First mix!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimkipila

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Pontiac, mi
So I made my first mix using Capella flavorings. :) Letting it steep first, but I made a vanilla cake batter. 50/50 12mg nic 7.5mL and used Vanilla Custard, French Vanilla, and Cake Batter flavs. I'll keep you guys updated on how it turns out. I'm excited! Just bought all the stuff and 10 flavors to start me off into the world of the DIY juicers. Any tips for a newbie juicer? I'm a very experienced vaper. Love building intricate coils and also love being a reonaut. Just love the vape world and ECF in general, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
Welcome to the wacky world of DIY.

Definitely agree with Danny. I always taste after a good shaking. You may find that some flavors have little if any change when steeped.

Good idea going for the small quantity for your first mix. I make 3 ml testers before making larger quantities, and I also make 3 ml testers of each flavor. This way, I can see what I do and don't like before ruining a mix and figure out at what percentage I prefer. It is time consuming, but before I did this, I ended up with a lot of wasted juice because one flavor that was in a lot of the recipes was one that was yuck-o to me and favored by many.

Enjoy diy!

Lotuse2003

Moved On
May 27, 2014
Steeping methods can make a huge difference. Ultrasonic is preferable, but the cheap alternative is to heat (stove, microwave) some water well above room temp but not close to boiling either. (150-175 if you have a food thermometer) then let the juice soak in that, shaking every 20 minutes for the first hour, then let it sit another 4-5 hours for complex flavors. I have a small crock pot that keeps the water at 173, so this is great for me. I keep it on my mixing station desk for easy access.

jimkipila

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Pontiac, mi
how about some samples for your taste tester volunteers

yep it was so good I had to get to the bottom of it to figure it out.

there is always got to be, at least one smart###

Yes! Once I get some decent mixes. I'll send a few samples out to you crazy diyers so you can tell me how to make it good. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
oh now you've opened up a can-o-worms , you'll never be the same , good bye internet juice ...good bye B&M juice , mixing juice for $1.53 per 30ml bottle is a slippery slope one cannot climb back up......welcome to the club , my tip try this calculator http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/480587-new-calculator-try.html
it keeps up with your recipes and or notes plus inventory and even gives you your cost per bottle and hotrod keeps it updated and adds our suggestions if they are needed and if you get good enough it has the ability to print fancy lables to show off what a great mixer you've become have fun my friend

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread