First Time Purchase Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
All,

I am looking to buy my first ecig. I currently smoke about a pack a day of Camel Menthol Silver (Silver = formerly light). If not available, I will opt for Kool Mild. I hope to use the ecig to cut back and eventually move completely to vapor then completely off.

The Green smoke, although highly recommended, is outside of my budget (for both the kit and the carts). I was thinking more along the blu price range. I have a grasp of the whole 2 - 3 piece difference and cartridge vs cartomizer action. However, after doing a little reading here, I feel I've opened a whole new can of worms and discovered many more options.

I do not need a cigarette sized ecig. But, I'm a guy and don't want to look all audrey hepburn either. I do like the idea of a "pack" that holds everything and charges my batteries. I think I will need a decent throat hit to keep me from wanting an analog right after digi. But, I'm not after that "crack hit" cloud either.

Any recommendations?

Thanks much in advance

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
My wife went from camel silvers.....I smoked a lot of hers or at least enough to know the taste...

You can find good menthol flavors out there, they will not perfectly replicate but will be good enough to replace the camel silver flavors.

We have a kr808 from smoketip and a magma/inferno combo from volcano. If you want an automatic go for the kr808 it is just amazingly better at being an automatic than any 510 I have tried, it consistently works. If you are willing to go the manual button route, which a lot of people like better, the choice becomes harder. The kr808 has a nice warm vaper it feels more like a regular cigarette...in fact my wife chocked on it the first time she tried it as she wasn't expecting it to feel like that...the inferno (and its smaller cousin the magma) don't get nearly as warm and she actually likes that...I honestly can't decide which one I like better sometimes I find myself picking up the kr808 but honestly the longer we have them the more I find myself using the 510's I think both choices are good starter eciggs....with the kr808 being slightly easier to use, it also looks like a normal smoke if thats your thing.

We both actually liked the smoketip prefilled menthol flavor (closer to minty than menthol though) but there are tons of menthol and nonmentholated flavors to try.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
I bought a joye 510 and an joye EGO kit from liberty flights (at the same time). Both kits are awesome I wanted the 510's small size when I am around people and the EGO for when I am at work or home..... It seems like I only smoke the EGO because the battery lasts long and I get good (MORE) vapor with the EGO... I believe the discount code is "october20" Abe puts up monthly sales on LF kits too on the forum.... I was an easy 2 pack a day Marlboro lights.

Save your money and get the ego! I am sure most people on this forum will say same. Find your Juice later... I ordered Juice from Vaporrenu 555 (really good) and bigred (just like the gum - great for after a big dinner) I am hearing great stuff about Backwoods Brew.net juice..... I am going to make an order this week..... This forum is great, I learned a lot here and when I new or thought what I wanted I youtube the name and watched people and listened to what they had to say... You can youtube a flavor and watch people review juices also.... This forum with youtube has helped me a lot...

Edit: Also I was talked into the manual and not auto. Auto's would be easy to damage when refilling your carts I was told...... I had tried an Auto and thought I would not like the button. It doesn't even bother me I would not change my order. Also I have been Analog free for 4 days now!

Get the Joye EGO

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Hello and welcome, OB1! I would never recommend GreenSmokes or Blu to be quite honest. I have personal experience with GreenSmoke and was severely disappointed in them. The battery life was horrible and the carts were some of the worst tasting, shortest lasting things ever. I'm so glad that I found this forum in time to send them back and get my money refunded.

I now have a 510 PT and an eGo, both of which I absolutely love! The battery life on the eGo is phenomenal and will easily get me through at least 8 hours of a 10 hour shift if I'm vaping a lot. There have been plenty of times where the same battery has lasted until I get home from work. The 510 PT is amazing and a real godsend for someone who sits in front a computer most of the time, like me!

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Sounds like you'll want a mega 510 with PCC...Pick up some 18 or 24, preferbly both mg levels, of some menthol liquid from cignot.com...this should be your order...
Joye PCC <--one of those
Joye 510 Extended Life Battery - Manual Blue <---2 of those
Three Joye 510 Spare Atomizers <---one of those, its a 3 pack
Joye 510 cartridges <--one of those (a 5 pack)
Joye liquid <--one of those
That should be your first shopping list, and be prepared for a little bit more soon...But those will have you off cigs period, keep it simple, and youll be sporting something with semi- cig appeal, but not. Simply put..you wont regret it.
Edit..This wont be your LAST e cig purchse, but if its your first, your leaps and bound ahead of what the majority of the vets on this site had to start with. You can tweak personal preferences from there :D

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I started out with the Joye 510 but quickly (two weeks later) ordered an Ego kit because of longer battery life. The Ego and 510 use the exact same atomizers, except you wouldn't want to put a low resistance atomizer on the 510 based on what I've read on this forum. Make sure you order a kit so you'll have one spare battery to use while the other one charges. You can't go wrong with either the 510 or Ego but a 510 has to be charged every 1-2 hours and the Ego will keep on puffing long after you would have recharged both 510s a couple of times. I was a pack and a half to two packs a day smoker and an Ego battery will last me all day. You've gotten very good advice thus far. I based my advice to you based on the fact that you're not necessarily looking for an e-cig the size of a cigarette. Good luck and welcome to the family!

http://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-ego-all.htm

Cignot is an excellent company with awesome customer service.

Last edited:
I also agree on the ego! I would not recommend the blu if you are just trying to quit. It is a little more mellow. No one mentioned it but I'd suggest starting with some 24 mg liquid. The bigger mg with give you a bigger throat hit(seem stronger and more satisfying). I've cut down to 6mg now and I miss the 24 mg. You can really tell the difference. You might think that you could easily vape 0 mg and it'd taste the same but there is a catch, you'd miss the burn : )

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
All,

Thank you very much for the advice. I will look into all of those options and will surely post what I do eventually get and how I like it.

I am a bit tired of researching (2 weeks so far), but I am the type of person who would rather be thorough in the beginning and get what I really want/need. Otherwise, I'd probably be waiting for a backordered blu right now.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
I think you should get a Ego and a LR 510 or LR 306 with a drip tip and you will be well on your way to becoming analog free.

I disagree that you should start on 24mg. I think you should start at 18 or lower. 24 can sometimes tear your throat up especially a new vaporer because you will be chain vaping for the first month or so probably.

You might want to check out no. 7 ecig. They have a charger that looks like a box of analog cigs. I am using the no. 7 micro. I love it. you can get a starter kit for as low as 39.99. It gives you that smooth clean vape without the harsh throat effect. As for menthol flavors, I am using the Halo menthol ice. I love it! Good luck on your search for the right e cig

4door1.8t

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2010
Akron Ohio
I have been off analogs for 4 days now as well and personally i didnt think it would be this easy. I loved the taste and smell of analogs but hated the aftermath of them. I personally bought an 801 kit and it has been my savior. I just orgered an Ego the other day and it should be here tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out and hope that i can stay on the right path. The 510 from what read is a great starter and gets a massive TH and huge amount of vapor but i guess it depends if you want the battery span of an eGo or if you can deal wth swapping batts.
Congrats again

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
My wife went from camel silvers.....I smoked a lot of hers or at least enough to know the taste...

You can find good menthol flavors out there, they will not perfectly replicate but will be good enough to replace the camel silver flavors.

We have a kr808 from smoketip and a magma/inferno combo from volcano. If you want an automatic go for the kr808 it is just amazingly better at being an automatic than any 510 I have tried, it consistently works. If you are willing to go the manual button route, which a lot of people like better, the choice becomes harder. The kr808 has a nice warm vaper it feels more like a regular cigarette...in fact my wife chocked on it the first time she tried it as she wasn't expecting it to feel like that...the inferno (and its smaller cousin the magma) don't get nearly as warm and she actually likes that...I honestly can't decide which one I like better sometimes I find myself picking up the kr808 but honestly the longer we have them the more I find myself using the 510's I think both choices are good starter eciggs....with the kr808 being slightly easier to use, it also looks like a normal smoke if thats your thing.

We both actually liked the smoketip prefilled menthol flavor (closer to minty than menthol though) but there are tons of menthol and nonmentholated flavors to try.

Thanks. The KR808 D (1 or 2) seems to be a highly recommended one. It's definitely on my short list.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
Sounds like you'll want a mega 510 with PCC...Pick up some 18 or 24, preferbly both mg levels, of some menthol liquid from cignot.com...this should be your order...
Joye PCC <--one of those
Joye 510 Extended Life Battery - Manual Blue <---2 of those
Three Joye 510 Spare Atomizers <---one of those, its a 3 pack
Joye 510 cartridges <--one of those (a 5 pack)
That should be your first shopping list, and be prepared for a little bit more soon...But those will have you off cigs period, keep it simple, and youll be sporting something with semi- cig appeal, but not. Simply put..you wont regret it.
Edit..This wont be your LAST e cig purchse, but if its your first, your leaps and bound ahead of what the majority of the vets on this site had to start with. You can tweak personal preferences from there :D

Thanks for the very detailed response!

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
I started out with the Joye 510 but quickly (two weeks later) ordered an Ego kit because of longer battery life. The Ego and 510 use the exact same atomizers, except you wouldn't want to put a low resistance atomizer on the 510 based on what I've read on this forum. Make sure you order a kit so you'll have one spare battery to use while the other one charges. You can't go wrong with either the 510 or Ego but a 510 has to be charged every 1-2 hours and the Ego will keep on puffing long after you would have recharged both 510s a couple of times. I was a pack and a half to two packs a day smoker and an Ego battery will last me all day. You've gotten very good advice thus far. I based my advice to you based on the fact that you're not necessarily looking for an e-cig the size of a cigarette. Good luck and welcome to the family!

Joye eGo

Cignot is an excellent company with awesome customer service.

Thanks! I'm actually shopping for myself and my GF. So that kit might be a real deal for us. Just need a couple more batteries. The eGo is also a shoe in for the short list.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
I think you should get a Ego and a LR 510 or LR 306 with a drip tip and you will be well on your way to becoming analog free.

I disagree that you should start on 24mg. I think you should start at 18 or lower. 24 can sometimes tear your throat up especially a new vaporer because you will be chain vaping for the first month or so probably.

Thanks! So many votes for the eGo. Also thanks for recommending the LR 510. If you don't mind, what difference does a Low Resistance atomizer make compared to say a regular one or whatever will be coming in the kit? I'll probably stick with carts or cartomizers and not go the drip route just yet.

I don't think I'll be starting as high as 24 mg. I'd rather work my way up than down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread