Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Ok, so you are unwilling to speak about any of the pros of the provari that are "in the public domain?"

Not at all - but it's better to have the Provari side do that. I'm sure from what I have read here that it's an excellent device with many merits. So is the Vamo - I own 2 and love them.

No point in perpetuating this. If we're going to play "who gets the last word" though I should warn you that I am a powerhouse of stamina and energy in this regard. :)

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I actually prefer going down the "factual" route as opposed to "adversarial" route.
I've owned a couple of Provari's and owned a Vamo.

Both the Provari's I've owned have been rock solid, the build quality is unrivaled and they are dependable to an extreme degree.
The flat regulated output of the Provari gives a top notch and smooth vape.

The Vamo is also a good device but the build quality is lacking as is it's reliability, it's a good device for the money but it's somewhat disposable.

The Variable wattage feature is not actually as precise as the voltage feature because of the .5 increments, it obviously doesn't take into account the fact that various devices behave completely differently at the same wattage.
I've also experienced voltage "spikes" on the Vamo that can pop a coil - the Provari doesn't do this.

If you want a device that won't let you down in your quest to stay off Cigarettes then the Provari is it.
If it's a backup you're looking for then a Vamo is for you, I'd never own a single Vamo as I've seen way too many broken copies.

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
Not at all - but it's better to have the Provari side do that. I'm sure from what I have read here that it's an excellent device with many merits. So is the Vamo - I own 2 and love them.

No point in perpetuating this. If we're going to play "who gets the last word" though I should warn you that I am a powerhouse of stamina and energy in this regard. :)

Fair enough. You may be a powerhouse of stamina, but you don't have enough stamina to with stand a community. ;)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I actually prefer going down the "factual" route as opposed to "adversarial" route.
I've owned a couple of Provari's and owned a Vamo.

Both the Provari's I've owned have been rock solid, the build quality is unrivaled and they are dependable to an extreme degree.
The flat regulated output of the Provari gives a top notch and smooth vape.

The Vamo is also a good device but the build quality is lacking as is it's reliability, it's a good device for the money but it's somewhat disposable.

The Variable wattage feature is not actually as precise as the voltage feature because of the .5 increments, it obviously doesn't take into account the fact that various devices behave completely differently at the same wattage.
I've also experienced voltage "spikes" on the Vamo that can pop a coil - the Provari doesn't do this.

If you want a device that won't let you down in your quest to stay off Cigarettes then the Provari is it.
If it's a backup you're looking for then a Vamo is for you, I'd never own a single Vamo as I've seen way too many broken copies.

Interesting stuff. You're right about wattage and increments on the Vamo. However, it's a handy setting if you swap different "toppers" with any frequency as it adjusts to the resistance of the new one. I often swap over my Octopus, Evod and Protank and it's a remarkably "fiddle-free" transition.

I haven't experienced the voltage spikes you mention but I'll watch out for that.

Did your Vamo die? What happened to it? Or is it still a handy backup to your main device?

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Interesting stuff. You're right about wattage and increments on the Vamo. However, it's a handy setting if you swap different "toppers" with any frequency as it adjusts to the resistance of the new one. I often swap over my Octopus, Evod and Protank and it's a remarkably "fiddle-free" transition.

I haven't experienced the voltage spikes you mention but I'll watch out for that.

Did your Vamo die? What happened to it? Or is it still a handy backup to your main device?

My Vamo was a good one but I sold it a few months back, I have an Evic with Kir Fanis tubes now - they're broken fairly easily but the output is flatter than the Vamo - I find it provides a smoother vape.

When I used certain clearos at the same voltage on both Vamo and Provari, the Vamo would give me Nic dizzies whereas the Provari didn't - put this down to the frequency though it wasn't proven.

Sometimes, when pulsing coils on the Vamo to remove hotspots, the whole coil would glow very brightly and pop, there was definitely a substantial increase of power occurring - I tried this on a couple of the Vamo's I was repairing and they also did this.

The Vamo is great, I just don't entirely trust it as a main device.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
My Vamo was a good one but I sold it a few months back, I have an Evic with Kir Fanis tubes now - they're broken fairly easily but the output is flatter than the Vamo - I find it provides a smoother vape.

When I used certain clearos at the same voltage on both Vamo and Provari, the Vamo would give me Nic dizzies whereas the Provari didn't - put this down to the frequency though it wasn't proven.

Sometimes, when pulsing coils on the Vamo to remove hotspots, the whole coil would glow very brightly and pop on the Vamo, there was definitely a substantial increase of power occurring - I tried this on a couple of the Vamo's I was repairing and they also did this.

The Vamo is great, I just don't entirely trust it as a main device.

Thanks - that's all good info.. I'll watch out for those power spikes - forewarned is forearmed. :)

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Ok some Provari owners contend that a 33hz device doesn't vape as well as the Provari. So prove it. I'd like to see a blind test done with any 33hz vs your Provari. Fill a tank, just one, and alternate it between the two mods. Don't use your eyes, hands or wallet to determine the quality of the vape. Blindfold yourself, put in ear plugs if necessary so you cannot hear the Rattlesnake effect, and have a friend fire the mods for you. Then post your results on YouTube.

I own a Provari a Tesla and a Spinner. I've used a Vamo, Zmax, Evic and Lavatube. I contend that when using the same tank and juice there is no difference in vape quality once you found the sweet spot for a particular device. So, show everyone that you can tell the difference between the way your Provari vapes vs another mod.

Any takers? :)

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I'd say it depends on the atomizing device. I have seen a difference in power handling between high frequency and 33hz devices when used with certain coil-wick setups. If you are operating both within the ability of the coil-wick setup to handle the power level, when you will probably not see much difference, rattlesnake effect aside.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I will pass on the blind taste test. I own a lavatube, (used to) own a Vamo, an eVic, and a Provari. The vape quality was Provari>eVic>Lavatube>Vamo. I sold my Vamo to a newer user and he loves it. Just like I did before I got my eVic. The vapor quality of any juice from the same atomizer was clearly different from the mods. The eVic has a documented flatter voltage. The 4 volt signal from the eVic has some modulation, but the Vamo has a 6 volt signal 75% of the time and a 0 volt signal 25% of the time. It is just a proven and pretty well documented fact.

Maybe some folks cannot taste the difference, I can. While I thought the vapor quality of the eVic was great (it is), it is no comparison to the ProVari. Add to that the reliability of the ProVari and the excellent service you get from ProVape, the extra money seems like a real value. While I still use and like my eVic, if I have an issue I don't have any options for service.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Ed numbers mean nothing in this test. If you're so convinced that the Provari vapes better, and that you can tell the difference as you've stated, then my challenge should be easy for you, right? :)

Numbers mean everything. At the very least you need to set parameters for the test and those parameters can determine the results.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I'd say it depends on the atomizing device. I have seen a difference in power handling between high frequency and 33hz devices when used with certain coil-wick setups. If you are operating both within the ability of the coil-wick setup to handle the power level, when you will probably not see much difference, rattlesnake effect aside.

I agree that using different types of tanks will yield different results. Example: if you're using a carto tank on a Provari, and a Protank on the 33.3hz mod there's going to be a difference. But if the same tank is used on both I contend that you won't be able to tell the difference in vape quality once you've found the sweet spot for both. If Provari owners are right, then this challenge should be easy. Not only will it be easy, but they'd be doing Provape a huge service by showing everyone that they're not just paying for a quality piece, but a better vaping experience than other mods can deliver or provide. :)

Actually any owner can try this with any mod they own. :)

Last edited:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Numbers mean everything. At the very least you need to set parameters for the test and those parameters can determine the results.

Numbers on an oscilloscope mean nothing. You set the sweet spot on each device and vape. Then you perform the test. It's not difficult. :)

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I agree that using different types of tanks will yield different results. Example: if you're using a carto tank on a Provari, and a Protank on the 33.3hz mod there's going to be a difference. But if the same tank is used on both I contend that you won't be able to tell the difference in vape quality once you've found the sweet spot for both. If Provari owners are right, then this challenge should be easy. Not only will it be easy, but they'd be doing Provape a huge service by showing everyone that they're not just paying for for a quality piece, but a better vaping experience than other mods can deliver or provide. :)

Actually any owner can try this with any mod they own. :)

I meant the same device, but it depends on the device and how you are running it. I noticed it most with dripping atomizers; cartos and especially carto tanks are resistant to some of these heat-related touchiness issues because they are effectively large coolant reservoirs surrounding the coil and wick.

Numbers on an oscilloscope mean nothing. You set the sweet spot on each device and vape. Then you perform the test. It's not difficult.

Boy that's even a less meaningful test that I thought you were proposing. How do you define "sweet spot"? If it's just subjective then the entire concept of a test is lost.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I don't own a ProVari, but I recently got into mechanicals and have owned a VAMO for a while. I've found a noticabe difference in quality of vape. Nothing so much to do with flavor, but the overall feel. I've noticed with rebuildable drippers on the VAMO, with the cap off the vape comes off the coil in rapid puffs, while the straight current of the mech produces a smooth production of vapor. I definately notice the difference when vaping, and use my VAMO much less now.

My VAMO was my first APV, and I don't regret at all the thirty something bucks I spent on it. It's been a fine intro into the world past eGos, but I don't plan on ever ordering one again when this one dies.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
The sweet spot is where the juice tastes best to that person on a particular device. My contention is that you won't be able to tell which device is a Provari vs another 33.3hz device when using the same tank. Some Provari owners are claiming that they can tell us, by the quality of the vape, which mod is a Provari. If this is true then this test should be easy for them. :)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
T, you're getting cranky and no fun at your age.

Just messing with you. ;) Enjoy the popcorn, it's free. :pop:

Yea after dealing with a certain person at the shop this kind of chat does make this old man a bit cranky. As put on my new LIL Momma red tank filled with HHV sweet swish on top of ONE of the new provari's that came in today. This one happens to be Cherry red and has a little brother along with it. Haven't touched the other two new ones yet. Just not enough time in the day..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread