Four by Mad Murdock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iocus

Mar 2, 2013
UK
These are excerpts from my reviews of Mad Murdock's liquids. To read the full reviews please visit my blog.

This is a personal review of a product I purchased with my own money. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, ECF.

Radiator Pluid

"As I draw the vapour into my mouth there's a flood of lightly sweetened flavour. There's a broad sensation of flavour that seems to sit squarely between sweet, bitter and sour which is a clumsy way of saying that the flavour is spiced. Not spicy as in chilli, but spiced as in Christmas minced fruit pies. The anise makes it's presence felt immediately, with a slight numbing of the tip of my tongue. With successive draws and inhalations the anaesthetic effect of this juice is amplified until my whole tongue and the forward edge of the roof of my mouth is partially numbed. When I inhale the mouthful of vapour and continue to inhale while continuously firing the device, I taste the anise and, though at first I didn't perceive it, the merest suggestion of the tart aspect of Granny Smith apple. Once I've inhaled my fill of vapour, I take a short breath of air to chase it into my lungs and as I do so, the flavour of anise is intensified. At this point, and as I hold my breath for a moment before proceeding to exhale, I discern the unlikely addition to the overall flavour sensation of spearmint and a vague plumminess that leans towards the aforementioned spiced, minced fruit. The dominant anise carries through to the aftertaste with the subtlest hint, again, of apple. The anaesthetic effect abides in my mouth for a good twenty minutes after my last vape."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/radiator-pluid-by-mad-murdock.html

Maha Ras

"As I draw the vapour into and through my mouth I experience a fine-grained prickling on the tip of my tongue. With sustained inhalation, the prickling sensation extends along the length of my tongue and resolves after a moment or two into a mild numbness. The flavour profile is unlike anything I've yet tasted in a vape. As I inhale, there's a mild, broadly floral quality to the flavour. Usually "floral" equates to "unappealing" when discussing flavour in an e-liquid, but in this case, it's patently intentional. (The name of the liquid combined with Mad Murdock's original artwork (a psychedelically coloured image of Murdock himself in a meditative seated position, with Hindu god-like multiple limbs) for this juice suggests an oriental theme.) Rapid successive draws on the device intensifies the flavour. When I finish inhaling vapour I follow through with a short breath of fresh air to chase the vapour into my lungs. At this point the flavour expands and the complexity of this juice becomes apparent. The vapour is spiced (not spicy) with what I imagine are fruity notes. There's something here that approaches the flavour of apricot and perhaps, pomegranate. At one point I imagine I'm tasting rose. There's also that elusive ingredient that causes the anaesthetic effect on my tongue. I want to suggest it's cinnamon but the flavour of this spice is distinctive and I'm not perceiving it here. What else causes numbing like this? Clove? As I exhale, the flavour softens slightly and then for the duration of the aftertaste I perceive what I think is pomegranate with a whisper of orange and what I'm reasonably sure now, is clove. There's also that oft-present metallic tang around my lower teeth and gums."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/maha-ras-by-mad-murdock.html

Agent Orange

"As I fire the device and draw the vapour into my mouth, I begin to sense a velvety sweetness with a general citrus flavour. Sustained inhalation intensifies the flavour somewhat but at no point does the flavour turn sour, as I might have expected it to. At a certain point I stop inhaling vapour, as I usually do, and follow through with a measured inhalation of fresh air to chase the vapour into my lungs. I hold my breath for a moment or two and as I do so, the flavour crystallises and I'm aware of the top note of mandarin with a foundation note of orange. When the breath turns and I begin to exhale the flavour of mandarin intensifies slightly and dominates through to the aftertaste. During this final phase of the cycle, the flavours of orange and mandarin continue with a slight metallic tang around my teeth and gums. I strongly suspect the presence of a third and possibly a fourth flavour sitting low in the mix, but these are so mild that they don't actually manifest as individually recognisable elements. I have a suspicion these flavours are mango and/or apricot. If anything they serve to bolster and add complexity to what otherwise might be an ordinary citrus flavoured vape. You could be forgiven for expecting there to be an acidic tang but this is entirely absent."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/agent-orange-by-mad-murdock.html

"I fire the device and begin by drawing the vapour into my mouth. I register a mild sweetness alongside what I imagine is the flavour of chocolate and Graham Crackers. This is odd considering that Mad Murdock reputedly denied the presence of chocolate in this liquid. Unless he was speaking of actual chocolate and trusting that people would assume he meant chocolate flavour, we can probably rule this flavour out, which means I believe I'm apprehending the flavour of Graham Crackers. A gentle, measured inhalation gives the vapour time to lazily wash throughout my mouth and I'm sure I'm also tasting a mild quotient of peach on the tip of my tongue and the subtlest whisper of anise throughout, both of which would be missed in an inattentive vape. As the breath turns the crackers flavour is amplified slightly and sustained through to the aftertaste. I begin to concentrate on the sensations occurring in my mouth during the aftertaste; my salivary glands are activated and my mouth waters. There's a subtle residue on the insides of my cheeks and a slight increase in the sensitivity of the tip of my tongue. There's a diminishing sensation of the flavour of crackers with a slender impression of acidity which I'd associate with what I imagine is peach. Despite my olfactory perception of chocolate and coffee in the aroma of the liquid, I don't taste it at any stage in the vapour. Which leads me to an interesting question: is it possible to load a liquid with a different aroma to the payload of flavour. For example, an orange flavoured liquid that smells like chocolate would taste like an orange/chocolate mélange. If this is the case, then Murdock is playing clever games with our taste buds."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/710-by-mad-murdock.html

Sighlense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Upstate New York
Agent Orange

"As I fire the device and draw the vapour into my mouth, I begin to sense a velvety sweetness with a general citrus flavour. Sustained inhalation intensifies the flavour somewhat but at no point does the flavour turn sour, as I might have expected it to. At a certain point I stop inhaling vapour, as I usually do, and follow through with a measured inhalation of fresh air to chase the vapour into my lungs. I hold my breath for a moment or two and as I do so, the flavour crystallises and I'm aware of the top note of mandarin with a foundation note of orange. When the breath turns and I begin to exhale the flavour of mandarin intensifies slightly and dominates through to the aftertaste. During this final phase of the cycle, the flavours of orange and mandarin continue with a slight metallic tang around my teeth and gums. I strongly suspect the presence of a third and possibly a fourth flavour sitting low in the mix, but these are so mild that they don't actually manifest as individually recognisable elements. I have a suspicion these flavours are mango and/or apricot. If anything they serve to bolster and add complexity to what otherwise might be an ordinary citrus flavoured vape. You could be forgiven for expecting there to be an acidic tang but this is entirely absent."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/agent-orange-by-mad-murdock.html

Nice review. I HAVE TO give Agent Orange a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread