Five Pawns - Gambit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
I was so excited to try this juice. Since five pawns is very picky at which vape shops can carry them it's almost impossible to try some anywhere before buying it. But after reading several hundred reviews that were all glowing I decided to pony up the 27.50 and order from Giant vapes. What a mistake. I don't know if it's just me but I get a horrible horrible medicine taste and smell. So bad that I had to change out the new atomizer I put in just for it. I got it stepping in a dark drawer, and shaking it couple times a day with hope that I will be like the majority and love the stuff.

Please someone tell me that the same thing happened to them. And that stepping helps. Just so upsetting. It's like a kid at xmas who wanted nothing more than an Xbox one, but all he got was socks and underwear.

I'm new here so again I apologize if this was talked about already, just needed to vent a little and hopefully get some feedback from vapers who either had the same experience as me, or someone who loved it.

Reactions: DoubleEwe

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I think it depends. I liked Gambit a lot in my first Ego style device, but hated it in my Reo. Super harsh in the Reo. The first bottle I bought was directly from Five Pawns, and it was pretty fresh. The second I got was from a local B&M and was almost a year old, so it could have to do with the fact that it had steeped too much also, as opposed to the differences in device.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I was so excited to try this juice. Since Five Pawns is very picky at which vape shops can carry them it's almost impossible to try some anywhere before buying it. But after reading several hundred reviews that were all glowing I decided to pony up the 27.50 and order from Giant vapes. What a mistake. I don't know if it's just me but I get a horrible horrible medicine taste and smell. So bad that I had to change out the new atomizer I put in just for it. I got it stepping in a dark drawer, and shaking it couple times a day with hope that I will be like the majority and love the stuff.

Please someone tell me that the same thing happened to them. And that stepping helps. Just so upsetting. It's like a kid at xmas who wanted nothing more than an Xbox one, but all he got was socks and underwear.

I'm new here so again I apologize if this was talked about already, just needed to vent a little and hopefully get some feedback from vapers who either had the same experience as me, or someone who loved it.

What are you running it in, RayRay? I think @empteeteacup might be on to something - these may have been more oriented to lower-wattage devices and toppers? I grabbed some Castle Long quite some time ago (50/50, 0mg Nic) and I've come to make a clone DIY that's quite respectable. However, I don't like it much over 9-ish watts with a 1.7-ish ohm coil (in a PT2!!!!!)

Reactions: Katdarling

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree with the OP, I believe that particular juice came out way before the high-wattage and/or Subohm craze and was meant to be used on EGO-type devices at under 10W .

It may not taste good on ANY high wattage device ...???
I usually vape with Provari's at 9W but when I try my juices on higher wattage devices most of them tend to just get extremely hot and sickly sweet (no "
When Ive tried

Ive been buying it once in a while for the past 2 years.

Yes,it comes pre-steeped but some bottles still need a few weeks extra steeping .Most stores usually have them on the shelf for a while-how many customers will be buying 25-30$ juice ?- so most bottles will get some extra steeping that way ...but GIANT Vapes is a pretty big shop with ALOT of turnover so my guess is that their stock probably doesnt "sit " for too long as compared to a smaller/B&M place.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
Thanks for all the replies. Little update. I have had it in a dark drawer for about a week now. I have been shaking it everyday. And I have to say the medicinal smell it had when I first cracked it seemed to get a lot less. I have not yet tried again yet, think I will keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens in another week.

As far as the high watt theory, it's very interesting. I wonder what Five Pawns would think about that question if asked.

The only thing that still miffs me is that out of the couple hundred reviews I read, only a handful have reported the same problem I had. I'm generally hoping that I got a very fresh batch from Giant Vapes and that it needed a little time to steep before the juice could be enjoyed. Guessing hopefully the other people had the same problem I had. Keeping my fingers crossed. Gives me hope that the medicinal smell has gotten much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread