Status
Not open for further replies.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I mentioned my wife's button debacle earlier in this thread. Yesterday we received a brand new Provape v2.0 out of the blue, with a prepaid return label for her old one. They also sent her about 6 samples of their liquid. Again, great customer service.

We can't tell the difference between the two units (v1 and 2), so the changes are all internal, bunch of safety stuff as I expected (you can read about them on Provape now), luckily the cutoff is a 16 second cut off, great for pocket misfires but doesn't mess with performance, unless you have the lungs of an elephant. The button works flawlessly as well.

Krickster

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
texas
www.thecommerceguild.com
I have been researching HVs due to my need to graduate from 510 megas into true vaporland. Although the 510 megas last much longer than the standard 510 batts, I want more with additional umph!

I was originally interested in the Makos (electronicstix.com). The immediate appeal was that they have a locking mechanism for pocketing and such (falling asleep with it mistakenly still in a pocket is not fun). The only thing that turned me off about the Makos was the switch position (located on the end).

Then I found the ProVape-1. Now, my issues are reversed. I like the button location, but there are no switch locking mechanisms or "OFF" features. It also does not offer variable voltage to 5v or 6v (other less expensive devices offer this).

I purchased some other items on their site (LR 510 cartos in the hopes of getting more from my 510 megas), but decided to hold off on the ProVape-1 for now.

Does anyone know if they plan on introducing a locking or "OFF" mechanism anytime soon?

FWIW, I am also contemplating the XHaler. Although, the ProVape-1 would be my choice if not for the lack of this feature.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Krickster

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
texas
www.thecommerceguild.com
Interestingly, I just found the ECF article about this and their proposed "ECF Interim Mod Safety Specification" (EIMSS). Included is a "Kill Switch" spec.

If the ProVape-1 had a kill switch, I would be grabbing 2 right now (wife and I).

Again, any info on ProVape's intentions to implement this is appreciated.

Ken

Swipple

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Salt Lake City
Krickster,

The new v2 does have a kill switch, I was the victim of a pocket misfire so this was a big deal to me as well. as far as variable voltage IMHO this has become moot with the introduction of LR Atty's and Carto's. I have a Chameleon from IKENVAPE that is capable of variable power but rarely use it anymore. Thought I would just give a little bit of info for ya.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
No physical kill switch on v2, buuut....

The 16 second cut off on the new v2 is sort of a kill switch, not sure why they even added that feature, but by the time 16 seconds rolls around during a pocket misfire, your atty will pop and that in turn will act as a kill switch.... rofl :facepalm:

Anyway, variable voltage is moot for me as well after trying everything to find out that 510@5v is my own vape heaven, do not want 3 or 6 or anything else, not going to pay for the extra parts or carry their extra weight around, or wait for them to break. LR 510's @3.7 are about the closest thing to it but just not the same IMO, they're juice hogs, don't ask me why they are and 5v is not, maybe because I have a large number of leaky LR's, but they seam to burn hotter and I can really taste it in my juice, burnt like 6v.

Last edited:

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Wanted to add, A good thing about variable voltage is that they most likely use a voltage booster that delivers a constant voltage until the battery is dead. The booster is like my dream come true, total hit consistency throughout the life of the battery. Nothing makes me want a smoke more than a huge power drop, particularly with 14500 and 10440 devices. Add a 5v booster and you have yourself a true champ. I've already built myself one, but if you can find a device that uses only one battery but delivers 5v, grab it up. Any "5v" device that uses 2 batts is just resistor'd or regulated down from 6 or 7v, they work great too but will eventually experience a power drop, plus the added size wait and hassle of 2 batts, etc. The same thing would probably apply to any variable device using 2 batts.

Last edited:

Krickster

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
texas
www.thecommerceguild.com
...your atty will pop and that in turn will act as a kill switch...

:lol::lol::lol:

Although, I would think that the Amp limiting and Therm Monitoring would shut it off before it got to that point. No?

Also, I hope the Amp limiting doesn't affect the use of LRs on this mod.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
:lol::lol::lol:

Although, I would think that the Amp limiting and Therm Monitoring would shut it off before it got to that point. No?

Also, I hope the Amp limiting doesn't affect the use of LRs on this mod.

Ken
I'm no engineer but therm monitoring and amp limiting sounds pretty straight forward, I'm guessing the thing will simply shut off if it gets too hot, pulls too many amps, and/or is stuck on for at least 16 seconds. Either way doesn't sound the same as cutting power manually by kill switch or removing the atty, so you can avoid affecting the atty or battery. The way they thought this thing out, I'm guessing kill switch may have been on their list but just wouldn't fit after the PCB and components were in. I personally think a kill switch would have been better than all this effort though, this is not a stacked batt device, it's always possible but there are no stories of 14500's exploding that I know of. If you ask me, this device is a result of the community acting up over safety features after a series of stacked batt accidents. There may be some redundancy IMO but it's built to make money, that's my 2¢ anyway. The device could have benefited if the manufacturer stalled long enough to see that variable and profile sharing devices were about to take over, wouldn't be surprised if they are already looking into it or working on it right now.

larrball

Dec 18, 2009
Show me state.
My provape-1
ProVape1Base-1.jpg

Frist off im not a fan of 3.7v devices,but after 1 year of drops and abuse
i have to say this device work's as well as it did out of the box. (per say)

NO i don't know the seller like most do.
And i'm not endorsing.
but after 1 year im still happy.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread