Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I've been wanting to try a few of their flavors out and have read many reviews . Many being great but a couple were kind if neutral.

Can anybody give a point of perspective from a dripper? Are these great in rba's and rda's? The only thing I've heard less than great is one guy said the flavors were kinda muted. Of course that is subjective.

Do they require steeping? If so for how long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not muted at all - he probably had them in a clearo LOL I have Absolute Pin in a cartotank, and Queenside in a REO with RM2 rda at 1.4 ohms - both excellent and full flavored. They're presteeped, so they don't need steeping imo.

I did have Queenside briefly in a top coil clearo, and the only flavor I could taste in that was a weird orange flavor - it totally blocked out the other notes.

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
These are great juices to drip because of their complexity. A dripper will allow you to get all the flavors intended to convey. If you are using a RDA or RBA, I think it's more about the build. I don't think really low ohm builds would work best with these juices.

They are presteeped, but I believe the flavor develops even further along the line.

That's what I wanted to hear . Could you give me a recommended range for ohms ? My flying buddy loves queenside and IIRC he says he has his Kayfun set at .8 ohms

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
Not muted at all - he probably had them in a clearo LOL I have Absolute Pin in a cartotank, and Queenside in a REO with RM2 rda at 1.4 ohms - both excellent and full flavored. They're presteeped, so they don't need steeping imo.

I did have Queenside briefly in a top coil clearo, and the only flavor I could taste in that was a weird orange flavor - it totally blocked out the other notes.

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks . Will be ordering tonight

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
That's what I wanted to hear . Could you give me a recommended range for ohms ? My flying buddy loves queenside and IIRC he says he has his Kayfun set at .8 ohms

Ha, it's where/whatever you're comfortable with. :) .8 ohms is the lowest I've gone and I did not the enjoy the vape much. Besides that, it used so much juice. This is no juice to burn up and fly through, pardon the pun. :laugh: I keep the coils between 1.2 and 1.6 ohms.

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
Cool. I didn't figure I'd want to burn to quickly. Some complain about the price, and trust me when I say I'm a poor ol country boy but for the price it looks like you get a good size bottle of juice.

LOL. Yeah, they are sold in 30ml bottles for now. That size lasts a long, long time for me. The sampler pack is coming in a few weeks.

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
That should help with slot of people wanting to try Five Pawns that can't make it to your bar. Which from the pic on your site looks like an outstanding establishment. IMO they way it should be done and may end up inspiring us to do something similar locally . Still have lots to learn tho. Lol I've only been Vaping for alil over a month but last weekend I went in a B&M and it was a nice little shop with a good selection if juices and some mid grade mod equipment . Unfortunately (not trying to be a know it all) I knew more about mods, builds and whatnot than the owner did . If we end up doing something I'll have my chit together. It definitely looks like you guys have yours together. Nice site too :)

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I was able to try about 10 mls of Grandmaster gratis, and while I can tell it's quality juice, I still haven't decided whether I like it or not. Maybe it's the combo I'm not so fond of, but I kept coming back to it. I don't know that I feel it's worth the money for what it is, though. Personally I've had juice of the same quality for half the cost.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I've purchased 4 of the line so far. I pretty much only drip.

I'm vaping the hell out of Fifth Rank. Really can't stop. :)

I bought Lucerna at the same time as Fifth Rank. It was good in the tester but when I got it home, it had an aftertaste I just didn't like very much. It's on its way to a new home now.

Today I picked up Perpetual Check and Sixty-Four.

The jury is still out on Sixty-Four. It's very unique, a kind of oddly sweet herbal with a minty touch to it. Definitely herbal but not in a Jagermeistery way. Hard to describe. It's a bit cloying in my dripper but I think it might be something I'm in the mood for from time to time.

I think I might keep Sixty-Four, but Perpetual Check is just too much for me and makes my mouth a bit numb. :) It's pretty spicy but I think I prefer Absolute Pin to it. So Perpetual Check will probably find a new home too, or maybe I'll let it steep for a while and then try again.

The only reason I haven't picked up Castle Long and probably won't is because I still have an unopened bottle of Castle Long Reserve, and find The Gentleman's Reserve from The Steam Co. to be similar enough that my one and only tank is dedicated to it. :) So I can't really justify picking up Castle Long from the Mixology line when I still have the CLR and 2 bottles of TGR.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
I've only tried Gambit so far, and I have two other flavors from the original line pif'd to me from a friend I still need to try.

Gambit had the same weird aftertaste I get in Deadly Sin, Custards Last Stand, and Mother's Milk, that is just unvapeable to me, which makes me wonder if Gambit has some similar ingredient to custards?

I looked at the new line, and there was some layer of flavor in each one that I don't care for (mint for example in one of them). I guess a blessing for me, so I can save my pocket book.

wsmithjr

Feb 26, 2014
United States
OK, I'm going on a tangent here (apologies). Obviously I can't tell if this is the same weird flavor you're talking about, but I get a strange, almost fruity flavor in lots of juices where it doesn't seem to belong. I've noticed it in Vanilla Shake from Thunderhead, Kustard from Good Life, and many others. Seems to come up in flavors that are supposed to be creamy/vanill-y/custard. Makes me crazy because I love these types of flavors when they're right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread