First post...five days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo thatch

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
MA/NH
Hi All,
So glad I found this forum....now obsessed with reading! Decided it was time after 40 years to stop the nasty smoking habit. Figured I would go all out and buy a Bloog MaxxFusion as it had such great reviews. The more money that I spent the more likely I would make myself do this! Love my choice!

Had a hard time day 3 but survived Still smoking one analog before bed but will try to get rid of that soon. Have tried Red 6mg. and Chocolate 11mg. Like them both. Formerly a Merit UL (Blue) smoker about 16-18/day. So far so good!:p

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Congratulations and welcome. Reading is good. The more information you can get the better. Don't beat yourself up about the analog- take it at you own pace. think, instead, of how many you are not smoking! If you have a rough time, come onto the forums or check out the live chat. Good luck and, again, congrats and welcome.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I started at 24mg and then tried to drop to 18mg. I found myself going from 6 analogs a day back to 10 and 15. Still, that's better than 40-50. I told myself I would take up to a year to quit and dropped to 6 a day the first week.

Yep, think about the progess you have made and go up to 24mg for a while. You can always mix the same or similar flavors in lower mg strengths with 24mg to obtain a lower mg value if you find 24mg to be too high. Equal amounts of 12mg and 24mg = 18mg. Just add the two together in equal parts and divide the combined mg total by 2.

Good info here: The ECF Library

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I stared with 18Mg and that just wasn't enough unless I chain vaped. Switched to 24Mg and even have some 36Mg for the really bad analog attacks. I haven't had a analog since, almost 2 weeks now. If your still getting a real strong urge for an analog after vaping then get some stronger juice.

Congrats your progress so far!

lo thatch

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
MA/NH
Actually doing well on the 11mg. Love the chocolate so much.
I was curious and ordered some cartridges from Vapor4Life and attached several different ones to the MaxxFusion battery. What a disappointment. Very light flavor, little vapor and it was like sucking on a straw. Guess I learned a $50.00 lesson. Will only order from Bloog. Maybe that's why I don't think I need a higher level of nicotice. These seem much stronger than the V4L 8mgs.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Congratulations lo thatch! If you are safe and happy with 11mg then stick with it.....

...but, if it's a struggle in any way just remember to try a higher mg before you give up altogether. If you find yourself thinking fondly of smoking from time to time it's probably a sign that you could stand to raise the mg's just a tad.

Scooter70

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hershey,Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum! This is a great place with great people and support.Like some of the other suggestions I would try to up the nicotine level a little...maybe at night,since that's the time you do have an analog,but don't beat yourself up over it,your time will come when you don't even want one,so hang tight and enjoy vaping....It's so much better than lighting up a cigarette!

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Welcome and Congrats.
My habit was similar to yours and I have to agree with the others, you will need higher doses of nicotine. Nicotine doesn't work the same vaping as it does with cigs. You will find yourself wanting to vape more often than you smoked, your body will let you know. Hang in there and good luck.

I started January 21 and agree with this. At first I sort of had as many "vapes" as I would cigarettes. It just wasn't enough so I upped the nic a little and it's better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread