DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R Coy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOL! I'm definitely ready! Are you?

What is the magic steeping degree temperature?
A. 120F
B. 130F
C. 135F
D. 150F

Who thinks almost every idea in this thread is a cockamamie idea?
A. we2rcool
B. Blueser
C. dannyv45
D. VegasDealer

What is/are the funniest post(s) in this entire thread?
A. #632
B. #184
C. #654
D. All of the Above

Where is VegasDealer originally from?
A. Florida
B. New York
C. Iowa
D. Denmark

Who likes to steep their juices in their pajama pockets at night?
A. ukeman
B. Exchaner
C. Hoosier
D. partyannimal

First person to get all five right, gets a like!

d: 150
b: Blueser
d: All of the above
c: Iowa
b: Exchaner

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
d: 150
b: Blueser
d: All of the above
c: Iowa
b: Exchaner

R Coy, that is AWESOME! I wasn't actually expecting anyone to really take it seriously, lol. You scored a perfect score though, Nice! True to my word, here is your reward, “liked”. I sort of wish I had a better reward for you, lol, I am very impressed!

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I've also read and subscribed to this thread, but it's been a while (loved the test!)
My first two bottles of fruit mixes TPA Grape Candy & TPA Apple Candy I used Real Lemon Concentrate and they were fine. Apple and Grape are ADV's for me.
So today I was mixing juices and I didn't add any Real Lemon. I'm going to see if I can tell if my mixes miss something without the Lemon. I mix my Grape & Apple in 90 ml bottles and they last me about a month.
I'm excited to see if I can tell a difference! I'll report back with my findings. If I can tell a difference I'm going to add my 2% back to my fruits!

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
I am still reading, intend to finish but only at page 30 so far. What concerns me in the use of saline and distilled water is bacterial growth. Back in the 70s and early 80s it was common practice to make saline solution with distilled water. We soon found out that once the bottle was open all kinds of bacteria and other little critters began forming in our solution wich was made daily. It seems that an open bottle of dIstIlled water Is a perfect breedIng ground. ThaT is why pure sailing is now sold in single use doses or spray cans. Since we only use a few drops at a time I would suggest using the spray can type. Or if a single use container is used it is only used that day and then disposed of.
Has anyone experimented with adding salt to PG?

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I am still reading, intend to finish but only at page 30 so far. What concerns me in the use of saline and distilled water is bacterial growth. Back in the 70s and early 80s it was common practice to make saline solution with distilled water. We soon found out that once the bottle was open all kinds of bacteria and other little critters began forming in our solution wich was made daily. It seems that an open bottle of dIstIlled water Is a perfect breedIng ground. ThaT is why pure sailing is now sold in single use doses or spray cans. Since we only use a few drops at a time I would suggest using the spray can type. Or if a single use container is used it is only used that day and then disposed of.
Has anyone experimented with adding salt to PG?

PG & VG are both antimicrobial :)

Reactions: hamid30

krewblink

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
California
so can anyone confirm the saline solution 0.9%? does it actually preserve the flavoring or not? I know people with breathing problems (nebulizers) use the 0.9% solution... which is safe for inhale...But im looking something along the lines of preserving the flavor... seems after 3 weeks the flavor faints... im not using any sweetners. but i am going to start using ethyl malton and acetyl pyrazine to see if that will (preserve it better) most of my flavors are in the 15%-20% range.... i dont see going any lower. since they are multiple flavor mixes... any input would be much appreciated. thanks

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
Wow! Made it thru all 74 pages and have really learned a LOT.

You guys have given me some great ideas.

Today I'm going to mix up a few 1/2 oz batches and tomorrow morning I'm going to stuff them into my girlfriend's sports bra before she goes jogging. I should leave the saline solution out of the one I leave open, right?

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Wow! Made it thru all 74 pages and have really learned a LOT.

You guys have given me some great ideas.

Today I'm going to mix up a few 1/2 oz batches and tomorrow morning I'm going to stuff them into my girlfriend's sports bra before she goes jogging. I should leave the saline solution out of the one I leave open, right?

That's a great idea. I would do that except I only have 1 of the little 2 DRAM flavoring bottles available. The 10 mL bottles are just way too large and heavy, she said...

The best I can do is put a few bottles behind the hubcaps on my pickup and drive it to work down a gravel road and leave it in the sunshine all day. Oh, wait, that is steeping and is covered in another thread!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeping-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-iii.html (My favorite thread here)

Seriously, glad you took the time to read. That is the best thing to do with a forum such as this. So many learned folks have taken their time to share their knowledge and experiences that are not available anywhere else.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
so can anyone confirm the saline solution 0.9%? does it actually preserve the flavoring or not? I know people with breathing problems (nebulizers) use the 0.9% solution... which is safe for inhale...But im looking something along the lines of preserving the flavor... seems after 3 weeks the flavor faints... im not using any sweetners. but i am going to start using ethyl malton and acetyl pyrazine to see if that will (preserve it better) most of my flavors are in the 15%-20% range.... i dont see going any lower. since they are multiple flavor mixes... any input would be much appreciated. thanks

I don't think it does anything to preserve the flavor. I'm not sure there is anything that can prevent flavor fade, except possibly refrigeration (haven't tried that).

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Bra steeping was my idea. I want all the credit for it. I'm working on a new bra method and it's gonna be awesome if I can just figure out how to fit the UC in there.:)

I have followed most of your previous ideas with great success. I'm in trouble now... The girl I'm currently dating is an "A" cup...

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I have followed most of your previous ideas with great success. I'm in trouble now... The girl I'm currently dating is an "A" cup...

Shouldn't present a problem. Just tell her to wear a "C" cup bra and there will be plenty of room. If she's ok with the sound of klanging and clacking glass then your home free. Just tell her not to jog at full speed or the bottles may break (Ouch!, Ouch!, Ouch!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread