of an insulting remark to be quite honest - just because you haven't detected a difference you imply that the rest of us are weak minded fools.

Nothing psychological about it - the difference is perceivable in a big way.

How long have you been vaping and what's your main device?
Do you use a Provari regularly or have you just tried one?

I know there's a difference and I don't think it necessary to go to the trouble of making a video just to show you how wrong you are.

If you're happy vaping your 33.3hz mods then carry on - ignorance is bliss so they say.

Last edited:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I think that's a bit of an insulting remark to be quite honest - just because you haven't detected a difference you imply that the rest of us are weak minded fools.

How long have you been vaping and what's your main device?
Do you use a Provari regularly or have you just tried one?

I know there's a difference and I don't think it necessary to go to the trouble of making a video just to show you how wrong you are.

If you're happy vaping your 33.3hz mods then carry on - ignorance is bliss so they say.

I own a Provari and a Tesla. I've been vaping since march and I've used a Vamo, Zmax and an Evic. If the Provari does have a better vape quality, then why wouldn't you want to show everyone and prove me wrong? You'd also be doing Provape a huge favor by showing everyone that the Provari is indeed superior to all of the other mods. Not just because of it's build quality or reliability or it's support. You could now tell everyone that it's performance is also unmatched.

I don't really care if you're insulted. Owners like you insult perspective buyers with your ridiclous statements. I thought all owners like you would be lining up to prove I'm wrong. So what's the problem? Afraid that I'm right?

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
Actually pbusardo did a review on it, and numbers are spoken about. It was for the v2, not the current 2.5 that is available which doesn't have the negatives he speaks of. However, what's interesting to me about any vamo vs. provari discussion is the fact that ppl who own both end up having the vamo become their backup device. I have yet to see a post where someone says their provari is their backup device because they would rather use a vamo. Why is that? I'm not talking about ppl who switch to mech mods, they're in a different category imo and technically not a part of the topic which the op spoke of...

A PBusardo Review - The Provari V2 - Provape - YouTube

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I don't have the means of making a video; don't own a video recorder. And I wouldn't have the motivation to make one just to prove a point that one device vapes better than another. How would a video accomplish that anyway? Side by side graph or chart comparisons? PBusardo has already done that and proven that the Provari has the flatest voltage of any APV he has tested. Vape satisfaction is subjective to the user. Not every vapor will notice the difference. Many do, and I am one of them.

I purchased two variable voltage APVs in an attempt to replace my standard size Provari (18650) for out & about use. It was on the heavy side and not particularly pocket-worthy, but doable. I wanted to find something shorter and more light weight but still offered the vape experience that I had become accustomed to with the full size Provari.

I spent considerable time using a Smoktech V-V Gripper (18650) and Segelei/Ovale V8 (2-18350 paired up). They fit two of my criteria - they were shorter and more light weight. However, I found that I was beginning to grab for my Provari for when I would make a run to the grocery or other short trips. The reason? I preferred it's vaping experience over the other two, despite the fact that I did prefer the form factor chacteristics of the other two mods.

I ended up rewarding myself a Mini Provari (18350) for my 1 year aniversary being smoke-free. It accomplishes all three criteria for my out & about expectations. It's short, light in weight, and it vapes like a Provari (because it IS one).

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I own a Provari and a Tesla. I've been vaping since march and I've used a Vamo, Zmax and an Evic. If the Provari does have a better vape quality, then why wouldn't you want to show everyone and prove me wrong? You'd also be doing Provape a huge favor by showing everyone that the Provari is indeed superior to all of the other mods. Not just because of it's build quality or reliability or it's support. You could now tell everyone that it's performance is also unmatched.

I don't really care if you're insulted. Owners like you insult perspective buyers with your ridiclous statements. I thought all owners like you would be lining up to prove I'm wrong. So what's the problem? Afraid that I'm right?

Just watch a review of both (pbusardo's for example), watch the output signal, watch how the provari is accurate on a single battery (boosting) and hits all it's power limits, listen to the lack of pulsing noise. Vamo's/zmax's/teslas aren't super accurate or near their advertised power unless they are stepping down on two batteries, they also don't fire a 1 ohm coil which is odd since their amp limit should allow them to with no issue.

If vw makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, that's fine. If provari's aren't worth the money to you, that's fine. If whatever you vape at whatever power doesn't seem different, more power to you. The provari has a smooth accurate output, the 33.3's don't have a smooth output and it's not super accurate boosting. Vape what you like.

Been vaping since a bit before march and had a few things myself.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

Since March?

I bow to your superior knowledge of vaping and devices - all three months of it.

How long ago since you stopped smoking?
I can only surmise that your taste buds are still screwed from the Cigarettes.

You insult prospective buyers based on your complete lack of knowledge and refusal to believe in what the rest of us have been saying, none of us have to prove anything to you or anybody else for that matter.

Last edited:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Ok let's try this again, because no one seems to be reading or comprehending my posts.

If I tell you that out of 6 glasses of beer I can tell you immediately which one is the brand I always drink, and you challenge me, I'd better get it right as soon as I drink from the glass with my favorite beer, right?

Some Provari owners here are claiming essentially the same thing. They (and you) are saying that they can tell the difference between the Provari's vape vs a Vamo or a Zmax or an Evic. It's my contention that there is no difference. I have a Tesla and a Provari sitting right here and there is no difference in vape quality when using the same tank and juice on both mods

And yes I know that taste comes into play here. But you can put 20 glasses of beer in front of me and I can tell you which one is Labatt blue as soon as drink it. I can do the same thing for Crown Royal or Coca-Cola. People have tried to test me and I've been right every time.

So when some Provari owners tell me and everyone else that a Provari vapes better than everything else, and that they can tell the difference between a Provari and another mod, I feel that they should have no problem showing everyone. The blindfolded test ensures that the mod being tested can't be seen, and the ear plugs ensure that the 33.3hz mod can't be heard. Having a friend hold the mod and fire it for you when you vape, ensures that you can't feel the mod. All of these steps ensure that the Provari owner can only choose the Provari by vape quality.

As I've said before, I believe that the vaping quality issue is just psychological. And I find it interesting that no one who has claimed that the Provari vapes better has taken my challenge. :)

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Since March?

I bow to your superior knowledge of vaping and devices - all three months of it.

How long ago since you stopped smoking?
I can only surmise that your taste buds are still screwed from the Cigarettes.

You insult prospective buyers based on your complete lack of knowledge and refusal to believe in what the rest of us have been saying, none of us have to prove anything to you or anybody else for that matter.

When you or anyone else makes a claim that a Provari vapes better then another device, yes you do have to prove it. Or else your statement is worthless. And because I've been vaping since March my taste buds are still screwed up? Lmao!!! If you're so sure I'm wrong then show me, what are you afraid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread