DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Just finished reading this thread and I just want to say bravo for all the hard work and input everyone has contributed. It has helped me beyond anything I could imagine. Thanks to all! I can not believe this hasn't got a sticky.

Anyone looking to get into the DIY side of vaping should take the time to read this entire thread. The wealth of knowledge from this thread as well as the off shoot links is absolutely priceless.

Now my only wish and hope is that I can put it to good use making some awesome mixes and make the diy masters happy! :lol:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I've recently made a batch of juices that all seem to have a bit of a tang to them. Wondering if it could be a bad batch of VG. What is VG supposed to taste like? Or maybe its my PG? I just want to eliminate the possibility of bad bases before i go messing with my flavor percentages and end up wasting a bunch of time. Anyone know a good way to determine if your bases are good?

To determine if it's the VG, PG or nic read my blog

PG should have no taste
VG should have a sweeter nuteral taste
NIC will not be peppery or harsh or will be mildly peppery or harsh which is normal. Badly or cheaply extracted NIC will be very peppery or harsh.

If your getting what you describe as a "Tang" I would bet more on the VG then the PG or it could be the flavoring. I've never herd of NIC giving a tang.

This blog deals mostly with harsh NIC but will teach you how to test your VG and PG as well.

How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Okay guys. Big DIY question. Am I able to premix concentrate recipes for adding to bases (PG/VG/Nic) at a later time? Am I going to screw up the flavors of my recipes by doing this? I have to believe this is pretty common practice. I just want to know if there's anything I should be worried about when doing this.

Not a problem I do it all the time.

Reactions: RM1028
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread