Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm UK and sent an email to the Whitehouse explaining the concerns everyone has and you know what, I never got a reply but now I get a massive amount of Trump propaganda from the white house, I didn't ask for that, no way of stopping it unless I change my email
Sounds like you wound up on a marketing spam list. Possibly more than one. I’m not sure what exactly the rules are for that sort of thing. Might be a legal violation, might not. Such rules are probably stricter for candidate promotional material in the UK than they are in the USA.

Reactions: Marper

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
Welcome and congrats on quitting! I am 55 and smoked for 30 years. I am going to buy as much flavor as I can until I can't and hopefully I will have enough stockpiled when the ban hits to keep me happy for awhile because I know this much. I like having my sense of smell and taste back. I lost my entire collection a few years back and of course, I ended up smoking again. Wouldn't you know that the minute I get it together enough to think about replacing everything - this mass hysteria explodes. Welp, I'm gonna stock up on as much as I can for as long as I can until I can't, but I am vaping and will keep on vaping!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I think I just got a little warning, I could be wrong though

I have checked, you have received no warnings.

Oh, I see that one of my old rants didn't go through because I mentioned a particular ingredient that teens are putting into pods that are not filled by juul. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about

Nothing you have posted has been censored.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was amazed with a thread on this forum about an homemade mod,I cant find it now but this person had actually made it out of a glue gun, thats really bad ,so is this what's going to happen when they ban hardware next, god help em
Heh. The word “mod” comes from people doing that originally. It used to be the way everything was made. Standard base materials were altoid tins and compact flashlights. Glue guns have heating elements in them so I see how it could work as an atty. I see two issues with a glue gun. The first of course being the chemical issues with a USED glue gun and old glue still in the device. A new glue gun still might have some of course. Manufacturing or testing residue. Washing would be important. On the whole a glue gun seems like a pretty awkward way to do things. Hot knifing ecig juice is possible. Again, awkward.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Oh, I see that one of my old rants didn't go through because I mentioned a particular ingredient that teens are putting into pods that are not filled by juul. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about
We call it the other stuff generally.;)

Reactions: Izan

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
The first time I modified a flashlight to vape something was in 1975. You took the lens out, and replaced it with aluminum foil. Screw the bezel back on to hold the foil in place. Make a divot over the bulb, and put vapable material in the divot. Turn flashlight on, and suck the vapor off with a straw. It works.

• Creative
Reactions: Baditude

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
You used to be able to buy vaporizers (starting in the early 80's) that used a soldering iron welded to a metal cup, and covered with a glass globe that had a hose sticking out of it. By around 2000, you could buy devices that were much closer to what we're vaping ejuice in today.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
But it's going to be a big problem if and when they ban everything, I don't have a mech mod cause I'm not too sure about how to sort it, I don't really want to blow my face off enjoying vaping
It's not actually easy to make a mech blow up. I can't believe that anyone would hold their mod long enough for it to vent. It's not instant, and the batteries get really hot before they vent. Observe basic battery safety (check out Mooch's blog), keep your resistance high, and remember that E=IxR, and you'll be fine. I vape almost exclusively with mechs, and have never blown my face off. In China and other parts of Asia, beginner kits frequently come with mechs.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I'm in my own little sub-ohm world right now and loving the goon 1.5 using claptons at .22 and my sub-ohm stock stuff, I've got the mesh profile due to be delivered next week sometime, I'll dust off ohms law ect and have another look at mechs, thanks, very informative, right now it's best to stock up with everything including mods and batts, I really feel for the op, 60 years old and they are taking away her vape, it completely sucks but we all know what it's about

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I'm going to spend 300 uk next week to stock my spare freezer with nic, pg,vg and concentrate, I'm getting a few more goons and some mods plus some stock coils, I've got over 600 premade 3mm coils in ss, kanthal and ni80 I think, just can't find anything right now, Haha, loads of mesh and wire, so yeah, let em take it away, I'll still be vaping for years to come unless I'm dead haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread