First time coil build problems on Provari...need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serverpawn

Mar 2, 2014
Hot Springs, Ar
I have been vaping my Provari for a little over a month and was running a Aspire Nautuils and Kanger Areo tank. I found a good deal from a friend on a kayfun and bought it. I was using 28g Kanthal a-1 on a 5/64 drill bit with 10 wraps. I know that I needed to have it over 1.2 ohms and my first try was right at 1.2. Set it up in the Kayfun and then hooked it up to the Provari and got a E1 code, so I figured out I was a too close to the edge for ohms or had it touching the deck. Was clear of the deck but went ahead and tossed it and started on coild number 2.
Second attempt on a coil build same set up but 12-13 wraps and got a 1.9 ohms. Figured that would work so wicked it and filled it. No error codes but just will not produce anything.
Later dropped by my friends house who vapes on a mod and asked him what I was doing wrong. He took the Kayfun and tried it on his mec mod and it worked fine. He had no advice other than to go build another coil with 30g Kanthal and try to make it to 1.6 ohms.
Can anyone shed some light on what I could be doing wrong?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Sound like you're not making a connection.
The ProVari battery point is a little lower perhaps - depending on the exact KFun you have, it might be just a twist of the screw at the bottom, to get it to reach...

And FYI - I'm vaping a Russian that accidentally came out at 0.9 ohms. The limit is high watts, more than low ohms - so if you hit 1.1 or 1.2, it should work - you just have to lower the voltage all the way and then see how high it might let you go. It'll be in the 3's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread