First time vaping need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
Uk
New to vaping can someone please help my liquid is a 10ml bottle and says it’s 0.8% nicotine I have added a photo, does this mean it has 90ml of nicotine in the whole bottle or 9ml, I must sound so stupid but I’ve not got a clue. If I smoke half this bottle in a day am I consuming to much nicotine? Thank you

Attachments

• A5683F64-8951-47D0-B848-55362D6CD13A.jpeg
    A5683F64-8951-47D0-B848-55362D6CD13A.jpeg
    796 KB · Views: 36

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Your 10 ml bottle contains 9mg/ml of nicotine, which is just shy of 10% for the entire bottle.
    If I smoke half this bottle in a day am I consuming to much nicotine?
    That's very subjective and so many variables. Put it down when you're satisfied. If you get a buzz or lightheadedness then you've gone too far. And welcome

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Thank you I wasn’t sure if I was consuming to much nicotine didn’t want to over do it
    It's too early to tell what level you should be at. vape it awhile and see how it works for you and adjust from there. But 9mg/ml wont blow your head off by any means. It's probably about average.

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
    Uk
    It's too early to tell what level you should be at. vape it awhile and see how it works for you and adjust from there. But 9mg/ml wont blow your head off by any means. It's probably about average.
    I’ve been vaping for about 12 days I started on the 18ml nicotine and after about 3 days started ri feel unwell so went down to the 9ml but don’t think the 9ml is working think I need to go back up to the 18ml and maybe I was feeling unwell from the lack of nicotine from smoking in general ‍♀️ It’s all so confusing

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    FYI...take the mg/ml of your juice and divide by 10. That is the % of nicotine in your juice. So if you vape 9mg/ml divided by 10 = 0.9% nicotine content. Another example. 10mg/ml = 1% nicotine. Just move your decimal point one digit to the left. With me?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I’ve been vaping for about 12 days I started on the 18ml nicotine and after about 3 days started ri feel unwell so went down to the 9ml but don’t think the 9ml is working think I need to go back up to the 18ml and maybe I was feeling unwell from the lack of nicotine from smoking in general ‍♀️ It’s all so confusing
    Yes it is. Try upping it to 12 and see what happens. If you still have some 18 left try adding a little of it to your 9.

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
    Uk
    FYI...take the mg/ml of your juice and divide by 10. That is the % of nicotine in your juice. So if you vape 9mg/ml divided by 10 = 0.9% nicotine content. Another example. 10mg/ml = 1% nicotine. Just move your decimal point one digit to the left. With me?
    Great thank you still confused does the whole 10ml bottle contain 9ml of nicotine? I must sound so stupid, basically if I smoked the whole bottle would I be smoking 9ml of nicotine

Reactions: HigherStateD

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Great thank you still confused does the whole 10ml bottle contain 9ml of nicotine? I must sound so stupid, basically if I smoked the whole bottle would I be smoking 9ml of nicotine
    No M'am! And yes, it can be confusing. I linked an article you can read that will further confuse you. :)

If you bought a 10ml bottle of juice at 9mg/ml your pure nicotine content is just under 1% of that bottle. So if you vaped the entire bottle you'd be vaping 0.9ml of nicotine. In other words it's just a few drops in that bottle. Nic is potent. :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    For strength:
    3mg = 0.3%
    9mg = 0.9%
    12mg = 1.2%
    18mg = 1.8%
    etc.

Some companies use % while other use mg, so the conversion is good to know, and simple.

Notice how the decimal point moves over one place in the conversion (either way). No need for math.

I agree with Bronze that you should try 12mg (aka 1.2%) strength if you think 9mg (aka 0.9%) isn't doing it for you and 18mg (aka 1.8%) was too strong for you.

If you can't find 12mg (aka 1.2%) strength in your chosen brand/flavor, you can always buy one 10ml bottle each of the 18mg (aka 1.8%) and the 9mg (aka 0.9%) then mix them together in a larger bottle to get 13.5mg (aka 1.35%) strength, which is close enough to 12mg (aka 1.2%).

Personally, as an example, I vape about 10-12ml of 6-8mg (aka 0.6-0.8%) strength per day (I used to use 12mg (aka 1.2%) up until a few months ago).

Lots of people on this forum vape a lot more juice than 10ml per day, however most of those people probably use a much lower strength than me.

How much is too much for you? You just have to experiment.

does the whole 10ml bottle contain 9ml of nicotine?

When you see the strength listed as "9mg", that means
    9 milligrams of nicotine per 1 milliliter of juice (also written as "9mg/ml").
    That means every 1 milliliter (ml) of liquid contains 9 milligrams (mg) of nicotine.

Therefore, for 9mg (aka 0.9%) strength juice...
    • 10ml of juice will contain 90mg of nicotine in total
    • 20ml of juice will contain 180mg of nicotine in total
    • 30ml of juice will contain 270mg of nicotine in total
    • 50ml of juice will contain 450mg of nicotine in total
    • 100ml of juice will contain 900mg of nicotine in total
    • etc.
    BTW: The fact that your bottle says is 0.8% strength (aka 8mg) but then goes on to say 9mg is false and confusing. Disregard the 0.8% and assume that what you have is 0.9% (aka 9mg) strength. That makes 90mg of nicotine for the whole 10ml bottle.

If none of this makes sense, reread it and reread it again.

Last edited:

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
    Uk
    No M'am! And yes, it can be confusing. I linked an article you can read that will further confuse you. :)

If you bought a 10ml bottle of juice at 9mg/ml your pure nicotine content is just under 1% of that bottle. So if you vaped the entire bottle you'd be vaping 0.9ml of nicotine. In other words it's just a few drops in that bottle. Nic is potent. :)
    Thank you so much you’ve been so much help and yes the article did confuse me lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread