Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Good advice!

I do label my bottles which includes the DOB, NIC, PG/VG and sometimes recipe info... if I can't add recipe info (too long etc) I use the recipe name. I keep a vape Journal with reference info, what I buy/where/cost, details on each 'recipe' I made (which are named), etc. I don't want to find some sort of super juice that I love, and not be able to replicate it. I also go back and revisit flavors after a while and add that to the record.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
So... it's 1 week later.

The honey does seem to change a little over time, in a good way, but not very much change... it just seemed to get a little stronger, which I thought was the opposite of what I expected.

I have smoked only Killer Juice for the last week... pre-mixed Blueberry straight up in a big 6mL bottom coil glass tank on a mod... self-mixed blueberry+honey in a little 2mL tank on various eGo-ish batteries. basically the following which is listed for 30mL batches.

7mL of base (90% PG, 10% NIC)
1.5mL Blueberry Flavor
1.5mL Honey Flavor
20mL VG

I have a bit of a pre-steep system that some wouldn't like... but it was basically air-stone bubbled for 30 minutes while gently heated, which continued for about 2 hours, reaching 145F then removed from heat and capped. Yesterday I measured the NIC at 24mg/mL+/-2mg/mL.

In comparison, the pre-mixed BB would probably take 15-25% of the BB flavor to reproduce, but it's hard to tell given I don't add any PG to my mixes (right now). I have moved KJ's Blueberry to the top of my un-tainted BB roster! <-- Since BB is my favorite flavor and my ADV, that says a lot about how much I like blueberries. I never knew how much I liked blueberries until I started vaping, btw.

I don't kid myself though... I figure the KJ Blueberry Flavoring is a re-brand of a flavor by some 'big company'... I don't care, for all I know KJ has little fairy-vipers that spit tasty venom in their flavors late at night when everyone is sleeping... whatever makes it be #1 on my list is whatever it is and not my concern.

As a side note: The watermelon flavoring turned out to be exactly the type my 'way much better half' was looking for, however she is burned out on it right now.

If I had to sum up my experience in fewer words, perhaps a single sentence, it would be the following.

"Having tried a few of their juices AND a few of Killer Juices flavorings,.. I now appreciate and understand why they have a following."​

Last edited:

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
"I figure the KJ Blueberry Flavoring is a re-brand of a flavor by some 'big company'"

Jimmy, I'm pretty sure I read that Walt makes his own natural flavors.

Yep... not a re-brand... Waltie makes all the flavorings himself

I didn't realize that. I looked on killer-juice.com, but I couldn't find anything about it. The blog is empty, and there wasn't an 'about us' type page either, now I know.

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
JimmyDB,

A couple of projects that I know are on Walt's (and his helpers') list:

1) FAQS (he's added a few basic ones already),
2) Blog (Walt started a thread for us to give him ideas for blog entries
3) Completing/adding descriptions for all the pre-mixed flavors

All are in progress, but as you can see from Walt's frequent posts, he keeps busy running the website, creating new flavors, and managing the lab and his B&M store, interacting with us, and taking care of customer service issues. (I'm convinced he rarely sleeps.) Some of these side projects, while important to him, tend to be "spare time" activities.

Walt posted a bit about the history of the company early in the main thread: his main business is (or maybe "was", as much time as he spends with KJ now) making flavors for foods & beverages. The company makes all its own flavor extracts, except the tobacco.

This probably would be better in Walt's own words, but the way he told me the story, he had a friend suggest that he should try his hand at ejuice and started experimenting. After deciding the juice was pretty darn good, he decided to start selling KJ online. I believe the online business has been operating since just before Christmas 2013.

Killer Juice has come a long way since then and has built quite a following. I've seen his ecf community grow from a handful of early adopters to a steady stream of new Minions. Walt continues to experiment, listen to feedback from his customers, and make tweaks to the juices and his business.

Last edited:

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Killer Juice has come a long way since then and has built quite a following. I've seen his ecf community grow from a handful of early adopters to a steady stream of new Minions. Walt continues to experiment, listen to feedback from his customers, and make tweaks to the juices and his business.

As far as the website, even if it doesn't have the kind of info I normally jump right in to (about us, etc), I do like how clean the layout is.

Thanks! All great info. I may need to donate a little minion time in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread