First time DIY'er Needing advice + suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Total NOOB here

Been vaping for two weeks now and looking to create my own e-liquid The following site seems to provide a good Mix Kit Soloution.

Was hoping you all could suggest what to get in kit based on personal taste to my own.

50ml Platinum Ice 54mg/ml Mixing Kit

I like a strong smoke with a good Throat Hit But would like to mix that up a bit with sweeter flavours with TH. Oh and lots of vape/smoke :)

Not 100% about PG/VG 54mg assuming that is nicotine to be diluted and what dilutes I select.

Will be creating 18mg strength then 12.

Any flavour suggestions from your concuctions. ;)

Also getting these for spares : 510 CE2 Clearomizer Ultimate - Clear

For use with my : Apollo Superior eGo CE4 Kit

Oh and what do the pixing guides mean by drops? Is there a standard device to measure liquid?

Thankyou for all your help!!!!!

Last edited:

papercrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Baltimore
That looks like a nice little started kit. On top of that you will definately need a minimum of 20-30 empty plastic bottles, 2 or 3 1 ml syringes, 1 3ml syringe, and a 5 or 10ml syringe.

As far as flavors I would definately get a tobacco, a vanilla, some sweetener, and whatever else suits your fancy.

I mix at 60vg and 40pg and it gives a lot of vapor while still having a throat hit.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Drops are just that, but not a very accurate way to measure things. It depends on what you are dropping it from as well as how viscous the liquid is. I always use the same type of dropper (Ones that I get with y 30ml bottles from my favorite vendor) so at least I have consistency there. But if you are trying to recreate someone else's recipe it's just a guesstimation.

Last edited:

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
That kit looks kind of pricey to me. For around $45 us (depending on the yo-yo deal) You're getting:
50ml 54mg nic
5x10 ml flavorings (10ml is also too big, in my opinion, for a flavor you're trying for the first time)
disposable pipette
3 plastic dropper bottles - looks like 3ml, 10ml and 30ml

If you bought the same from Wizard Labs, it would cost:
60ml 60mg nic - $6.89
120ml PG - $3.19
120ml VG - $3.19
5x 8ml flavorings (1.49 * 5) 7.45 (WL has really good price on flavorings - if you're not getting from there go for dram size until you know you like it)
disposable pipette .15
3 plastic dropper bottles - 1.49

For a total of $22.36

I would use the money saved to buy a few more bottles in each size, a 10ml graduated cylander and a couple of 5ml syringes with blunt tips. If you decide to buy high mg nic and want to mix up some base liquid to work with then a 60ml glass bottle comes in handy as well.

I'm also pretty new to DIY - been at it just a few weeks now - but this is what I would buy if I could go back in time and make my first order again (although I'd buy bigger bottle of nic and I get my VG at WalMart).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread