Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Saw that, Its a nerving, but compared to smoking, I think its still not a vape stopper for me.

I dont think that my vape style would warrant temps reaching any danger zone. I build at .80 to 1.1 ( give or take) When I do use regulateds, I never go higher than 13 watts. I do use mechs but again, even with a fresh battery I doubt the temp reaches 300 degrees. If it did my cotton would scorch.

I honestly think its an article that leans it findings to scare off either the "cloud chasers" that threaten the so called tootlers and to give the high power vapers something to come at the tootlers that keep whining about how "THEY" give us all a bad name....

Its a friendly "inside" man feel to appear non-threatening.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The FEV is one I don't have. Looking at it, it appears to be similar in construction to the Taifun GS line, and so I've passed. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Its similar because the Taifun GS actually took its concept from the FEVs. I do like the GS, wonderful flavor and simple set up, but the machining and robust construction of the FEVs out do it.

The GS (19mm) is so much better than the 23mm version in taste and performance. The 23mm (GSL) had problems ( at least for me) with the spring 510 post had connectivity problems, which after a while I gave them up.

BIG turn off is the "looks" of the FEVs for most. Its so utilitarian, like some sort of fancy tool, but ive grown to appreciate its simple and extremely rugged build.

I did sell my Taifuns, all of them, but missed the GS and found one used. I really missed the GS on my MCR 20mms and my MikroEngineering Defender (20mm too)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Its similar because the Taifun GS actually took its concept from the FEVs. I do like the GS, wonderful flavor and simple set up, but the machining and robust construction of the FEVs out do it.

The GS (19mm) is so much better than the 23mm version in taste and performance. The 23mm (GSL) had problems ( at least for me) with the spring 510 post had connectivity problems, which after a while I gave them up.

BIG turn off is the "looks" of the FEVs for most. Its so utilitarian, like some sort of fancy tool, but ive grown to appreciate its simple and extremely rugged build.

I just learned something New. Thanks for that anavidfan.:thumb:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

I did sell my Taifuns, all of them, but missed the GS and found one used. I really missed the GS on my MCR 20mms and my MikroEngineering Defender (20mm too)
Hmmm... I deem to know someone with a couple GSs...

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hmmm... I deem to know someone with a couple GSs...

Yes, and they are perfection arent they? I missed mine the moment I sold them. Got dazzled by somethings shiny and new, but they did not come close in performance and quality :) Im sure whoever got those first 2 of mine is loving them. :)

Im hoping the FEV VS lives up to my expectations... I kept putting it off for so long because I didnt think I needed a slim RTA. I love my 20mm tube mechs.

With my hands getting worse the lighter weight really is a plus.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The FEV is one I don't have. Looking at it, it appears to be similar in construction to the Taifun GS line, and so I've passed. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Wow Shawn, I figured you would have had one of these years ago... ;)
Mine are boxed these days as I can't vape them anymore, way too restrictive for me now.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I've even considered a second air hole, 3mm, opposite the original but haven't had the nerve to try it yet...I love my FEV V3s and don't want to ruin one with a failed experiment. The overall ir restriction will still be from the chimney to the drip tip so I'm not all that sure a second intake hole will help and may change the "mixing" in the chamber/chimney.

Reactions: 52anddone

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Wow Shawn, I figured you would have had one of these years ago... ;)
Mine are boxed these days as I can't vape them anymore, way too restrictive for me now.
Nah... missed it thus far... maybe soon...

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I've even considered a second air hole, 3mm, opposite the original but haven't had the nerve to try it yet...I love my FEV V3s and don't want to ruin one with a failed experiment. The overall ir restriction will still be from the chimney to the drip tip so I'm not all that sure a second intake hole will help and may change the "mixing" in the chamber/chimney.

I so have a spare chamber , dont remember the manufacturer, but if you want a spare to play with....

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I pondered doing that a while back as well. I was going to bore a new hole directly opposite the threaded one so I could still thread a reducer in if it was too much air.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
jm16-fevvs-001.jpg
jm-flash-e-001.jpg
Finally got my VS. Needless to say, its wonderful. I ended up with 2, but not a problem. One can never have too many :)

Here it is with my new little JM16 and its big brother JM22

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread