Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Welcome to ECF Amanda !
62 here and smoked for over 40 years.
Coming up on 10 years cigarette free in March.
vaping saves lives !

hmmm...
Started smoking in the house with permission at 14...so I recon that comes out to over 48 years...sheesh.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
It will go underground, kids making mech mods using batts they get from other sources and making unclean juice, then you will see a real rise in injuries ect all in favour of big business, it's not hard to make a mod,it's harder to understand how it works, its never going to stop and it's us vapers who will suffer, lots of vapers in the USA will now go back to the stinkies cause that's ok apparently

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I would be out of my mind ANGRY if my right to Juul was taken away totally. I had given up cigarettes and then they were going to ban
A 60 year old woman should be able to do what she wants
That may yet happen, depending on your definition of the word “JUUL”. JUUL is a brand and company name. It’s not even a very old one. There are a large number of other devices which behave similarly in various ways while behaving differently in others. There are some unusual characteristics of that particular brand/model of device which may wind up being made either difficult or impossible to replicate in the future. Maybe all of them. The future is very much in doubt at the moment it seems to me.

I personally do not view the removal of some of these features as necessarily a particularly bad thing, though there are those that disagree with me on it.

“Old person privelidge” is something that has been given very much a back seat in media and government lately.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They can actually buy empty juul compatible pods and fill them any way they want
The big danger seems to be them buying pods filled by other who misrepresent what is in them. It’s the content of the juice that matters more than the hardware. The hardware is just a heater. Heat may be produced many ways.

there seems to be some sort of opinion that “if it’s in a pod it must be safe” which was never true.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I did get $10 off coupon for juul device in my last 2 packs of Marlboros, now that's the tobacco industry at its best!!
Depending on the definition of “best”. most manipulative at any rate. They did buy a possibly working control interest (there is lack of info as to how much control BT has over JUUL atm) so cross promotion would be expected.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I did get $10 off coupon for juul device in my last 2 packs of Marlboros, now that's the tobacco industry at its best!!

Well, at least for your vaping style, Juul is 35% owned by Big Tobacco, and will likely pass the deeming regulations coming up in May. The rest of the devices available today...iffy.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just today I read that JUUL will get rid of flavors except mint and menthol. Mint luckily is my favorite. the tobacco flavor was awful and I always hated menthol anyway
They’d already been gone from gas stations nationally for a long time. It was only specialty stores where they were allowed. The new legislation seems to be aimed directly at those small specialty stores which is ironic since they were basically the only group who had successfully managed to keep stuff out of the hands of kids in the first place.

Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread