First Puresmoker Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalise

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Houston, TX
Today I placed an order for a Protege and registered here at the forum. I am new to dripping, but not to vaping. I watched a video on dripping made by the man himself, Steve. From what I understood after reading around is that one is aiming to drip the e-juice onto the wire/wicking of the atomizer. Steve just seemed to drip it in there without caution. Anyone care to fill me in?
Also do the batteries come charged and if so is calibrating recommended? I'm sure I won't have it for a while because I ordered one with a 510 atty which I guess Puresmoker is waiting on but I want to be prepared. Thanks

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jalise,

I got my protege in last night (and it's awesome, you won't be disappointed), but the batteries took 4 hours to charge, so definitely don't come charged. As for the dripping, I had figure this out too... luckily it comes with some decent instructions, and what I do is drip a drop at a time onto the attie, and once it soaks in, drop more... I've been dripping about 3-4 drops, and that lasts for 10-15 minutes for me.

Hope this helps!

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
I use carts with the Protege. I use a 901 whistle tip with both the 901 and 510 and it works just fine. I was never a big fan of dripping because it always made such a mess if you over dripped. That said, I have been dripping a little since I got the Protege and I have to say the overflow reservoir in the adapter is pure genius!!

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
As long as the liquid get's in there, you're pretty much okay. I would suggest limiting it to 2-3 drips at a time. I find this keeps the atty from flooding and also cuts down on the amount of juice that leaks out of the atty and has to be cleaned out of the well. My current drip method is to put one drop directly on the bridge and then one or two drops down the inside wall of the atty. This is what works for me, you just have to experiment and find what works for you.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
As long as the liquid get's in there, you're pretty much okay. I would suggest limiting it to 2-3 drips at a time. I find this keeps the atty from flooding and also cuts down on the amount of juice that leaks out of the atty and has to be cleaned out of the well. My current drip method is to put one drop directly on the bridge and then one or two drops down the inside wall of the atty. This is what works for me, you just have to experiment and find what works for you.

Cut back to 2 drops, working great! LOTS of vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread