First timer, ego or xpower 900c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmaan

Oct 18, 2010
West Coast - USA
Thanks for that, and yes I agree, I've already come to terms with the fact that I may be purchasing an EGO as well soon. The only real concern is the availability and cost for the atomizer, so I really don't want to run into a shortage problem down the road.
Once I get it, I am sure my next few weeks of posts will entail how to milk the most life out of my atomizer for as long as possible ;)

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Seems to be the main downside with the Xpower is that it works with M301 atomizers. Not a problem in itself as they seem to work great but there aren't many suppliers that carry them at the moment. On the other hand the Joye 510 type supported by the eGo is pretty much universal. You can get adaptors to use M301/M601/Xpower atomizers on a Joye 510 type battery but not the other way around unfortunately.

I would have to agree with this the 501 or 808 / 901 systems are supported with more venders / options and that is important. There are about a gazillion suppliers for the 501 system

Last edited:

tazmaan

Oct 18, 2010
West Coast - USA
Thanks!
Well, it has been 8 hrs since I put the battery on charge, but nothing different occurred to tell me if it was charged or not. The manual says the usb charger will say it's charged by it's 'twinkly reminding', but that hasnt happened. Just a solid green light on the usb. It does flash the leg on the ecig 5 times orange when u first put it on charge, which apparently is right.
Anyhow, I let it sit for 8 hrs, so I just put it all together and put in the prefilled carts that came with it.
Took my first hits!!! Weeee!
It actually doesnt really taste or feel much different than my analog marb lights (of which I just had one about a half hour ago). The only real thing lacking is the vapor, not much at all comes out, but since I really don't know much about what's actually IN the prefilled carts, hopefully it's the ejuice that just doesnt produce much vapor.
I did order high caliber apple, as well as dekang blueberry with the ecig, so I guess I'll figure out how to fill one of the empty carts with it now and give one of those a try.
If anyone has any tips on using this xpower feel free to chime in now, and let me know what I am experiencing is normal, or if I am doing something wrong already ;)

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Dude, an 8 hour charge is crazy. it has to be ready. While I have never timed my EGO charge it has to be be far less than a couple of hours - they are always ready. Take it and use it.

On a side note i like High Caliber liquids. i just had this conversation. I ordered Dekang for my next order as it is cheap. Never again. It is like smoking dog. Wait, it is worse than that... let me think....

Hopefully you choose HC flavors you like. I am telling you the HC tobacco I got and the Dekang - not even comparable. I am trying to compare the worst food you despise against an angus ribeye. There is that big of a difference... (to me)

Last edited:

tazmaan

Oct 18, 2010
West Coast - USA
Thanks TheBuss,
Yeah I figured it wouldn't normally take 8 hrs, but the stupid manual said to charge it for 8 hrs before first use hehe so I did. Kinda bothers me that there was really nothing to tell me it was charged, but oh well.
Maybe it's just because it's my first time vaping, but the dekang blueberry isn't too bad. I definitely get a mouthful of blueberry, so that's good. I have no idea what actual ejuice comes in the prefilled with the xpower, but even that doesn't taste bad to me either. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't be picky, who knows ;)
I haven't tried the HC apple yet, i'll save it for tomorrow maybe or when I figure out exactly what I am supposed to be doing with this thing lol. For example, if I just fill up another blank with the HC apple, do I have to do anything special with the atomizer when I swap the cart? Also, my atomizer came with a totally blank cart, do I use that for anything (doesn't even have the fuzz in it, so cant imagine i should be putting liquid in that).
How many cc's of juice does my blank carto's hold, and how often should I be topping them off, or do I just wait until I am not getting any flavor at all anymore and then refill it?
I know, tons of questions, but this thing definitely didn't come with much in the way of directions or info :(

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Thanks!
Well, it has been 8 hrs since I put the battery on charge, but nothing different occurred to tell me if it was charged or not. The manual says the usb charger will say it's charged by it's 'twinkly reminding', but that hasnt happened. Just a solid green light on the usb. It does flash the leg on the ecig 5 times orange when u first put it on charge, which apparently is right.
Anyhow, I let it sit for 8 hrs, so I just put it all together and put in the prefilled carts that came with it.
Took my first hits!!! Weeee!
It actually doesnt really taste or feel much different than my analog marb lights (of which I just had one about a half hour ago). The only real thing lacking is the vapor, not much at all comes out, but since I really don't know much about what's actually IN the prefilled carts, hopefully it's the ejuice that just doesnt produce much vapor.
I did order high caliber apple, as well as dekang blueberry with the ecig, so I guess I'll figure out how to fill one of the empty carts with it now and give one of those a try.
If anyone has any tips on using this xpower feel free to chime in now, and let me know what I am experiencing is normal, or if I am doing something wrong already ;)

tazmaan said: "Just a solid green light on the usb."

The green light means it's fully charged. An orange or red light means it's still charging. The 1000mAh eGo battery takes 2 3/4 to 3 hours to fully recharge.

Last edited:

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
My friends Xpower was producing tons of vapor off the stock cartos that came with his Xpower. He had the Apple so I don't know if that makes a difference. Also you might have to break it in a bit before it starts to vape real good. Also you may have to learn how to take controlled slow long draws to get the most out of it. Good luck. No button problems?

tazmaan

Oct 18, 2010
West Coast - USA
Yeah, no button or charging problems at all yet. All seems good.
Waiting for some more ejuice to come in, hopefully better. I've got the draw down and the vapor probably isn't as bad as I thought, I was probably expecting too much (especially from basic dekang tobacco mix). The apple HC is a little better with the 30% VG, so I've got some 50/50 coming in from VaporBomb. We'll see if any better.
Happy with the xpower tho, carts are lasting forever and so is the battery :)

Hey guys,

I am considering getting the xpower. I have the riva and absolutely hate it! I ordered 7 riva batteries from East Mall and so far 5 have died and 4 LR attys have gone bust (within 3 months). There is just way too much hype over the riva! or I was just seriously unlucky with my order!

I'm interested in hearing about the xpower and ego users experience on:

Carts (not cartos). With the riva, only the top part of the cart liquid gets used and and then dries up and I have to constantly top up every few mins. Does the same thing happen on the xpower or ego?

Button - I heard the xpower button can get stuck. Is this true? What about the ego?

Throat hit - which is better: xpower or ego?

Last edited:

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I would think that using LR attys added to your troubles. There are lots of threads here about both not holding up well when used together. I found on a Elegant which is basically the same thing as a Riva just a KR808d connection, that attys generated to much heat for the switch which in turns shorts out the battery which then will short out the atty. Just my opinion but if you want to use LR's get a real 3.7 mod and not have to worry about it.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Hey guys,

I am considering getting the xpower. I have the riva and absolutely hate it! I ordered 7 riva batteries from East Mall and so far 5 have died and 4 LR attys have gone bust (within 3 months). There is just way too much hype over the riva! or I was just seriously unlucky with my order!

I'm interested in hearing about the xpower and ego users experience on:

Carts (not cartos). With the riva, only the top part of the cart liquid gets used and and then dries up and I have to constantly top up every few mins. Does the same thing happen on the xpower or ego?

Button - I heard the xpower button can get stuck. Is this true? What about the ego?

Throat hit - which is better: xpower or ego?

When using cartridges, try shaking the PV a little like a thermometer to force some of the juice down into the filler, which should help the liquid wick better into the atomizer. Be sure to fill the inner cart 3/4 full with liquid and then put the filler into the liquid, keeping the top of the filler level with the top of the inner cart. Trimming off the bottom 1/3 of the filler will help the liquid flow into the filler better.

I've never used an xpower and use only eGo batteries. I've never had a button get stuck on any of my eGos.

I get great throat hits every time using eGo batteries. Each eGo battery stays charged until the light blinks 20 times, telling me it's time to recharge it.

My opinion is to stick with genuine eGo batteries. I've had no problems with any of the eGos so far after 10.5 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread