Flavoring Variables/Addendums/Tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
What exactly do "White Vinegar" or "Lemon juice" do?

What other such "tools" exists to affect e-juice flavouring and what do they do?

How is Ethyl Maltol, Stevia or Brown Sugar different from each other?

I realize there are lots of threads on this, unfortunately 4 hours alone can be spent weeding through 1,000 off-topic chatter posts making it very time-consuming to find and get down to straight unabridged talk.

Any input is appreciated.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Lemon juice seems to make fruits pop for some users, vinegar can do the same thing for tobaccos, EM imparts a mild sweetness and a moisture to a dry or brittle tasting base. Brown Sugar and Stevia are also used as sweeteners. Marshmallow is also good for imparting moisture and smoothing other elements out in the way that EM does.

Some people use I think its called Flash or Peppers flavor for adding TH without higher nic. FA Vape Wizard can bring a recipe together nicely for some users particularly tobaccos.

The benefit on the add ons seems to vary from user to user but there are some must haves that each of us have. For me, another would be a cream or sweet cream flavor.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
Thanks to Unloaded for the very informative link and Shilo for your responses in brief digest.
Very helpful !!!

Jimi D. pitched in as well which explains the ph scale of acidity/alcalinity. This gives me a better picture what Lemon juice and Vinegar actually do.

phdiagram.jpg

This in part ties in with another thread I made in respect to some Capella flavors tasting like battery acid and what is really going on with that. Based on the above scale, lemon juice is probably not going to help matters as the acidity is not being taken down. I got some Hangsen on the way and hopefully their flavors are not off the top of the ph scale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread