Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Just did my first 5 ml test.

Got some flavoring, nic. base, PG and VG from Vapor Shots today. Good prices, fast delivery and excellent packaging.

I'd picked up some flavorings at a local cake shop last weekend. Several LorAnn concentrates and a store brand (Sweet Wise) cheesecake flavor that the clerk said was the same as LA but cheaper. Not so sure about that one, as you'll see.

Decided to try the cheesecake. Mixed up a 12 mg 5 ml batch with 5% flavoring, 50/50 PG/VG.. Shook it for a few minutes then dropped some in an atty and, uh, it didn't taste like cheesecake.

It tasted like...

Moonshine.

Not bad moonshine, but moonshine nonetheless. Not a bad flavor, but not cheesecake.

So I decided to add about the same amount of LA Bavarian Cream. Shook it for a while and dripped a little more.

The flavor?

Uhhhhh... Kinda like a Bavarian Cream donut.

Yeah, like a Bavarian Cream donut.

Dunked in moonshine instead of coffee.

Again, not bad, just not what was intended. Well, not horrible, but not really what you'd call good.

So I heated some water, popped the top off and set it inside for some steeping. I'll do another hot water cycle or two when I get home tonight and see if it still sucks in the morning.

Oh, and I left the lid off of the SweetWise flavoring also...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
LOL. Nice - you're already creating your own line. I might want to try some "Moonshine Donut".

I'm just one or two DIY attempts in, and shopping for flavors - they're relatively cheap, so I'm sticking with known stuff!!
No need for cake shop - check out RTSVapes, WizardLabs, MyFreedomSmokes, and EcigExpress. More flavorings than you can shake a stick at. Vapor Shots looks ok, just a LITTLE limited on the flavors...
From what I can tell so far, RTS has the best inventory - I keep finding the ones I want out of stock at Wizard for instance...

Tufsurf

Sep 4, 2013
Winnetka Ca
Steep & Time & patience. 3 must have ingredients for flavor. Ive been mixing a lot of different flavors (exclusively TFA) for about 3 weeks now. it takes a minimum 5 days to get the intended flavor. mix it, shake the shyte out of it and leave it alone for 4 days... shake it again, pull the cap and dropper let it sit one more day. that should eliminate the moonshine effect. more time the mellower it gets. thats my experience so far hope it helps.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I'm guessing that "moonshine" taste is the alcohol base. Let it sit with the cap off for a good while. Also, with so many flavor concentrate vendors why do to a cake shop? Check out the flavorers apprentice, vaping zone, capellas, flavor west, etc.
My wife does some baking from time to time, custom wedding cakes, birthday cakes, stuff like that. So when we stopped by there last weekend I snagged some flavoring.

The have a huge rack of LorAnn flavors, and a huge bottle of their house brand (2.5 oz I think) is slightly more than the LorAnn small bottles. Dude said they were basically the same. Not sure he was correct.

Ingredients are PG, water, ethyl alcohol (aka in TN as 'shine :D ), natural& artificial flavors. It's a little heavy on the alcohol. Letting it sit with the cap off for a bit.

That being said, I mixed up another 5 ml of peach and vanilla creme last night. Shook it for a bit and dripped some for a test. Mighty good stuff, hopefully it will improve with some steeping.

Now I just need to either buy some bottles or vape up some of the 50 or so sitting around and repurpose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread