Five by Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iocus

Mar 2, 2013
UK
These are excerpts of my reviews of five E-liquids by Halo. To read the full reviews please visit my blog.

These are personal reviews of products I either bought or received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, ECF

Tribeca

"As I first fire the device and draw the vapour into my mouth, a sensation of strong sweetness registers throughout my mouth. I proceed to inhale the mouthful of vapour and continue inhaling as I continue firing the device. At one point the flavour of caramel leaps to conscious awareness. When I finish inhaling vapour and follow through with a short inhalation of fresh air, which eases the vapour into my lungs, the sweetness subsides while the caramel remains and the flavour of tobacco comes to the fore. As I exhale, the tobacco is predominant with the caramel and the subtlest hint of vanilla showing through. The aftertaste is a pleasant, yet still potent combination of this triad of flavours, with a subtle metallic edge around my teeth and gums. My salivary glands are activated and I find my mouth watering. This doesn't often happen to me as a result of vaping, so when it does I'm pleasantly surprised and more than a little intrigued about this somewhat odd physiological reaction."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tribeca-by-halo.html

Turkish Tobacco

"When I first draw the vapour into my mouth a wash of sweetness and low-key bitterness envelops my tongue. As I begin to inhale the mouthful of vapour, and continue inhaling while I fire the device, the sweetness begins to fade slightly. By the time I finish inhaling vapour and take a short, shallow breath of air, as I usually do, the sweetness has almost dropped away with the obvious umami notes of the tobacco flavour laid bare and prevailing. The tobacco is indeed mild, with a very subtle, fruity undercurrent which at times is vaguely reminiscent of citrus. As I exhale, the umami quality of the tobacco is clarified and gently amplified. The aftertaste is a combination of a somewhat "dry", slightly fruity flavour (in the same way that a white wine might be considered "dry") and a very slender bitterness. When probed with my tongue, there's a touch of metallic tang around my teeth and gums. "

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/turkish-tobacco-by-halo.html

Tiki Juice

"As I first fire the device and draw the vapour into my mouth, I'm immediately aware of the chemesthetic reaction of Menthol on my tongue, and then, as I inhale, at the back of my throat. It's not quite as subtle as I was expecting given the use of the word "hint" (of Menthol) in the Halo blurb describing this juice. It's certainly not an unleashed Menthol, but nor is it subtle. Accompanying the cooling effect of the Menthol is a wash of fruity sweetness along the length of my tongue. When I finish inhaling vapour and follow through with a shallow intake of air, the flavour of fruit crystallises and reveals a spiced plumminess which is strongly reminiscent of the type of spiced fruit you see in Christmas fruit mince pies. Below this is the light, smooth tobacco which serves as a foundation and a type of flavour binding agent which ties together and anchors all the seemingly disparate elements of the top notes. This medley is amplified slightly during the exhalation until it reaches the aftertaste where the Menthol continues to dominate, while the spiced fruit settles quietly around the tongue, teeth and gums. The tobacco, while certainly present is only noticeable if I seek it out. "

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tiki-juice-by-halo.html

Midnight Apple

"As I first draw the vapour into my mouth, I sense the general sweetness and mild sourness of the apple along the forward edge of my tongue, followed closely by the recognition of the savoury flavour of the tobacco. At this stage the recognition of flavour is non-specific. I'm also aware of the presence of a cooling agent mixed at a a very low ratio which serves to "brighten" the fruit flavour. It's not until I finish inhaling, take a short, shallow breath of air and hold for a moment, does the sharp, bright flavour of Granny Smith Apple reveal itself. As I begin to exhale the flavour of apple and the chemesthetic sensation of a cooling agent (which I assume to be Koolada) in my mouth amplifies. The tobacco flavour is a constant presence throughout the inhalation, hold, exhalation and aftertaste cycle. It's a mild, slightly sweet tobacco that complements and serves perfectly as a foundation for the top note of the brighter Granny Smith apple. Successive short, shallow inhalations favour the tobacco flavour over the apple, with the latter adding a mild Malic-like tang to the overall taste sensation. The cooling agent is only noticeable to me during sustained inhalations/exhalations. The aftertaste is dominated by the apple with the cooling agent lingering slightly at the back of the throat and in a more pronounced fashion along the length of my tongue."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/midnight-apple-by-halo.html

Belgian Cocoa

"On the inhalation there's the immediate recognition of cocoa. The sensation is of a smooth, dense vapour entering my mouth while the flavour almost seizes my tongue in a vice like grip. There's a broad sensation of sweetness with a subtler undercurrent of bitterness as the vapour swirls around my mouth and interacts with my taste buds. My tongue is almost tingling. This is strong, full bodied cocoa that's very reminiscent of a bar of dark chocolate or the type of Chocolate Mousse you might find in a fine dining environment. It's sweeter than the often bitter chocolate one finds in a chocolatier's store, but it has the same dark intensity of the darkest of chocolates. As I finish the inhalation of vapour and follow it with a short, shallow breath of air, the cocoa flavour softens just a little. While I hold the breath momentarily and then proceed to exhale, the flavour transforms into a luxurious, velvety, somewhat creamy hot chocolate. This softer chocolaty flavour follows through into the aftertaste where it lingers and fades... Unless I take another drag on the device, in which case the cycle described above recurs, fortifies and amplifies the residual flavour in my mouth. Alongside the cocoa flavour is a slight metallic tang around my teeth and gums."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/belgian-cocoa-by-halo.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread