Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Nothing wrong with either. Personally I like the tugboat v2 a lot more than my velocity clone. Just get more flavor out of it for the basic dual coils I use most of the time. Sure the velocity is easy to build on, but its not like a 3 post RDA is difficult, and its chamber is so large I don't really get great flavor out of regular simple 2.5mm ID dual coils.

Reactions: sonicbomb

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
awesome, thanks a lot guys! also as a side not dont suppose anyone has an off the cuff recommendation for an upgrade power wise, looking for an affordable 70-100watt ish device!
The iStick 100W can be had for like $35 at some places.

Oh and I definitely side with the Tugboat V2 if you're after flavor.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I've got both of them and, although they are both great RDAs, I am surprised that any knowledgable vaper would recommend the Tugboat as a first dripper over the Velocity. The Velocity is easier to build and has far greater airflow options. The tugboat requires purchase of an additional top-cap to make it wide-bore, but the Velocity comes with this already.

Hands down, if only getting one of these two RDAs, the Velocity should be the one.

Reactions: jmercury1

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
That's kind of a condescending post, Dave. Is the Velocity easier to build? Sure, I s'pose it is but the Tugboat V2 is capable of single coil which might be easier to deal with for someone new to RDAs. And why do you need a wide bore option? Not only that but unless you're rocking Claptons or another complicated type build and running a lot of power through it, that Velocity is not going to match the Tug for flavor IMO.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
That's kind of a condescending post, Dave. Is the Velocity easier to build? Sure, I s'pose it is but the Tugboat V2 is capable of single coil which might be easier to deal with for someone new to RDAs. And why do you need a wide bore option? Not only that but unless you're rocking Claptons or another complicated type build and running a lot of power through it, that Velocity is not going to match the Tug for flavor IMO.
OK, sorry. I do have claptons in my Velocity right now. So it could be that I am wrong and just haven't experienced what a low-power build is like on the Velocity.

I have both authentic Tugboat v2 and Velocity. My Tugboat v2 is much older and has been fitted with a steamstack wide-bore cap from flawless. This makes the tugboat a dual-coil RDA, like the Velocity. I can easily drip both of them without removing the top cap. The Velocity top-cap locks into place, though, with the airflow directly in front of the coils. I think this is a better design. The Velocity also allows minute airflow adjustments, if desired, which is not really an option on the Tugboat if fitted wide-bore. The Velocity post design allows for a center-build every time, without any coil sharing a post hole with another coil. The coil doesn't need to be pushed into place either, if a center-build is desired... it is already there. The Velocity is really a newer, more-refined design.

Although older, the Tugboat v2 is a great RDA also. It just doesn't have the newer features that the Velocity includes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread